Oct 19, 2012
✟31,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I feel like maybe God is telling me something, but I feel anxiety about what it is I'm perceiving. Biblically speaking, anxiety and fear don't come from God. But could the leading be from God, but my response to it (anxiety) be my weakness? I'm just trying to determine what is from God vs my own mind.

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes I feel like maybe God is telling me something, but I feel anxiety about what it is I'm perceiving. Biblically speaking, anxiety and fear don't come from God. But could the leading be from God, but my response to it (anxiety) be my weakness? I'm just trying to determine what is from God vs my own mind.
Well from my personal experience, when i first was blessed with the LORDS Holy Spirit, And I heard the LORDS voice, ik it was the LORD but i was fearful and didn't listen. That fear was due to DOUBT, lack of Trust. For I am a FOOL.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel like maybe God is telling me something,
Check what you think is a message from God against what the bible says.
God will Not tell you to do something that contradicts scripture.
or seek advice from another Christian who's advice you trust.

Upvote 0

tuliplane

Oct 19, 2012
✟31,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Check what you think is a message from God against what the bible says.
God will Not tell you to do something that contradicts scripture.
or seek advice from another Christian who's advice you trust.
Thank you. I am very aware something is not from God if it contradicts the scripture! So, my conundrum is when it is something that would be a good thing to do, it's hard to know if it is God or not.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I am very aware something is not from God if it contradicts the scripture! So, my conundrum is when it is something that would be a good thing to do, it's hard to know if it is God or not.

A basic question.
Why do you think God is giving guidence about norm,al evey day things?

Look at it this way. In the Army, new recuits are not woken up by the commander in chief and told by him what to do. All military personel know what are called standing orders. These are order that say get up when called, wash dress etc etc.
We have standing order, they are the ten commandments.

So if you are hearing a voice or getting an urge to buy something, do something, you need to check out thsat voice, urge etc
Like people in the military where there are ncos and officers we have experienced Christians, local leaders and ministers etc to whom we turn to for advice.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm just trying to determine what is from God vs my own mind.
That is always the key question in our discernment. Talk with others whose opinion you value. Bounce it off them.

Upvote 0