Sandiwich
✟326,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Since both the bible and Jesus Christ have worked in my life more or less constantly, as has the Holy Spirit, I'm a living testimony as to the truth. Also the dark side is just as real, I've seen both sides. I can see clearly now. Things work as the bible suggests, they really do. The part about me being a living testimony is I came to Christ at age 29 and later got into bible study. What had happened to me was as the bible describes. So I didn't get brain washed first then decide to try on Jesus. No I was desperate and knew just enough to turn to Him. As the song goes, " I once was lost but now I'm found" and it's as real as it can get and remain this body.. You bet it is.

Now, to know, believing and yet still doubting sometimes ? That's real too, especially in these times we live in. But when one becomes born again you come to know the truth by the change that has taken place in our lives. One is not born again lest there be a change. There must be a change. We still can get like Thomas and have weak times is all and doubt, then we have to be shown the path again. It happens, it's happened to me but fortunately I'm mature enough now all I have to do is look back from where I came. You could say the ash pile from the old me is still back there where I left it and that can be haunting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟796,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Does anyone feel they not only believe but they (know)? Know that it's all real and true, everything in the Bible and religion in general?
The Bible is true and reliable --in fact, it is much more than that. Yes, there are content errors, such as marginal comments made by readers that got copied by those that copied copies. There are also many errors made in translating or poor translations. On top of that, there are huge misunderstandings by people familiar with only their culture, completely missing the point or meaning of a phrase or passage. There are huge misunderstandings by people taking a passage out of context, or otherwise reading without understanding, using a poor hermeneutic.

But Religion? No. I have little respect for "religion" as such. I love those that Christ loves, but religion, beyond that, is more anti- than pro-Christ, I think. It emphasizes deeds, even good deeds, as better than the truth. There is nobody good. Nope, not even one.

Reactions: Levi
Upvote 0

Levi

Levi
Sep 16, 2018
Saint Louis
✟16,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are these 'things'. Not sure what word to use, these 'events' that have occured during my life. I did not understand them and still don't completely, they were odd and troubling at the time. I'm an amatuer in regards to the Bible but these 'things' have brought me to the Bible, God, Jesus, Spirit. Where I am, at this moment, it seems so obvious and easy to see. In fact, it seems almost impossible to not see it, with sureness, to know without doubt or question and it was these 'things' or 'events' I mention that have been instrumental in guiding me to where I am today.

I find myself feeling guilt, guilt like it's not fair that I received these gifts or experiences while, seemingly, not everyone else gets to?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟326,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There are these 'things'. Not sure what word to use, these 'events' that have occured during my life. I did not understand them and still don't completely, they were odd and troubling at the time. I'm an amatuer in regards to the Bible but these 'things' have brought me to the Bible, God, Jesus, Spirit. Where I am, at this moment, it seems so obvious and easy to see. In fact, it seems almost impossible to not see it, with sureness, to know without doubt or question and it was these 'things' or 'events' I mention that have been instrumental in guiding me to where I am today.

I find myself feeling guilt, guilt like it's not fair that I received these gifts or experiences while, seemingly, not everyone else gets to?
We each have our own walk, we all have a past.

On another note, the enemy is good at mimicking God and he knows scripture better than you and I put together. So test the spirit within experiences. Experiences alone are not always our best guide, it needs to be backed up.

Upvote 0

Levi

Levi
Sep 16, 2018
Saint Louis
✟16,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We each have our own walk, we all have a past.

On another note, the enemy is good at mimicking God and he knows scripture better than you and I put together. So test the spirit within experiences. Experiences alone are not always our best guide, it needs to be backed up.

That is good. I definitely have considered that a lot. I do keep that in mind. The way I see it, even if it is something mimicking God or something bad it still validates that side of the spectrum and in turn validates both sides if that makes sense

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone feel they not only believe but they (know)? Know that it's all real and true, everything in the Bible and religion in general?

Through years of analysis of answered prayer, it has changed my theology and altered my religious views dramatically. Others have commented on my analysis and shown me the biblical support for my conclusions. So my personal revelations have been backed by strangers to me. That's pretty solid even though it is only solid proof for me.

Upvote 0

John 1720

Harvest Worker
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2013
Massachusetts
✟149,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, truly know! And this because He has given His abiding Spirit by which I know Him and love Him.
Galatians 4:6 because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟825,845.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know that it is truth, though that truth may not be what people read.

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

I'd say that I believe - but the belief is so strong that it is as knowledge.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone feel they not only believe but they (know)?
Believing is faith. Knowing is NOT true biblical faith.

Without faith it is impossible to please HIM.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟796,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

To whom much has been given, much will be required.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟796,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Believing is faith. Knowing is NOT true biblical faith.

Without faith it is impossible to please HIM.
I agree, except that seems to me to be a bit misleading, since the word "Know" can apply different ways. The Faith that is the Gift of God makes us know he is true and trustworthy. Yet it is faith doing that. The evidence of what is not seen is still evidence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree, except that seems to me to be a bit misleading, since the word "Know" can apply different ways. The Faith that is the Gift of God makes us know he is true and trustworthy. Yet it is faith doing that. The evidence of what is not seen is still evidence.
I am using "know" as a purely intellectual understanding of facts.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0