Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is a question asked by an ABC reporter the other day....how would people here have answered it?

“What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?”

What say you...?

I would have answered the question differently but the press brought that on themselves.

• Agree
Reactions: CDM Tucson
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
90323955_10216421254907237_3128290213734907904_n.jpg

tulc(thinks this is some good advice) ;)

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I would have answered the question differently but the press brought that on themselves.

How would you have answered it? Something like Mike Pence’s answer?

And what was it about the question that “brought on” Donald’s vindictive response?

Here’s the question in full...

“What do you say to Americans who are scared, though? Nearly 200 dead, 14,000 who are sick, millions, as you witnessed, who are scared right now.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
That's just another gotcha question with no satisfactory answer. Very sinister...er, clever.

Yes... that trick question of "Can you reassure people." No one should face such fiendish requests.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's just another gotcha question with no satisfactory answer. Very sinister...er, clever.
It was a softball question and answering with even the blandest of platitudes would have been something even a novice politician would have been able to do. But not the "master of the deal", he saw it as an opening to attack someone. :doh:
tulc( :sigh: )

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Run out right now and buy more toilet paper before you neighbor does. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The journalist himself portrayed it as a softball question...but Trump decided to strike out...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is a question asked by an ABC reporter the other day....how would people here have answered it?

What say you...?
I know just how you feel. I felt the same way when I first heard about it because I just didn't know how bad the virus was and if we could save ourselves from it effects. What I found from talking to medical experts with experience in this was that we have procedures that we normally use for viruses and we've had people in government create dry run exercises that allow the most freedom and also reduce the spread of illnesses like this one.

The guidelines we've created are designed to do just that.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Gotcha question? I take it you’ve never had kids, or if you did, didn’t interact with them. I’m a father, so I’ve had lots of practice reassuring and consoling my son.

That’s what I would have done. Reassure and console. But then, what do I know?

I’m just a guy with empathy...

Upvote 0

MyLifeForChrist

Mar 14, 2020
Midwest
✟20,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
(Trump)"..read some American or better yet world history books and honestly rank yourself where you truly compare today while picking up on basic survival in that same scenario. Then go out and spread the word/help others as 12 disciples did who were not scared to the point of asking 'Rome' where to find Jesus whose church had just been (seemingly) shut down..."
"Next...."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes... that trick question of "Can you reassure people." No one should face such fiendish requests.

What if the only honest answer wasn't all that reassuring?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you hear Pence’s response to the same question...?

Pence is a Christian, with the heart of a minister. Of course he will be more compassionate.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gotcha question? I take it you’ve never had kids, or if you did, didn’t interact with them. I’m a father, so I’ve had lots of practice reassuring and consoling my son.

That’s what I would have done. Reassure and console. But then, what do I know?

I’m just a guy with empathy...

When are you people going to stop trying to get Trump to reinvent himself? He is what he is, and how he answers questions is not unexpected.

Regarding reassuring the people, I'd say that he should put the fear of the virus into them so they will actually comply with the 'doctor's orders' so we can get through this thing. This is time for straight-from-the-shoulder talk, not mollycoddling. And if people don't understand the volumes of up to the minute information being given there's something seriously wrong with them.

And who was this reporter who insinuated himself into the role of advocate for all the American people anyway? The real advocates were on the stage facing this guy. Everything that Trump and his team were saying was meant to inform and reassure.

It was a gotcha question and the guy should be ashamed of himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
"The United States has the best doctors in the world, and an unbreakable spirit. We will get through this and the whole world will be impressed by our resilience."
Yes that would have been an appropriate response.
However, it lacks esteem for the Donald.

Upvote 0