United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Far-left across Europe focused instead on what they called “Israeli apartheid.”

While the vast majority of politicians from across the political spectrum of Europe have denounced Hamas massacres of Israeli civilians, many prominent far-left elected officials have continued to be unequivocally pro-Palestine as the fighting between Israel and Hamas continues.

In Spain, acting Labour Minister Yolanda Díaz, leader of the far-left party Sumar, gave a statement in support of the Palestinians on Wednesday saying she condemned “loud and clear Israeli apartheid and violence against the civilian population wherever it comes from,” during a speech at the closing of a leftist conference in Madrid, the newspaper Público reports.

Díaz was also critical of the European Commission, particularly Neighbourhood Commissioner Olivér Várhelyi, who announced on Monday that the European Union would be cutting off humanitarian aid to Palestine. Díaz called the decision “outrageous” and stated that the EU should be promoting peace instead.

Spain’s acting Minister for Social Rights, Ione Belarra, also had harsh words for Israel, claiming that the country had subjected the Palestinians to “apartheid” for decades and slammed “the complicit silence in the face of Israel’s attacks against the Palestinian people.”

While some countries, like Austria and Germany, have moved to cut off aid to Palestine, Spain was among the few EU countries who rejected cutting aid.

Spain’s Acting Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Albares clarified his government’s stance on the issue saying, “This cooperation must continue; we cannot confuse Hamas, which is in the list of EU’s terrorist groups, with the Palestinian population, or the Palestinian Authority or the United Nations organisations on the ground.”

Continued below.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Yes Jew hatred is in full view. It's particularly strong in the media. Lots of excusing Hamas, lots of condemning of Israel.

You notice how quick they are to believe everything Hamas tells them but are very skeptical or at least not committal at all when Israel says any thing. Just like the whole Israel blew up a hospital story.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes Jew hatred is in full view. It's particularly strong in the media. Lots of excusing Hamas, lots of condemning of Israel.

You notice how quick they are to believe everything Hamas tells them but are very skeptical or at least not committal at all when Israel says any thing. Just like the whole Israel blew up a hospital story.
I really didn't think I would see this sort of anti-Jewish rhetoric in my lifetime, having studied WWII events.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I really didn't think I would see this sort of anti-Jewish rhetoric in my lifetime, having studied WWII events.
Call it what you will. To support Hamas, is to support genocide. Bottom line. "Palestinians" is simply a specific land mass upon which certain Arabic peoples settled. To keep the name, rather than GAZANS, is to blur their Arabic origins. There is no ethnic genocide here. Israel is not cleansing of Arabs.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0