Kissing on the first date - A poll

Your views on kissing on the first date...

• I am male and I typically want first date kisses.

• I am male and I typically *do not* want first date kisses.

• I am male and I am not sure.

• I am female and I typically want first date kisses.

• I am female and I typically *do not* want first date kisses.

• I am female and I am not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

lostaquarium

Quite flawed
Dec 23, 2008
London
✟20,072.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I voted "not sure" because I've only ever been kissed twice... The first was after 2 weeks of seeing the boy continuously (we went to the same school), and I liked him very much, but the kiss was terrible. The second was after 5 dates, and I didn't like him, and the kiss was so-so.

Upvote 0

Markus6

Veteran
Jul 19, 2006
Houston
✟22,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I said no. A kiss on the first date is pretty much based just on looks and "chemistry" and I'd prefer the first kiss to mean a little more than that. Though I agree there might be wiggle room if I'd known the girl a bit longer I'd still probably want to wait till the second at least. It's not that hard.

I know some guys want to try for a kiss so they can gauge how well the date well. I like to think I'm good enough at reading body language etc. to not need a kiss to tell.

Upvote 0

latteda

You're not my nemesis
Jan 8, 2005
Southern US
✟14,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not typically, but there are some exceptions. And those exceptions have nothing to do with the attractiveness of the guy in question, but the level of commitment in the relationship as well as how well I know and trust him. To me, a kiss should mean something very deep and true.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell33

Feb 24, 2007
✟34,871.00
Marital Status
Private
No, not if you don't really know the guy before the date.

One date does not allow you to get to know someone properly, I wouldn't want to be made to feel like I have to kiss a stranger, KWIM?

I remember one guy who I went out with for a day, we didn't even go on a date. I was with my old friend and two guys and one of the guys wanted to go out with me so I said yes. On that same day he kept trying to kiss me (which was REALLY annoying) but I would turn away lol. Next day I said to him, "I don't think we should see each other". He seemed really slimy.:o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I voted "not sure" because I've only ever been kissed twice... The first was after 2 weeks of seeing the boy continuously (we went to the same school), and I liked him very much, but the kiss was terrible. The second was after 5 dates, and I didn't like him, and the kiss was so-so.

Kissing can start off a little awkward for some people, especially if they haven't kissed before or if they haven't done any kissing in a long time. It takes practice.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will say that, until recently, I was all about getting me some kissing and some groping on the first date. Yes, I was a frisky little tart. So I've been on both sides of the issue lol. I've learned that my time, emotion, thoughts, energy, and affection are all precious things, and I'm not going to give them to someone who 1) doesn't deserve them and 2) doesn't value them and 3) doesn't earn them.

Or think of it this way: if you could speak to your future spouse right now, even if you weren't going to meet them yet, and you said "Hi honey! Say, do you mind me kissing all my dates between now and when I meet you?" What would he/she say? Forget the fact that "I don't expect my future spouse to have never kissed anyone". That's missing the point. Do you think they'd rather have your kisses saved up for them and them alone? Yes or no?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Never been on a date, pretty sure I wouldn't want to kiss on a first date. I would probably feel really shy about hugging even.

I could if I had alcohol, but I don't want or think that meaningful kisses be because of lowered inhibition. And for my culture, meaningless kisses shouldn't be.

I wouldn't say definitely no kiss on the first date though, probably would only happen if she initiated.

JM

Upvote 0

Manda_24

Saved by Grace
Jan 2, 2004
Indiana
✟19,896.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am pretty sure I wouldn't want to kiss on the first date, there may be exceptions but for the majority no. My ex waited forever, or at least it seemed that way, but the kisses finally came, I don't really know why he waited so long, I should have just kissed him first or something.

Upvote 0