Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah he does, hes supposed to not appeal to them, but he does appeal to them.
That's absurd. Faulting a candidate for "appealing" to a certain group?

You really are desperate to find something to use against him, aren't you?
Ringo

Upvote 0
U

USMC4Life

... he's a black man running for president and they're black racists... how could he not appeal to them? Maybe if he was Alan Keyes?

They hate Alan Keyes because hes a Christian. Alan Keyes is more black then Barack Obama.

Oh yeah, thats not very politically correct, its "African American."

Ringo as Nathan said, if Barack Obama dropped out do you think they support Hillary Clinton or even Alan Keyes even though he is black?

Upvote 0
N

Nathan45

They hate Alan Keyes because hes a Christian.

so's obama...

Alan Keyes is more black then Barack Obama.

LOL

so that's what they're calling it these days...

Ringo as Nathan said, if Barack Obama dropped out do you think they support Hillary Clinton or even Alan Keyes even though he is black?

I don't think they'd actually support either. Is this some kind of shocker, really?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They hate Alan Keyes because hes a Christian. Alan Keyes is more black then Barack Obama.

Who cares? I haven't even heard of the NIO or whatever it is until you brought it up. It seems like a non-issue to me.
Ringo

Upvote 0
U

USMC4Life

Who cares? I haven't even heard of the NIO or whatever it is until you brought it up. It seems like a non-issue to me.
Ringo

So your saying you never heard of Malcom X? Oh wait never mind, during black history month they talk about Malcom X has a great man, so you wouldn't know what a raging racist Nazi he was.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So your saying you never heard of Malcom X? Oh wait never mind, during black history month they talk about Malcom X has a great man, so you wouldn't know what a raging racist Nazi he was.
What does that have to do with Obama?
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
. What has Barack Obama ever did for this country,
Well, he is a currenty sitting senator and is running for president to name a few
has he been shoot, I have, has he ever got shrapnel in the face from a IED, because I have. He has done nothing worth getting him called a patriot.
So the only people who are worthy to be called patriots are people who have been shot in combat?

Pretty thin logic on that one.

The current commander in chief would not be a patriot I guess.

Is McCain the only patriotic candidate by your logic?

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
military people who identify themselves as such have drunk the koolaid that the military serves to its recruits to indoctrinate them into a world view. it is a necessary mental abuse of the isolated victims of such brain washing. there is no advantage to teaching your troops what may be valid about the enemies position, or honorable about their concerns. it serves fighting goals only to demonize an enemy and glorify the homeland. anything else is counterproductive. the same attitude does not apply to politics. our weaknesses must be acknowledged and addressed. it takes a patriot to do that. some people never recover from their military training to re-enter a world that is far more gray than it is black and white. they live their whole lives not understanding why superior power doesn't equate to domination.
the irony is that Jesus taught how the two do not equate to each other at all.
the sliming will continue unabated. the same people will bring the slime. it will go on until the general election is over. the muckrakers will have no shame with what they do, and will have no limits to how they will do it. the losers will be them, and the integrity they will sacrifice at the altar of an imagined threat to "real americans".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Anyone in NOI cannot be considered a great person, they are worst then the KKK they want to kill white people and non-Muslims.
Can you prove that?
Ringo

Upvote 0

POSW

Feb 20, 2008
✟7,651.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
military people who identify themselves as such have drunk the koolaid that the military serves to its recruits to indoctrinate them into a world view. it is a necessary mental abuse of the isolated victims of such brain washing. there is no advantage to teaching your troops what may be valid about the enemies position, or honorable about their concerns. it serves fighting goals only to demonize an enemy and glorify the homeland. anything else is counterproductive. the same attitude does not apply to politics. our weaknesses must be acknowledged and addressed. it takes a patriot to do that. some people never recover from their military training to re-enter a world that is far more gray than it is black and white. they live their whole lives not understanding why superior power doesn't equate to domination.
the irony is that Jesus taught how the two do not equate to each other at all.
the sliming will continue unabated. the same people will bring the slime. it will go on until the general election is over. the muckrakers will have no shame with what they do, and will have no limits to how they will do it. the losers will be them, and the integrity they will sacrifice at the altar of an imagined threat to "real americans".
You misused the word "muckrakers" here. Muckrakers, in the tradition of people like Lincoln Steffens (I had to do a project on him), are journalists who dig up very real dirt about important
people. The word you were looking for there is "mudslingers." Besides that, great post.:)

This being my first post here, I'm going to take the opportunity to say hi to everyone.:wave: Really, I was made aware of CF through FSTDT, which I frequent. Even being a Conservative Jew by denomination and a pantheist as far as personal beliefs go, the forum seemed like an interesting one. Besides, if there's one thing I can't resist, it's a good debate.

:eek:Look at the time! I have homework to do...

Upvote 0

MacCoyle

Non-Partisan
Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
✟8,737.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You misused the word "muckrakers" here. Muckrakers, in the tradition of people like Lincoln Steffens (I had to do a project on him), are journalists who dig up very real dirt about important
people. The word you were looking for there is "mudslingers." Besides that, great post.:)

This being my first post here, I'm going to take the opportunity to say hi to everyone.:wave: Really, I was made aware of CF through FSTDT, which I frequent. Even being a Conservative Jew by denomination and a pantheist as far as personal beliefs go, the forum seemed like an interesting one. Besides, if there's one thing I can't resist, it's a good debate.

:eek:Look at the time! I have homework to do...

Welcome. I also found CF through FSTDT. All faiths and ideaologies are accepted here.

Upvote 0