Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What? Where is this post coming from? This seems to be directed at someone else entirely or at least I cannot see how it is related to what I wrote.

Firstly I am not American and I am aware of what you are saying and agree that it is ridiculous to think all Latinos are the same. I do however think it is a very human error especially amongst those who lack a historical education.

Sorry if I misunderstood your message. True, ignorance due to lack of basic education can be the cause. However, please note that when a group is deeply resented or disliked in the USA, ignorance can be cunningly feigned and selective blindness can be employed in order to justify treating the disliked group in disparaging ways. One prominent and very popular treatment is the systematic denial of the Latino's individual right to identify with whatever he might perceive to be his or her rightful heritage and required to identify with a faceless, nondescript blob instead.

Please note that neither the AAs nor the USA Anglos are willing to be imposed upon in that tyrannical way because they consider self identification with whatever group they choose as both their basic human and USA citizen right.

Why should these folks deny their German heritage, ID with Mexican Mestizo immigrants to the USA simply because they live in Brazil and speak Portuguese and are technically Latinos simply because some USA AAs and USA Anglos demand it?

German Brazilian:
http://www.thefullwiki.org/German_Brazilian

Last edited:
Upvote 0