Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
The Netherlands
✟17,605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a dream I had sometime last week. I must confess that I had written it down on a scrap of paper which I had used at school, but that scrap of paper seems to have been misplaced. I hope the Lord may help me remember what I dreamt:

The dream started as my mom and I were on our way to a church. Last year my mom and I had taken a tour through our city to find a Spirit-filled church, yet we found few. Only approximatly a year later we found the church we now visit every Sunday. This dream resembled the time when my mom and I would visit the different churches in our city. This church we visited was very close to home.
When we walked inside, we took our seats and waited for the service to start. The room was increadibly dark, as the curtains had been drawn infront of the windows. The only natural lighting was that which escaped through the entrance doors (it was late morning). The other light was from dim ceiling lights. The pews were full. It seemed to be a modern church, not too big and not too small.
When the service started, a blonde lady stepped foward and spoke through a microphone. She shared some news about the church (church trips, social dealings etc). After she was done speaking, she invited an older man to speak. This man started to share some thoughts on the Lord. He started to say some strange things, that you have to be learned and studied to be used by God. Another man in the row infront of us seemed to disagree with this man. He didn't agree with this man's 'academic' take on the spiritual life in the Body of Christ. After some back and forth arguments, the man who said these things started to change what he said into 'you have to know God before you can be used'. I wanted to join in (I was rather concerned about this doctrine), but the lady who spoke first cut in looking at her watch. Obviously she was worried about the time. This startled me as well, as this had been the only spiritual talk on Jesus so far into the service (atleast 45 minutes had passed).
She then took the microphone from the man and invited a group of young women to the front of the church. I didn't catch who they were, but I understood that they had organized something for the church. It struck me that all these women were wearing mini skirts, with leather boots or stellito heel pumps, and deep cut tee's. The lady talked some more, explained some more details on the different groups who had organized this or that and was thanking them for doing so. We sang a song or two, when the lady dismissed the church. Everyone walked out of the entrance door towards some rooms in the corridor. The only people who were left were the visitors, like my mom and I. A good guy friend of mine was there who had introduced me to his church community (I had joined his church for some time last year, but left after a while). This friend of mine was faithful to Jesus all his life, but had strayed from christianity late last year. It suprized me he was there, but he told me that his parents had forced him to go and he had the same look on his face as I was feeling, that this church hadn't shared anything truely Biblical (and the only discussion on the Lord was cut short). The lady with the blonde hair came to us and welcomed us to the church. She directed us to sit around this table area, and then she placed a collection box on the table. We were forced to put money in there, and after we had done so she told us that we could pick out our 'sleeping gear' from some of the other church members, as the church had organized a sleep-over. We were now part of the church since we had given our money.
This is where the dream ended.

I believe this dream was a message about the backslidden church in general. It is about the different things that are creeping into the church body today (see Revelation 3, the church of Laodicea).
These things are not happening far off, but close to home. These churches are shutting out the Light of Jesus, and are replacing it with darkness. There are only a few lamps that still give off Light here and there, and there is the door which allows the most Light to come in (''knock on the door, and it shall open...''). But the darkness was still dominant in the church.
The things shared in the church have nothing to do with the Word of God or the Holy Spirit, but more about social events, finances etc. They are replacing that which the Body of Christ is meant to fellowship for: building eachother up in Christ. The doctrines that are being shared in church are hardly Biblical, but man's own concontions. They are false doctrines. When true believers speak up against these doctrines, they are cut short and are shunned for doing so. There is no room for the True, untainted, unmuddied Word of God (the lady looking at her watch). Also the appearences of the church members with their clothes and the way they were praising eachother for their accomplishments, shows that the eyesight is on flesh and man, instead of the Lord.
I believe the friend in my dream symbolized those who are leaving the church, as they are not being guided to that which the church should be. They are leaving in great numbers because many churches are in such a lukewarm state. When they do go to church, they only go because they are forced to by somebody (in this case it were the parents, so this perhaps specifically symbolizes the youth who are leaving the church). In a way, it is the church who is making these people want to leave.
The collection was obviously not for the poor or the needy, or for church funding in general (for spiritual things), but because the church wanted money. You aren't accepted in church without money, because the churches of these days are too focused on material things. And what they do with this money is not perposed for the Lord, but perposed to organize trips and social parties that have nothing to do with praising Him.
I believe the sleeping gear is an obvious conclusion to the dream: this kind of church is an invite to fall asleep in Christ. It means 'missing Him'. It is like being unprepared as in the parable of the Ten Virgins who did not take extra oil for their oil lamps. These churches invite you to become lukewarm in your faith.

