Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for misunderstanding, but it sounded identical to every other post you've made about Europeans, and you've made a lot of posts about Europeans since I've joined.

Were you serious about all the other posts that also insulted Europeans, or were they just joking in those too?

OK, you've got me here, I'm truly confused. You appear to sincerely believe they are speaking French just to sound fancy. SMH.

Yeah, those crazy Parisians, speaking French.

It's insulting to Europeans to suggest they're not our friends, that they've actually been insulting us for years (this is born out in polls and stats, actually), and that we should dissolve our alliances? Those opinions are now "insults"?

Wow, that's pretty touchy, but that's 2018.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for misunderstanding, but it sounded identical to every other post you've made about Europeans, and you've made a lot of posts about Europeans since I've joined.

Were you serious about all the other posts that also insulted Europeans, or were they just joking in those too?

OK, you've got me here, I'm truly confused. You appear to sincerely believe they are speaking French just to sound fancy. SMH.

Yeah, those crazy Parisians, speaking French.

I mean that's kinda funny now I think on it...that's the way it's supposed to work. Americans have been told for YEARS that we are this, that and the other. Over and over and over and over and over. But if we say: these people are not our allies, we should dissolve our alliance, we shouldn't be supporting these nations--THAT is an insult not to be borne.

This is like an abusive relationship. We need out.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean that's kinda funny now I think on it...that's the way it's supposed to work. Americans have been told for YEARS that we are this, that and the other. Over and over and over and over and over. But if we say: these people are not our allies, we should dissolve our alliance, we shouldn't be supporting these nations--THAT is an insult not to be borne.

So Americans have borne the normal back-and-forth of a relationship.

But if we say, ... you are not a good husband/wife, ... we should divorce, ... because I don't want to be of support to you anymore, ... ???

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
So Americans have borne the normal back-and-forth of a relationship.

But if we say, ... you are not a good husband/wife, ... we should divorce, ... because I don't want to be of support to you anymore, ... ???

You mean then what...then what WE (Americans) divorce our allies? I don't know. I don't see much changing for us. We still have a super power military, we're still getting a bad deal on tariffs, etc. So we lose out on the "friendship", such as it is. ???

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I hope that was his point somewhere in his post. Wanting a "Whiter" team is what I would expect to hear from the KKK or Neo Nazis.
Why would it be the domain of Nazis and the Klan to want a European team to be more European?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would it be the domain of Nazis and the Klan to want a European team to be more European?

European means something different now. Ideally, the teams should reflect the current diversity of the nations they represent.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is entirely too ponderous in French. Just like the French too, to make everything ponderous and fancy, even a stupid sports cheer. lol

"Go blues" is ponderous and fancy?

I guess when we chanted "Go team, go" for my daughter's t-ball we were being pretentious?

• Haha
Reactions: Jack Slatts
Upvote 0

Jack Slatts

Jul 5, 2018
Vancouver
✟20,817.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The European teams look very European, you should visit sometime.

But I get it, by European, you mean "Whiter". Here is post that started our conversation

But I believe your real point (with this post) is to demonize White soccer fans who want Whiter (West European) national teams, no (?)

Wanting European teams to be "Whiter", or to use your euphemism, "more European", is by definition the domain of the KKK and/or Neo Nazis. I'm not sure how you cannot understand this.

Upvote 0

Jack Slatts

Jul 5, 2018
Vancouver
✟20,817.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's insulting to Europeans to suggest they're not our friends, that they've actually been insulting us for years (this is born out in polls and stats, actually), and that we should dissolve our alliances? Those opinions are now "insults"?

Wow, that's pretty touchy, but that's 2018.

So when European say things about Americans that you don't like, they are "insulting us." But when you say similar things about Europeans, if anyone calls it an insult they are being "pretty touchy, but that's 2018".

Are you serious?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jack Slatts

Jul 5, 2018
Vancouver
✟20,817.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Defining "European" by the people indigenous to Europe? Wow, better just call me Hitler, huh?

Never mind. I don't even know where to start.

