Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face. It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan:

Plan for Climate Change and Environmental Justice | Joe Biden
Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face. It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan: (1) the United States urgently needs to embrace greater ambition on an epic scale to meet the scope of this challenge, and (2) our environment and our economy are completely and totally connected.

Those two make up the crucial framework.

Unless you are a climate change denier you would agree with #1.

#2 Our economy is harder to see the connection in a short statement like this but if you read the plan you will see how they are connected. Did those coal jobs come back? No, they didn't and they won't so instead of making promises that can't be kept move to jobs that are necessary to protect the environment, green jobs.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That’s Biden’s way of trying not to alienate progressives while also not embracing the details of the GND. He’s saying it’s a good “framework” and trying to make his plan look as similar as possible. But as someone who is 100% in support of the GND I can tell you that we aren’t satisfied with Joe’s plan, it doesn’t go as far.

Sounds like a good reason to vote against him.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She is talking about peaceful protests. A short clip taken out of context is disingenuous.

You'd never get a job with ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, etc. if said things like that during a job interview.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Or Fox either.

Yeah, I've noticed that they're starting to go in that direction as well. I'm sure there are plenty on the Left who will welcome them with open arms soon, and will forget all about what they used to say against FOX.

• Agree
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Yeah, I've noticed that they're starting to go in that direction as well. I'm sure there are" plenty on the Left who will welcome them with open arms soon, and will forget all about what they used to say against FOX.
Given the polls, FOXNEWS will be forced to adopt a new business model once their "raison etre" no longer occupies the White House!

This may be literally the "Last Hurrah" for the Republican Party as it currently exists, with "white" Americans reduced to minority status by 2050 - "The Party of Trump" will be forced to distance itself from its current thinly-veiled "racist" orientation and either reinvent itself or be relegated to the political "scrapheap!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You’ll have to explain why I’d pick the plan that I think will cause great harm over the plan that is simply not as good as I’d like.

You yourself used the words, "aren't satisfied" when describing your feelings about it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Given the polls, FOXNEWS will be forced to adopt a new business model once their "raison etre" no longer occupies the White House!

This may be literally the "Last Hurrah" for the Republican Party as it currently exists, with "white" Americans reduced to minority status by 2050 - "The Party of Trump" will be forced to distance itself from its current thinly-veiled "racist" orientation and either reinvent itself or be relegated to the political "scrapheap!"

Those on the Left used to say pretty much the same thing about Rush Limbaugh when Bill Clinton's term in office ended.
I hope you understand that FOX has been around far longer than Trump has been in office. To be exact, Fox News channel started back in 1996.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You yourself used the words, "aren't satisfied" when describing your feelings about it.
Oh, stop. There’s no confusion here. Biden’s plan is the better of the two, but it’s not as good as I’d like. I’m not satisfied with it, but it will have to do.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh, stop. There’s no confusion here. Biden’s plan is the better of the two, but it’s not as good as I’d like. I’m not satisfied with it, but it will have to do.

But why not use your opportunity to do a "protest vote"? I know you like protests. This would be your chance to stick it to Biden for not being progressive enough. Just vote for Trump to show ol' Joe that you ain't gonna put up with his waffling and compromising with us old-style Americans who just want to make people eat dog food and polluted water. Maybe Joe will learn his lesson and become a more extremist pol-o-tich-eon!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But why not use your opportunity to do a "protest vote"? I know you like protests. This would be your chance to stick it to Biden for not being progressive enough. Just vote for Trump to show ol' Joe that you ain't gonna put up with his waffling and compromising with us old-style Americans who just want to make people eat dog food and polluted water. Maybe Joe will learn his lesson and become a more extremist pol-o-tich-eon!
lol is this how you’re getting the vote out? How many ppl have you converted?

• Haha
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Those on the Left used to say pretty much the same thing about Rush Limbaugh when Bill Clinton's term in office ended.
I hope you understand that FOX has been around far longer than Trump has been in office. To be exact, Fox News channel started back in 1996.
FOXNEWS has become synonymous with a 73 year old man who's remained a distant 2nd in the polls for months, overweight, doesn't exercise and has contacted COVID-19 - representing a political party whose core constituency is a shrinking % of the electorate!

This is a President is a self-appointed "stable genius" that finds it unnecessary to have a command of the facts because his mere presence at the debates is in itself enough to guarantee his success!
Trump and his supporters were counting on the RNC Convention and the Presidential Debates to resurrect his polling numbers - neither produced the desired results and with only a month to go leaving him and his inner circle hospitalized with COVID-19, the reins of political power are slowly slipping out of his hands!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
FOXNEWS has become synonymous with a 73 year old man who's remained a distant 2nd in the polls for months, overweight, doesn't exercise and has contacted COVID-19 - representing a political party whose core constituency is a shrinking % of the electorate!

This is a President is a self-appointed "stable genius" that finds it unnecessary to have a command of the facts because his mere presence at the debates is in itself enough to guarantee his success!
Trump and his supporters were counting on the RNC Convention and the Presidential Debates to resurrect his polling numbers - neither produced the desired results and with only a month to go leaving him and his inner circle hospitalized with COVID-19, the reins of political power are slowly slipping out of his hands!

That depends on who you listen to and which polls you believe, or if you want to believe them at all. Listening to polls and the Press didn't help Hillary Clinton.
Keep in mind that Trump voters and Republicans in general don't often respond to polls or say they're voting for Trump. They're aware of the ridicule it generates. Also, pollsters often over-sample democrats, which also skews the poll results.

Upvote 0