This dream is a warning to keep your eyes focused on Christ. It is also a message that the Body of Christ is not built upon buildings of stone, but foundations that are built upon Him. The true church has it's eyes focused on Him and comes together for the soul perpose of praising Him, learning about Him, and teaching others about Him. Watch and guard yourself against churches which invite you to fall asleep. Do not be yoked together with darkness.

I hope this speaks to someone.

God bless...

pilgrimage

going home
Mar 22, 2006
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is a dream I had sometime last week. I must confess that I had written it down on a scrap of paper which I had used at school, but that scrap of paper seems to have been misplaced. I hope the Lord may help me remember what I dreamt:

The dream started as my mom and I were on our way to a church. Last year my mom and I had taken a tour through our city to find a Spirit-filled church, yet we found few. Only approximatly a year later we found the church we now visit every Sunday. This dream resembled the time when my mom and I would visit the different churches in our city. This church we visited was very close to home.
When we walked inside, we took our seats and waited for the service to start. The room was increadibly dark, as the curtains had been drawn infront of the windows. The only natural lighting was that which escaped through the entrance doors (it was late morning). The other light was from dim ceiling lights. The pews were full. It seemed to be a modern church, not too big and not too small.
When the service started, a blonde lady stepped foward and spoke through a microphone. She shared some news about the church (church trips, social dealings etc). After she was done speaking, she invited an older man to speak. This man started to share some thoughts on the Lord. He started to say some strange things, that you have to be learned and studied to be used by God. Another man in the row infront of us seemed to disagree with this man. He didn't agree with this man's 'academic' take on the spiritual life in the Body of Christ. After some back and forth arguments, the man who said these things started to change what he said into 'you have to know God before you can be used'. I wanted to join in (I was rather concerned about this doctrine), but the lady who spoke first cut in looking at her watch. Obviously she was worried about the time. This startled me as well, as this had been the only spiritual talk on Jesus so far into the service (atleast 45 minutes had passed).
She then took the microphone from the man and invited a group of young women to the front of the church. I didn't catch who they were, but I understood that they had organized something for the church. It struck me that all these women were wearing mini skirts, with leather boots or stellito heel pumps, and deep cut tee's. The lady talked some more, explained some more details on the different groups who had organized this or that and was thanking them for doing so. We sang a song or two, when the lady dismissed the church. Everyone walked out of the entrance door towards some rooms in the corridor. The only people who were left were the visitors, like my mom and I. A good guy friend of mine was there who had introduced me to his church community (I had joined his church for some time last year, but left after a while). This friend of mine was faithful to Jesus all his life, but had strayed from christianity late last year. It suprized me he was there, but he told me that his parents had forced him to go and he had the same look on his face as I was feeling, that this church hadn't shared anything truely Biblical (and the only discussion on the Lord was cut short). The lady with the blonde hair came to us and welcomed us to the church. She directed us to sit around this table area, and then she placed a collection box on the table. We were forced to put money in there, and after we had done so she told us that we could pick out our 'sleeping gear' from some of the other church members, as the church had organized a sleep-over. We were now part of the church since we had given our money.
This is where the dream ended.

