Not open for further replies.

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
So what you're telling me is that you are a stranger to the commonwealth of Israel and to the covenant of promise. Without God and without hope in the world.
you need to stop putting words in other people's mouths. I told you no such thing. I am not a citizen of Israel in the sense Isreal is the Jewish lineage all the way back to Abraham so I have no legal right to that. I can share in salvation through Jesus who as a Jew offered it to me through Paul's Gospel of Grace. This does not make me a Jew. I have no legal right to the promises given to them in the Old covenant that are not included in the New Covenant. The Laws of the Old Covenant do NOT apply to those who are not legally a Jew.
Come on now, you don't really believe the words of Jesus only apply to Jewish people. If I ever said that I would be classified as a cult here. Jesus is a light to the world. The words Jesus spoke they are truth and they are life. He will take the law on stone and write it in your heart. That's if you let Him.
I believe that a lot of them are specific to the Jews we have to weigh things based upon that before applying them to non Jews (Gentiles)
The bible says that Jesus is the author of eternal life for ALL who obey Him.
The bible says we are saved by Faith... not obedience.
Obedience does not mean you have faith in someone. A dog can obey a master it hates and one day turn on him and bite him and get killed by that same master.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm still waiting for the difinitive proof that Saturday is the sabbath, and for a command for Gentiles to observe a ritual sabbath.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I'm still waiting for the difinitive proof that Saturday is the sabbath, and for a command for Gentiles to observe a ritual sabbath.

God Bless

Till all are one.
good luck... I tried to get him to tell me where Jesus ever taught Gentiles directly and got nowhere. It is like nailing jello to the wall.

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless

Till all are one.

The funny thing is that I already answered you several times on this even to they point of being accused of slamming.

Jesus taught us how to keep the Sabbath holy. That should be good enough if you follow Jesus.

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
good luck... I tried to get him to tell me where Jesus ever taught Gentiles directly and got nowhere. It is like nailing jello to the wall.

The Sabbath was made for man so if you're a human then the Sabbath was made for you.

Tell me something. Why is it that years after the resurrection of Jesus we find the Gentiles begging to be taught the next Sabbath and why would almost the whole city come out on the Sabbath to hear the word of God?

Tell me something. Where does the working animals fit into Jew and Gentile?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
The Sabbath was made for man so if you're a human then the Sabbath was made for you.
unfounded statement, the sabbath was not made for man in general but specifically for God's chosen people, the Jews. You cannot find anywhere in the bible that the sabbath was for anyone but Jews... period.
Tell me something. Why is it that years after the resurrection of Jesus we find the Gentiles begging to be taught the next Sabbath and why would almost the whole city come out on the Sabbath to hear the word of God?
I don't recall Paul limiting his teaching only to the sabbath, he preached all times and all days and all occasions and to the Gentiles he preached typically on their schedules as in many places there would be NOBODY around observing any sabbath thinking... they were gentiles.
[quote
Tell me something. Where does the working animals fit into Jew and Gentile?[/quote]
Non sequitor.

Upvote 0

numlock321

Nov 12, 2011
Philippines
✟15,185.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
this is a proof that sabbath is saturday

Shabbath- is a weekly day of rest, observed from sundown on Friday until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night

when christ was crucified it was friday right? and still dead on saturday and got up in the nex morning the FIRST day of the week! and that was SUNDAY! now saturday is the sabbath!

how we can love jesus and follow him if we continue to sin? the bible defines sin as a Transgression of the LAW.! through the LAW we gain knowledge to SIN!

the bible speaks we are save by faith, but by FAITH ALONE?

if we have FAITH to GOD it results to OBEDIENCE! how can we show we have faith in him if we lack OBEDIENCE? God said " if you LOVED me Keep my COMMANDMENTS!"

Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
this is a proof that sabbath is saturday

Shabbath- is a weekly day of rest, observed from sundown on Friday until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night

when christ was crucified it was friday right? and still dead on saturday and got up in the nex morning the FIRST day of the week! and that was SUNDAY! now saturday is the sabbath!

how we can love jesus and follow him if we continue to sin? the bible defines sin as a Transgression of the LAW.! through the LAW we gain knowledge to SIN!

the bible speaks we are save by faith, but by FAITH ALONE?

if we have FAITH to GOD it results to OBEDIENCE! how can we show we have faith in him if we lack OBEDIENCE? God said " if you LOVED me Keep my COMMANDMENTS!"

I have already addressed this is an earlier post but do realize that the are many many pages to this thread, God is a God of love and He is also a God of numbers, numbers are important, and Jesus said that He would be in the heart of the earth 3 days and 3 nights, so to answer your question no it could not have been friday when He was crucified. Holy Days were also consider as Sabbaths. seeing that they were in the week of the passover, so for the math to add up there had to be a Holy day/ Sabbath on Thursday of that week. could you explain what Jesus meant when He said if you love me keep my commandments. For this is what I understand Him saying; Master what is the great commandment: to Love God with all our heart, soul and mind. and the second is like unto it; love thy neighbor as you love yourself, I see nothing about a separated day to worship God in these commandments that Jesus gave, but rather He said that the law and the prophets hang on these two commadments. If we love God with all we have, would just one day sat aside for worship be enough to show our Love toward Him? I think not! but this is just the way I see scriptures. if you see Jesus telling you to love God by just honoring Him one day of the week then you give that one day all you have!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The funny thing is that I already answered you several times on this even to they point of being accused of slamming.

Jesus taught us how to keep the Sabbath holy. That should be good enough if you follow Jesus.

You never did.

All you did was spam a verse that posted previously.

Years can be shown from scipture.

Months are even named specifically.

But absolutely nowhere in scripture can you show me in scripture where Saturday is specifically called the Sabbath.

If you can, produce scripture to prove it.

And while your at it, produce scripture from the NT where Gentiles are commanded to keep the sabbath.

How do you answer Deut. 5:15?

"And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day. "

Were the Gentiles "a servant in the land of Egypt"?

Here is proof that the 4th commandment was given to specifically the Hebrews.

I'll be waiting.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You never did.

All you did was spam a verse that posted previously.

Years can be shown from scipture.

Months are even named specifically.

But absolutely nowhere in scripture can you show me in scripture where Saturday is specifically called the Sabbath.

If you can, produce scripture to prove it.

And while your at it, produce scripture from the NT where Gentiles are commanded to keep the sabbath.

I'll be waiting.

God Bless

Till all are one.

I have already gone over this with you and I also told you that your inability to see the simple truth of which day the Sabbath is a tells me that you are just trying to wear me out. Preparation day is the sixth day or Friday if you will. The preparation day is to get ready for the Sabbath which is the seventh day or Saturday if you will. They rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment and then on the first day they came to the tomb. This is not rocket science. I think you reject truth just for the sake of rejecting truth.

The Sabbath is for man as well as working animals. Gentiles begged to be taught next Sabbath. The whole city came out the next Sabbath. The teachings of Jesus are for you, if you're a follower of Jesus. I can go on and on but if you are not willing to see the simple things then why go any further.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.