Visit site
✟187,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Isn't that Charlie Baker who has said he isn't voting for Trump?

I don't know, but it was probably before Biden/Harris became the Democrats nominee.

But then, Trump called Baker a RINO, so it may still hold true

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Biden believes the Green New Deal is a crucial framework for meeting the climate challenges we face. It powerfully captures two basic truths, which are at the core of his plan:

Plan for Climate Change and Environmental Justice | Joe Biden
That’s Biden’s way of trying not to alienate progressives while also not embracing the details of the GND. He’s saying it’s a good “framework” and trying to make his plan look as similar as possible. But as someone who is 100% in support of the GND I can tell you that we aren’t satisfied with Joe’s plan, it doesn’t go as far.

You can do a side by side comparison of Biden’s plan and the GND and see that his plan does not include many of the GND proposals. And this is largely because the DNC voted not to adopt the GND. It’s far too progressive for the DNC.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That’s Biden’s way of trying not to alienate progressives while also not embracing the details of the GND.
I agree.

He’s saying it’s a good “framework” and trying to make his plan look as similar as possible. But as someone who is 100% in support of the GND I can tell you that we aren’t satisfied with Joe’s plan, it doesn’t go as far.
That's what I'd expect, but the idea--widely circulated since the debate--that his remarks will alienate the way-out "progressives" in his Party strikes me as silly.

They know full well that Biden has to pretend in order to win. And they also know that he'll follow orders IF he wins.

So for them to be upset at his "weasel words" during the debate seems far-fetched.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree.

That's what I'd expect, but the idea--widely circulated since the debate--that his remarks will alienate the way-out "progressives" in his Party strikes me as silly.

They know full well that Biden has to pretend in order to win. And they also know that he'll follow orders IF he wins.

So for them to be upset at his "weasel words" during the debate seems far-fetched.
I’m not sure what you mean. I do agree he doesn’t really need to be worried at this point in alienating progressives.

But are you saying once elected he will cave to them? While I hope he does, that will depend on how Congress changes. The current Dem leadership doesn’t support the GND. If more progressives like AOC are elected, perhaps we can move the party to the left.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure what you mean. I do agree he doesn’t really need to be worried at this point in alienating progressives.
That's basically it. They know that he has to strike a moderate pose during a Presidential debate, and also that it doesn't mean anything at all as concerns their chances of getting the GND if he wins.

But are you saying once elected he will cave to them?
He caved when choosing a running mate, so what you are suggesting is probably right. We could be fooled, but I don't think the chances are very good of that happening.

While I hope he does, that will depend on how Congress changes.
Yes, that's probably right..

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's basically it. They know that he has to strike a moderate pose during a Presidential debate, and also that it doesn't mean anything at all as concerns their chances of getting the GND if he wins.

He caved when choosing a running mate, so what you are suggesting is probably right. We could be fooled, but I don't think the chances are very good of that happening.

Yes, that's probably right..
Got it.

Re Kamala Harris: He didn’t cave to progressives by choosing her. She’s a freaking cop and doesn’t have an impressive record at all. Caving would have been Bernie.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Got it.

Re Kamala Harris: He didn’t cave to progressives by choosing her. She’s a freaking cop and doesn’t have an impressive record at all. Caving would have been Bernie.
I realize that that's a sore point with the true believers, but it's in her past now and she is the most radical member of the US Senate, according to her voting record. While she can be engaging, and he did promise a woman of color, he could pretty much have nailed down victory by nominating a VP who wouldn't alarm the voters who are worried about what a Biden presidency might bring.

Despite all of that, he went with a first term Senator who has a temper and didn't do at all well when facing the nation's voters during the primary season. It looks very much like he did what he was told to do.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That’s Biden’s way of trying not to alienate progressives while also not embracing the details of the GND. He’s saying it’s a good “framework” and trying to make his plan look as similar as possible. But as someone who is 100% in support of the GND I can tell you that we aren’t satisfied with Joe’s plan, it doesn’t go as far.

Good. But it would still bankrupt the country. That's going too far.

You can do a side by side comparison of Biden’s plan and the GND and see that his plan does not include many of the GND proposals. And this is largely because the DNC voted not to adopt the GND. It’s far too progressive for the DNC.

Give it another 4 years, and then it will be considered mainstream. That's what naturally happens when the Left goes further and further to the Left. What's considered extreme now will soon be mainstream, just as what they consider mainstream now was considered extremist not even 10 years ago. Rioting and looting in the streets, and multi-trillion dollar per month handouts by the government being current examples.

• Agree
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Got it.

I disagree!

Bernie isn't a Democrat and Biden would never have chosen him.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Got it.

A "cop" who doesn't think what's going on in the streets should stop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I realize that that's a sore point with the true believers, but it's in her past now and she is the most radical member of the US Senate, according to her voting record. While she can be engaging, and he did promise a woman of color, he could pretty much have nailed down victory by nominating a VP who wouldn't alarm the voters who are worried about what a Biden presidency might bring.

Despite all of that, he went with a first term Senator who has a temper and didn't do at all well when facing the nation's voters during the primary season. It looks very much like he did what he was told to do.
I won’t argue her voting record because I haven’t researched that claim. I know it’s been disputed.

As for being told what to do, I’ve never thought the Presidential nominee actually chooses the V.P., I assume it’s always a party decision. I have no idea what the true power structure at the top of the Dem party is but Biden has been around so long and was V.P. so my guess is he is one of the decision makers, not a puppet.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I disagree!

Bernie isn't a Democrat and Biden would never have chosen him.
He ran as a Democrat, so he’s a democrat. What is it you disagree with? I didn’t imply that Biden would have chosen him. Just said that would be what “caving” to progressives looks like.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Awesome! We call that progress:)

And that's why you're losing support from people who call themselves democrats. That's the part I call progress.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I won’t argue her voting record because I haven’t researched that claim. I know it’s been disputed.
What's been disputed is the characterization of her recorded, with some saying radical but others moderate and still others using some other term. The voting record itself is hard to dispute, however.

As for being told what to do, I’ve never thought the Presidential nominee actually chooses the V.P., I assume it’s always a party decision.
It always was so...until a few presidents ago. Now both parties defer to the Presidential nominee and the convention delegates simply rubber-stamp it.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, but it was probably before Biden/Harris became the Democrats nominee.

But then, Trump called Baker a RINO, so it may still hold true
I'm probably wrong about that. I remember seeing his name listed with Larry Hogan's and I know Hogan didn't vote for Trump in 2016.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Bernie has said that Biden's plan is different than his plan. Joe's plan is on his website.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It always was so...until a few presidents ago. Now both parties defer to the Presidential nominee and the convention delegates simply rubber-stamp it.
John McCain wanted Joe Liberman as his running mate. The party chose Palin. Cheney vetted her in Alaska early on in April. It was in the local Alaska newspaper when he came to town.

Upvote 0