I believe this dream was a message about the backslidden church in general. It is about the different things that are creeping into the church body today (see Revelation 3, the church of Laodicea).
These things are not happening far off, but close to home. These churches are shutting out the Light of Jesus, and are replacing it with darkness. There are only a few lamps that still give off Light here and there, and there is the door which allows the most Light to come in (''knock on the door, and it shall open...''). But the darkness was still dominant in the church.
The things shared in the church have nothing to do with the Word of God or the Holy Spirit, but more about social events, finances etc. They are replacing that which the Body of Christ is meant to fellowship for: building eachother up in Christ. The doctrines that are being shared in church are hardly Biblical, but man's own concontions. They are false doctrines. When true believers speak up against these doctrines, they are cut short and are shunned for doing so. There is no room for the True, untainted, unmuddied Word of God (the lady looking at her watch). Also the appearences of the church members with their clothes and the way they were praising eachother for their accomplishments, shows that the eyesight is on flesh and man, instead of the Lord.
I believe the friend in my dream symbolized those who are leaving the church, as they are not being guided to that which the church should be. They are leaving in great numbers because many churches are in such a lukewarm state. When they do go to church, they only go because they are forced to by somebody (in this case it were the parents, so this perhaps specifically symbolizes the youth who are leaving the church). In a way, it is the church who is making these people want to leave.
The collection was obviously not for the poor or the needy, or for church funding in general (for spiritual things), but because the church wanted money. You aren't accepted in church without money, because the churches of these days are too focused on material things. And what they do with this money is not perposed for the Lord, but perposed to organize trips and social parties that have nothing to do with praising Him.
I believe the sleeping gear is an obvious conclusion to the dream: this kind of church is an invite to fall asleep in Christ. It means 'missing Him'. It is like being unprepared as in the parable of the Ten Virgins who did not take extra oil for their oil lamps. These churches invite you to become lukewarm in your faith.

This dream is a warning to keep your eyes focused on Christ. It is also a message that the Body of Christ is not built upon buildings of stone, but foundations that are built upon Him. The true church has it's eyes focused on Him and comes together for the soul perpose of praising Him, learning about Him, and teaching others about Him. Watch and guard yourself against churches which invite you to fall asleep. Do not be yoked together with darkness.

I hope this speaks to someone.

God bless...
I'm still stuck on what the stellitos could mean.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,365,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Soulwings,

Thank you for sharing that. It was very inspiring! I do think that it is true that a lot of churches are not teaching the word of God. Also, I think that many are, but that it is a watered down version, so people are thinking that they are getting the truth, but they are not. Maybe that fits under one of the other churches in Revelation. My husband and I have been in a church where the the word is clearly taught, but there is no fellowship. It is like a big club. So, maybe that is another category still. Whatever the situation, I do think it is clear that the universal church here in America, in particular, has lost its focus on Jesus Christ as #ONE.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,365,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say that they are symbolic of the church choosing the world's ways instead of being in the world, but not of it.
If that is what you are asking.

I hadn't really thought the question was about the symbolism of the word, but once you went that direction I went back to the dream and saw a parallel between that part of the dream where the woman was calling these women in front of the church to this part of Revelation:

<H5>To the Church in Thyatira
18"To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:
These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 19I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first. 20Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. 24Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan's so-called deep secrets (I will not impose any other burden on you): 25Only hold on to what you have until I come. 26To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—
27'He will rule them with an iron scepter;
he will dash them to pieces like pottery'[b]— just as I have received authority from my Father. 28I will also give him the morning star. 29He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.
</H5>
The outfits on these women reminded me about how streetwalkers, i.e. prostitutes dress, at least in the movies.

Anyway, perhaps we could find elements here of more than one of the 7 churches in Revelation.