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The European teams look very European, you should visit sometime.
I've lived in Europe. This attitude didn't really exist when I talked to people there. The closest you'd get is that "African", "European", etc. were all ultimately meaningless because we're all human, maaaaan. But I don't recall ever hearing someone say that the African immigrants there "looked" European.

But I get it, by European, you mean "Whiter". Here is post that started our conversation
If I say Person A is African, what do you imagine that person looks like?

Come on man, I don't believe you don't know what a European person looks like, no more than I believe you don't know what a Korean person looks like.

Wanting European teams to be "Whiter", or to use your euphemism, "more European", is by definition the domain of the KKK and/or Neo Nazis. I'm not sure how you cannot understand this.
It really isn't, you're just throwing out "KKK/Nazis" because you've been conditioned to associate anything that could be construed as pro-white with those two specific groups.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jack Slatts

Jul 5, 2018
Vancouver
✟20,817.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Which isn't an argument of any sort, in case you weren't sure.
Yeah. I sincerely don't know what to say to people who don't understand what's wrong with wanting an all white soccer team, or in this case "more European."

Upvote 0

Jack Slatts

Jul 5, 2018
Vancouver
✟20,817.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've lived in Europe. This attitude didn't really exist when I talked to people there. The closest you'd get is that "African", "European", etc. were all ultimately meaningless because we're all human, maaaaan. But I don't recall ever hearing someone say that the African immigrants there "looked" European.

If I say Person A is African, what do you imagine that person looks like?

Come on man, I don't believe you don't know what a European person looks like, no more than I believe you don't know what a Korean person looks like.

No, this is the post that started our conversation:

But I believe your real point (with this post) is to demonize White soccer fans who want Whiter (West European) national teams, no (?)

You just changed "White" to "European", so it is very clear what you mean.

It really isn't, you're just throwing out "KKK/Nazis" because you've been conditioned to associate anything that could be construed as pro-white with those two specific groups.

Nah, it's got nothing to do with conditioning. You have been arguing that people not wanting brown skinned people on their soccer team is acceptable. I'm perfectly aware of which groups want the same thing.

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah. I sincerely don't know what to say to people who don't understand what's wrong with wanting an all white soccer team, or in this case "more European."
Oh I understand exactly why you think what you do, I just want you to actually defend your position. I'm pretty ambivalent on the issue itself (that is, black players on European teams). I am, however, very tired of "KKK/Nazis" being thrown around all the time at anything said remotely in favor of white people. I'm also skeptical of claims that such things are inherently immoral, KKK/Nazis notwithstanding.

It's an interesting conversation one could have, but so often this is the reaction one gets: as soon as that position is treated as anything other than unassailable truth, people just disengage.

Upvote 0

Jack Slatts

Jul 5, 2018
Vancouver
✟20,817.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh I understand exactly why you think what you do, I just want you to actually defend your position. I'm pretty ambivalent on the issue itself (that is, black players on European teams). I am, however, very tired of "KKK/Nazis" being thrown around all the time at anything said remotely in favor of white people. I'm also skeptical of claims that such things are inherently immoral, KKK/Nazis notwithstanding.

It's an interesting conversation one could have, but so often this is the reaction one gets: as soon as that position is treated as anything other than unassailable truth, people just disengage.
That is just another way of saying they don't want brown skinned people on the team. That's racist, and that is the domain of the KKK and Neo Nazis.

I understand, some people think racism is OK, that some KKK and Neo Nazis are, in the words of President Trump, "very fine people". I really can't be bothered having a discussion with anyone who can't understand why this is wrong.

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No, this is the post that started our conversation:

You just changed "White" to "European", so it is very clear what you mean.
Okay. I think "white" and "European" are largely interchangeable, in much the same way "white American" and "European-American" would be largely interchangeable. And?

Nah, it's got nothing to do with conditioning.
Well, the conditioning is to immediately go to those two specifically. It's especially apparent with the KKK, which is utterly irrelevant when you're discussing things happening on the European continent.

You have been arguing that people not wanting brown skinned people on their soccer team is acceptable.
My initial post was that this wasn't the exclusive domain of the KKK or Nazis.

I'm perfectly aware of which groups want the same thing.
Aware of exactly two, it would seem.

Upvote 0