• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Knights of Columbus Fundraise to Replace Vandalized Statues at NYC Parish

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+42,982
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    The vandalism is "heartbreaking, but sadly it is becoming more and more common these days," the pastor said in a statement.

[​IMG]
    Remains of the statues vandalized at Our Lady of Mercy parish in New York City, July 17, 2021. (photo: Courtesy Diocese of Brooklyn)

BROOKLYN, N.Y. — The Knights of Columbus raised $21,000 for the replacement of vandalized statues of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Therese of Lisieux at a New York City church as of Friday, July 30.

The statues were smashed July 17 at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church in Queens by a woman who was seen on security cameras. The vandalism is being investigated by the New York City Police Department Hate Crimes Unit and the 112th Precinct.

Continued below.
    Knights of Columbus Fundraise to Replace Vandalized Statues at NYC Parish

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. sandman

sandman Senior Member

+360
    United States
    Christian
    Divorced
    US-Constitution
    I hope they catch that person …..before the statute of limitation expires.

I’ll see myself out……………..

3. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+42,982
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    You can post here. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  4. BrAndreyu

BrAndreyu Well-Known Member

+1,129
    United States
    Ukr. Grk. Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm glad it's being investigated by the Hate Crimes Unit, but I'm honestly surprised that it is. It's about time that anti-Catholic attacks are viewed as being hate crimes.

I hope they catch the woman that did it and I'm willing to bet any amount of money that she's a leftist and affiliated with Antifa or some other fruitcake activist group.