Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You keep saying this, but can tell me nothing as to how the Bible deals with these billions of billions of people, so admit that you do not know how these people get saved.

Are you a universalist? If not, why aren't you aware that not everyone will be saved? And do you have to know the number of people who will be saved or continue in their sins? Is God just or don't you trust His judgments?

Does your supreme being have free will or is he bound by a set of laws?

D&C 82
2 Nevertheless, there are those among you who have sinned exceedingly; yea, even all of you have sinned; but verily I say unto you, beware from henceforth, and refrain from sin, lest sore judgments fall upon your heads....

10 I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
1) Jesus does no such thing as to encourage … it is a present tense standard.
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Mat 5:48 KJV

This is what was revealed in the OT, the command was revealed in the present tense:
"For I am the Lord that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy." Lev 11:45 KJV​

2) Grace isn't some stop gap measure to make up any shortfalls between imperfection and perfection. Nor is grace some last moment intervention which he grants to people "only after they have done everything they can do".
God does not reveal a plan of salvation based on obedience to all the commands \ laws and ordinances … a ladder to climb … a progression to exaltation.

A shortfall grace is not a gospel hope … it's rather the door to outer darkness.

You can call my belief what you want, but if you are not trying to be like Jesus Christ and follow him and do the things he did, you will not have EL. There is an assumption you must be aware of when Jesus says believe me and you will have EL.

When Jesus uses the word "believe", he knows it only as an active word. For instance, Jesus assumes that if you truly believe in him, then you will follow his example and be like him. He assumes that if you believe he can save you, then you will love him, and if you love him, you will keep his commandments, as he keeps his own commandments.

He has no notion that if you believe me, you will go about doing those things that are not pleasing to him, especially heinous type sins and even total rejection of him and his gospel and his Father, which is in heaven.

A person that says that they believe and do not follow in Jesus's footsteps, really does not believe and will not have EL.
Thats why I say you better be on the right path, or it will be a tell-tell sign that you really do not believe and then you may be surprised that you did not recieve EL from Jesus.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep saying this, but can tell me nothing as to how the Bible deals with these billions of billions of people, so admit that you do not know how these people get saved.
C'mon Peter, I thought you were better than that. Both dzheremi and I have told you how the Bible deals with your billions and billions. See Post #76.
What happens next is up to God. As dzheremi pointed out about the thief on the cross, some who don't know/never heard of Jesus will know he is God, some will not. That's one of the points, IMO, of the interaction between Jesus and the thieves on either side of him. In addition, if you will recall the account of David being called to replace Saul on the throne, "the Lord looks at the heart" (1 Sam 16:7). Whatever rituals the lds or anyone else wants to do for dead people is fruitless. God knew/knows their heart while they were/are alive and He alone will decide their fate.

Upvote 0