Upvote 0

knownbeforetime

Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power
Dec 27, 2004
Pittsburg, KS
Visit site
✟21,967.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I had a dream where my home church had turned Laodicean (or maybe Thyatiran???)... It shocked me because they sent me to Oregon while they were still spirit-filled and I came back and they were showing off. I'll have to find it on the forum... The thing about my dream was that the door was open but I was too scared to escape!

Upvote 0

*Soulwings*

Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
The Netherlands
✟17,605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOL! I was about to come on here to post that the blonde lady most probably represents Jezebel, but I see that you all concluded that already.

In my dream, this lady seemed to be one of the most prominent figures in the church (if not the most). She seemed to be an example to the other young women with her dress style. She silenced the one person who was trying to teach the True Gospel of Christ after that other person was sharing false doctrines. She was also the one to ask for money, and she was the one to invite the newcomers to fall asleep (adultery?).

This sounds like Jezebel, does it not?

Upvote 0

*Soulwings*

Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
The Netherlands
✟17,605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Thessalonians 5

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,365,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL! I was about to come on here to post that the blonde lady most probably represents Jezebel, but I see that you all concluded that already.

In my dream, this lady seemed to be one of the most prominent figures in the church (if not the most). She seemed to be an example to the other young women with her dress style. She silenced the one person who was trying to teach the True Gospel of Christ after that other person was sharing false doctrines. She was also the one to ask for money, and she was the one to invite the newcomers to fall asleep (adultery?).

This sounds like Jezebel, does it not?

Yes, it does. I think that Jezebel is not necessarily speaking about just one person or even about a female person, but rather a "spirit" that was permeating the church and/or the church leadership in general. She is the spiritual mother of all who pursue libertine doctrines. I see a lot of that in the church today - maybe not as obvious as what was in your dream, but this whole attitude today of "fast food faith" that is really no faith at all - you know where they basically remove not only repentance from the gospel, but now they are removing "faith," as well, to the point to where nothing is required of the "believer," and so people can have their tickets into heaven w/o ever having to turn from their sin. I think that is really what this is all about.

Upvote 0

flc78

Feb 25, 2007
✟7,801.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is a great dream Soulwings. You should go out and spread this message.

Here's a link to a dream I tried interpreting http://www.christianforums.com/t4910173-lightning-vision.html I hope there is some correlation to your dream.

It seems like all those things you mentioned are leaven in the church. I hope to come back to this in more detail.

Upvote 0

*Soulwings*

Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
The Netherlands
✟17,605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel led to bump this back up.

Some people read the message of falling asleep, being lukewarm, or being yoked together with darkness, but they don't see what is written.

That is why I hope and pray more will come to realize that this message is also for now. I pray that those who have spiritually fallen asleep, that they may awaken once more.

The Lord is calling you to stay on fire... to become 'hot' again. The lukewarm will be spit out according to Revelation. It is a difficult Truth, but Truth nonetheless.

Hebrews 2:1
1We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.

1 Corinthians 10:12
12So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Jesus wants to come into your life. He wants you to know Him, for He has so many beautiful things to show you. He is worth giving up your life over. He is worth so much more than the world has to offer. Choose to follow Him, choose to draw close to Him, choose to have a real relationship with Him. He is worth it all. Just let Him in, He is knocking on your door even now.

Upvote 0

*Soulwings*

Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
The Netherlands
✟17,605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says to the Laodocia church
"I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see." Rev 4:18

Amen!

God bless you...

~~~~~~~~~~
This is the message He speaks to all of us...

Look above to the Heavens and see where our help comes from! His name is the Lord Most High!

JESUS CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD!

Open your eyes, lift your hands, and welcome His presence into your life! Let Him put His fingers in your ears, so that you can hear again! Let Him speak Words of Life into your heart, so that you will be quickened again! Then SPEAK what He has you to SPEAK. You cannot SPEAK before HEARING the Lord!

Expect the Power from the Holy Spirit to give you listening ears, and with those listening ears be equipped to speak the LORD'S Words and to do HIS WILL.

In Jesus' Name,

amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums