Ontario
✟8,376.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello! My name is Tessa, I am new to Christianity and Faith. I am really hoping that finding a good group of friends that share my faith will help me out.

I have been suffering with depression my whole life, and one day(about a month ago) God showed me that He is ways with me. Now, even though I am still suffering, I know that with Him, He can help me get better.

I really hope that I can meet some people who can help teach me and maybe do bible studies with me!
I love making new friends, so i hope to hear and connect with some of you!

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello! My name is Tessa, I am new to Christianity and Faith. I am really hoping that finding a good group of friends that share my faith will help me out.

I have been suffering with depression my whole life, and one day(about a month ago) God showed me that He is ways with me. Now, even though I am still suffering, I know that with Him, He can help me get better.

I really hope that I can meet some people who can help teach me and maybe do bible studies with me!
Welcome! :) I am glad you are here. I hope you love it here as much as I do :)

Upvote 0

blossom15

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2011
Europe
✟97,018.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Tessica, welcome!

It's so encouraging to hear about God at work in your life.

If you feel guided to look online to study, two devotionals which may be of interest to start the day with to help focus on the Word, and which I have found helpful,are (other people may have different suggestions):-

United Christian Broadcasters | Broadcasting television network (although I disagree with their view on tithing as I believe that its clear in the NT that each should give as they purpose in their heart, and not under compulsion, rather than it being a tenth - in fact it might even be more at times for those that can afford it - however the devotional still seems very good).

Proverbs 31 Ministries - Know the Truth. Live the Truth. It changes everything.

In addition Proverbs 31 ministry does bible studies you can sign up for, and there is opportunity to comment as you study.

Its really good to connect with people locally though.

may God bless you,

Blossom

Upvote 0

Tessica

Feb 15, 2018
Ontario
✟8,376.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello Tessica, welcome!

It's so encouraging to hear about God at work in your life.

If you feel guided to look online to study, two devotionals which may be of interest to start the day with to help focus on the Word, and which I have found helpful,are (other people may have different suggestions):-

United Christian Broadcasters | Broadcasting television network (although I disagree with their view on tithing as I believe that its clear in the NT that each should give as they purpose in their heart, and not under compulsion, rather than it being a tenth - in fact it might even be more at times for those that can afford it - however the devotional still seems very good).

Proverbs 31 Ministries - Know the Truth. Live the Truth. It changes everything.

In addition Proverbs 31 ministry does bible studies you can sign up for, and there is opportunity to comment as you study.

Its really good to connect with people locally though.

may God bless you,

Blossom

This is wonderful! Thank you so very much!

• Optimistic
Reactions: blossom15
Upvote 0

Eerin

Feb 15, 2018
FL
✟16,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Praise the Lord ! I am so happy for you! I would love a new friend :)

• Agree
Reactions: Tessica
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Welcome to Christian Forums, Tessica.

Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF, Tessa! I hope you find this forum helpful. Sending prayers for you, asking the Lord to reveal His healing presence to you in a special and powerful way, filling you with His love, peace, and strength in the days ahead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi; Tessica; good to see you. Isaiah 53 focuses on the Lord Jesus' sufferings at the Cross; it's a wonderfully searching chapter.

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." (Isaiah 53.3-6)

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is one thing that you must never do in times of fear, brokenness, depression, uncertainty, and discouragement and that is to isolate yourself by cutting yourself out of Christian fellowship...

Broken

Upvote 0