Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you vote for Trump, he'll upset people, as he's done, but he knows how to be a boss and is not afraid of making people upset.

Unless they’re the owner and can’t be fired, no “boss” who acts like a bully is successful. An effective leader treats people with respect and listens. No major company would promote, let alone give reigns to, someone who acts like Trump did last night.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unless they’re the owner and can’t be fired, no “boss” who acts like a bully is successful. An effective leader treats people with respect and listens. No major company would promote, let alone give reigns to, someone who acts like Trump did last night.

Ummm
Clinton behaved exactly the same way as Trump and got elected.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ummm
Clinton behaved exactly the same way as Trump and got elected.
Bill Clinton? The master schmoozer who regularly teared up when listening to people’s stories? Sure... post an example. It would probably have to be a full debate.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,778.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So I watched the entire debate. One hour last night and the rest I had recorded.

What I saw.

Trump interrupted a lot, no two ways about it.

Biden looked like a frail old man who only has political talking points and no substance.

Trump, showed confidence and knowledge on how to get things done, which he has.

I'd rather someone else running, but if you vote for Biden, you're not voting for him, but those around him, as he'll do what he has to do be liked by them

If you vote for Trump, he'll upset people, as he's done, but he knows how to be a boss and is not afraid of making people upset. As long as he gets the job done is all that matters to him.
I thought Biden started out slow but by the middle of the debate caught fire and showed how much better he is at understanding how to get things done than Trump. Trump mostly spouted off garbage which had been debunked and had no knowledge of how to explain how he was going to accomplish anything.

It was a lot of "it's gonna be incredible and everyone knows it", " only I can do this" , "I'm great" yada, yada, yada...

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi jim,

He's not a politician. Biden is and has been for 47 years. Biden knows how to play the game.

So, in your understanding of things, someone must be a politician to be able to speak and act civilly? ok.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever thought of voting for Brian Carroll of the American Solidarity Party, Jim?
Home - American Solidarity Party

My bishop said while Catholics could vote for either Trump or Biden with a clear conscience as long as they were not doing so specifically for their positions on intrinsic evils--and that BOTH major parties supported intrinsic evils. (I sincerely believe that one party is running a candidate who embodies intrinsic evil.) He then mentioned the American Solidarity Party.

My state is so red I might as well write in Donald Duck. If I lived in a swing state of course it would be much harder, because I sincerely believe Trump in his present position is the most dangerous human being on the planet. For me, voting for Brian Carroll would neither help nor hurt Trump, who is about 20% ahead here.

I don't think you live in a swing state, either, and a vote for Trump wouldn't change the outcome.

The last two elections I voted by writing in the name of the candidate, knowing full well, they had no chance of winning and in my state, being counted as "other."

Here in MA, there is no way Trump will win. It's ironic we have a Republican Governor, and this is only because the last Democrat, Deval Patrick, was a disaster.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi jim,

So, in your understanding of things, someone must be a politician to be able to speak and act civilly? ok.

God bless,
Ted

Not what I said, but you jumped to your own conclusions.

Fact is, Trump has been a CEO of a large corporation all of his life. He gives orders and people perform or they're fired.

It doesn't work that way in government, as people can not perform well and not be held accountable, especially members of congress.

One thing I learned from Dennis Prager who stayed at Trump hotels when he traveled was, he spoke with people who worked there. He shared how he spoke to a black man working at the hotel and asked how is it a black man would work for a person like Trump who is believed to be a racist ? The man answered, he's actually been the best boss he's ever had and he really cares about people. When ever he comes to the hotel, he asks me how my family is and others as well. He always helps those who need help. This is something we never hear from the media.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One thing that might be worth watching...

In each of the previous two presidential campaigns (2016 and 2012), a well-regarded moderator with established credentials managed to end his or her career as a serious journalist by injecting himself into the debate in dramatic fashion instead of moderating.

Let's see if that is the case with Chris Matthews, too.

Chris Wallace.
And yeah, he had agreed to not do "fact checking" during the debate, but ended up doing it against Trump anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

He sent aid to the Democratic Cities which requested help during the Pandemic. I'll remind you how hospital ships were sent off the coast of NYC and LA by Trump

He worked with private companies like Ford and GM, to get ventilators made. In fact, they ramped up so quickly, that the US had so many ventilators and PE's, they Trump sent them to foreign nations that were having huge outbreaks, like Brazil.

He worked to get pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer and Johnson and Johnson, to speed up development of research for a vaccine, which they have done and THEY are saying they'll be ready by the end of the year.

He got us out of the disasters Paris Accord, which would've cost the US taxpayers billions by paying poor countries not to use fossil fuels as they develop.

He got the US out of the trade deal with China and NAFTA, which Biden had supported back during the Clinton years which sent US manufacturing out of the county. We're finally making things again because of Trump.

Despite his faults, he's doing a hell of a lot more than Biden did in his 47 years.

That all being said, what I oppose Trump on is, healthcare. Getting rid of Obama care, which I have experience with, will be a disaster.

Nominating a person for the Supreme Court this close to the election, after Mitch McConnell refused Obama's nominee during the election year, is hyposcrisy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Chris Wallace.
And yeah, he had agreed to not do "fact checking" during the debate, but ended up doing it against Trump anyway.
Chris Wallace, from what I read this morning, has gotten a "pass" from most commentators on all the tricks he tried to pull last night, so maybe he won't wind up on NBC, MSNBC or CNBC like others before him.

I guess that we'll just have to wait and see; the corporations involved usually move slower and out of the view of the public until the hammer drops.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Chris Wallace, from what I read this morning, has gotten a "pass" from most commentators on all the tricks he tried to pull last night, so maybe he won't wind up on NBC, MSNBC or CNBC like others before him.

I guess that we'll just have to wait and see; the corporations involved usually move slower and out of the view of the public until the hammer drops.

Or future moderators will take this as their cue to follow the Chris Wallace/Candy Crowley model for moderating presidential debates.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Or future moderators will take this as their cue to follow the Chris Wallace/Candy Crowley model for moderating presidential debates.
It ought to be a wake-up call for the board that arranges these debates, but I doubt that it will be.

Those people reportedly are looking into altering the format, but not doing anything about "moderator misconduct," at least not according to what I have read.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do we all agree that list night was disgraceful?
Or are some of you proud of it?

I agree, it was overall a disgraceful debate.

The next time they should silence the mic after the person is done giving their two minutes, until the other person is done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, it was overall a disgraceful debate.

The next time they should silence the mic after the person is done giving their two minutes, until the other person is done.
I don't think that would work unless they were in soundproof booths, otherwise they would simply yell louder or flail around on the stage looking for a live mic to yell into. :sigh:
tulc(favors airhorns and perhaps some type of shock collar) :zap::zap::sorry:

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The last two elections I voted by writing in the name of the candidate, knowing full well, they had no chance of winning and in my state, being counted as "other."

Here in MA, there is no way Trump will win. It's ironic we have a Republican Governor, and this is only because the last Democrat, Deval Patrick, was a disaster.
Isn't that Charlie Baker who has said he isn't voting for Trump?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hi fender,
..Little Donnie Trump did not honor his commitment to that rule...pretty much one single time.

I'll be waiting for your evidence.

God bless,
Ted
Re-read my post. :)

Upvote 0