Least qualified Republican VP candidate?

Who's less qualified?

• Dan Quayle

• Sarah Palin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ryal Kane

Senior Veteran
Apr 21, 2004
Hamilton
✟13,720.00
Faith
Atheist
From what I've seen on the boards so far, the least qualified candidate is the one you don't support.
Experience = what the candidate you like has done in their life.
Lack of experience = what the candidate you don't like has done in their life.

So you preferred candidate will have a world of experience and the candidate you loathe will have none.

Easy. :doh:

Of course, there are different kinds of experience which people assimilate in different ways. Experience doesn't always equal 'good'.
And let's remember that none of the candidates have been president or vice-president before. For the specific jobs they're applying for, they all have zero experience.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

DieHappy

and I am A W E S O M E !!
Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm glad to see these comparisons, considering Quayle was right all along. One of the best. True conservative values, easily conveyed to anyone willing to actually listen to the speech instead of listening to Johny Carson make fun of him.

If he had retired early and Leno were the late night king, we'd all have a different impression of him. That's a really sad statement, but all too true. Libs love them some late night comedy to get the news from, yes sir.

Upvote 0

Allahuakbar

Jun 20, 2007
✟3,118.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad to see these comparisons, considering Quayle was right all along. One of the best. True conservative values, easily conveyed to anyone willing to actually listen to the speech instead of listening to Johny Carson make fun of him.

If he had retired early and Leno were the late night king, we'd all have a different impression of him. That's a really sad statement, but all too true. Libs love them some late night comedy to get the news from, yes sir.

Very well, provide evidence. Quotes from Mr. Carson, quotes from Vice President Quayle's speeches, etc...

Let's see an honest, intelligent argument with evidence.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

So, does this mean you believe Palin is less qualified than Quayle?

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad to see these comparisons, considering Quayle was right all along.

plus

4759fb7762c982d6c3afa9f1d3ee488c.jpg

equals

epic-failure.jpg

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Mod Hat On

This thread is about "Least qualified Republican VP candidate?". Please stay on topic.

Flaming and baiting will not be tolerated.

I have deleted a few posts. If a specific post was reported you will receive a PM from staff regarding same. If your post has been deleted and you do not receive a PM the delete stemmed from the thread clean up of the off topic discussion.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC AND NO FLAMING OR BAITING

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DieHappy

Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Very well, provide evidence. Quotes from Mr. Carson, quotes from Vice President Quayle's speeches, etc...

Let's see an honest, intelligent argument with evidence.
Dan Quayle said:
Empowering the poor will strengthen families, and right now the failure of our families is hurting America deeply. When family fails, society fails. The anarchy and lack of structure in our inner cities are a testament to how quickly civilization falls apart when the family foundation crashes. Children need love and discipline; they need mothers and fathers. A welfare check is not a husband, the state is not a father. It is from parents that children learn how to behave in society. It is from parents, above all, that children come to understand values and themselves as men and women, mothers and fathers. And for those who are concerned about children growing up in poverty, we should know this - marriage is probably the best anti-poverty program of all.

Bearing babies irresponsibly is simply wrong. Failing to support children one has fathered is wrong and we must be unequivocal about this. It doesn't help matters when primetime TV has Murphy Brown, a character who supposedly epitomizes today's intelligent, highly paid professional woman, mocking the importance of fathers by bearing a child alone and calling it just another lifestyle choice. I know it's not fashionable to talk about moral values, but we need to do it! Even though our cultural leaders in Hollywood, network TV and the national newspapers routinely jeer at them, I think most of us in this room know that some things are good and other things are wrong. And now, it's time to make the discussion public. It's time to talk again about the family, hard work, integrity and personal responsibility. We cannot be embarrassed out of our belief that two parents married to each other are better, in most cases, for children than one. That honest work is better than handouts or crime. That we are our brother's keepers. That is worth making an effort, even when the rewards aren't immediate.

Since I can't find the direct quotes online, I'll do my best from memory and since I was in the audience and you could hear my boos on the broadcast, I trust my memory.

Carson says: "Did you hear Dan Quayle's speech last night? He said that Murphy Brown having a baby out of wedlock is teaching young girls that it's ok? Do you think Dan understands that tv isn't real? That Murphy Brown is just a character? I bet he trying to call her right now and yell a her."

Carson him self said he was unfair to Quayle but since he was nearing retirement he went out as hard as he could.

Incidentally, Quayle was right. Notice obama stealing the "brother's keeper" line? Ever hear Cosby, Jackson, and Oprah, all far left liberals, say those paragraphs nearly word for word?

http://www.mackinac.org/features/pda/article.aspx?ID=179
http://dir.salon.com/story/politics/feature/2002/05/10/quayle

Quayle probably doesn't even get to the top 10,000 as far as effective elected conservatives, but going point by point on the issues, he right on every single one (In other words, he agrees with me.)

I can only hope that Palin come close.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
She is vary Pro-Life,
but I wish she was anti-preemptive war also.

But you can't have both in either of the two main parties.

:idea:

If only there was a way to vote on one issue at a time.
Actually I think she is pro death penalty, which makes her not Pro-life.

Upvote 0

Illuminatus

Draft the chickenhawks
Nov 28, 2004
✟14,062.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Incidentally, Quayle was right. Notice obama stealing the "brother's keeper" line? Ever hear Cosby, Jackson, and Oprah, all far left liberals, say those paragraphs nearly word for word?

If you take the time to read this thing called the "Bible", you might note that Quayle didn't exactly coin the phrase.

Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Actually Obama put that line in practical application, you know, kind of like Jesus asked others to do for the least of us.

Upvote 0

DieHappy

Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually Obama put that line in practical application, you know, kind of like Jesus asked others to do for the least of us.
Tell that to his brother.
And, of course, the point was that there at least 4 prominent black leaders saying now what Quayle said years ago and was made fun of for saying.

Besides, what was the point of saying he puts the words into action. Are you claiming that quayle doesn't?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allahuakbar

Jun 20, 2007
✟3,118.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Since I can't find the direct quotes online, I'll do my best from memory and since I was in the audience and you could hear my boos on the broadcast, I trust my memory.

I'm sorry, you no longer have that privilege. You claimed you heard Senator Obama support reparations from memory, which he did not.

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=6794339&page=2

When you use your memory to make dishonest statements out of a desire to libel someone you disagree with, you lose the ability to have that same memory recognized. There are consequences for dishonesty, and this is one of them. If you want to be believed, I recommend you find corroborating information in a verifiable source.

Carson says: "Did you hear Dan Quayle's speech last night? He said that Murphy Brown having a baby out of wedlock is teaching young girls that it's ok? Do you think Dan understands that tv isn't real? That Murphy Brown is just a character? I bet he trying to call her right now and yell a her."

What is wrong with this statement? It mirrors the incredulity some of us felt when Harry Potter was denounced by some Christian groups because it might lead young Christian children to witchcraft. Too many people cannot comprehend the difference between fantasy and reality.

Carson him self said he was unfair to Quayle but since he was nearing retirement he went out as hard as he could.

Quote?

Vice President Quayle was right about what? Did the number of professional women giving birth to children without a husband go up after Murphy Brown? Did girls grow up planning to raise children without husbands, citing Murphy Brown as inspiration? What was VP Quayle correct about? Your links are simply Op-Ed claiming that having both parents is better. I do not think anyone debated this. Having a mother and father is ideal, but it is not an ideal world.

Quayle probably doesn't even get to the top 10,000 as far as effective elected conservatives, but going point by point on the issues, he right on every single one (In other words, he agrees with me.)

You have failed repeatedly to make valid and effective arguments in support of your opinions, why now do your opinions stand as a litmus test for others?

I can only hope that Palin come close.

We shall wait and see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DieHappy

Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry, you no longer have that privilege. You claimed you heard Senator Obama support reparations from memory, which he did not.

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=6794339&page=2

wow, you save some of this vitriolic obsession for quite some time, don't you? Do you have all of my posts saved in a file for frequent perusal titled "MichaelFJF and DieHappy, I'm not sure how it's pronounced, but I think it's..." and then you light a candle, put in some Belinda Carlisle, and fall asleep to a dream of he and I in a Star Trek style death match for your hand?

When you use your memory to make dishonest statements out of a desire to libel someone you disagree with, you lose the ability to have that same memory recognized. There are consequences for dishonesty, and this is one of them. If you want to be believed, I recommend you find corroborating information in a verifiable source.
See, the problem with this whole line of yours is that no one has yet come up with the primary debate transcripts, where I claimed to have heard it. You can accuse me of not backing up my claim, but when you accuse me of lying you are being nothing more than a brainless attack dog, bringing nothing constructive to the threads in which you participate and making yourself look the fool for believing that a transcript of debate against a different opponent in a different part of the state somehow proves me wrong. I can't prove my claim right, but you have not proved it wrong, which means you have no authority to call me a liar. I have plenty of authority to call you a small, friendless, man who's narcissism is only matched by his hatred of conservatives he's never met, however.

What is wrong with this statement? It mirrors the incredulity some of us felt when Harry Potter was denounced by some Christian groups because it might lead young Christian children to witchcraft. Too many people cannot comprehend the difference between fantasy and reality.
Yes, too many cannot separate the two, but Quayle did, in the text of the speech, and Carson said flat out that he couldn't. People who hadn't heard the speech but did watch the tonight sow were left with the clear impression that quayle thought murphy brown was a real person.

Quote?
Vice President Quayle was right about what? Did the number of professional women giving birth to children without a husband go up after Murphy Brown? Did girls grow up planning to raise children without husbands, citing Murphy Brown as inspiration? What was VP Quayle correct about? Your links are simply Op-Ed claiming that having both parents is better. I do not think anyone debated this. Having a mother and father is ideal, but it is not an ideal world.
So, you agree with him as well. The thing no one seems to remember is that nearly 20 years ago hardly anyone had the guts to say that it is ideal to have a mother and a father. Now we all agree with what quayle was eviscerated for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
Tell that to his brother.
What do you really know about the relationship between he and his brother? Did you read his book or do you just ass/u/me?
And, of course, the point was that there at least 4 prominent black leaders saying now what Quayle said years ago and was made fun of for saying.
And my point is that Obama didn't just steal the line as you assert, he put it to effect. I have no issue with what Quayle said.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From what I've seen on the boards so far, the least qualified candidate is the one you don't support.
Experience = what the candidate you like has done in their life.
Lack of experience = what the candidate you don't like has done in their life.

So you preferred candidate will have a world of experience and the candidate you loathe will have none.

Easy. :doh:

Of course, there are different kinds of experience which people assimilate in different ways. Experience doesn't always equal 'good'.
And let's remember that none of the candidates have been president or vice-president before. For the specific jobs they're applying for, they all have zero experience.

I can tell you've thought this through more than most. The rest seem to be falling right into the McCain/Palin trap. I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

Upvote 0