Kissing on the first date - A poll

Your views on kissing on the first date...

• I am male and I typically want first date kisses.

• I am male and I typically *do not* want first date kisses.

• I am male and I am not sure.

• I am female and I typically want first date kisses.

• I am female and I typically *do not* want first date kisses.

• I am female and I am not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have actually only been kissed twice by girls (and was a bit drunk, I think, both times), I was never the initiator. And I didn't really want to kiss them so I am happy not being the iniator. I have never been in a situation where I wanted to kiss someone who wanted to kiss me back/etc.

JM

Upvote 0

EternalWealth

Jan 1, 2009
✟153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not understand even for a second how this community can be so critical on purity one moment, but then talk about kissing on the fire date the next.

The majority of the world would think you're a lunatic if you talked about kissing on the first date. Especially since their community forums instead ask "Sex on the first date- a poll"

I will never understand christian communities.
At least the worldly people make sense and follow logical reasoning for their lunacy.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of which, offically Melissa what date (not day) did we kiss on??

I want to say it was the 5th.

Uhhh... we went to the Mexican place (1), bowling place (2), Alligator Farm (3), went to some restaurant for lunch (4), and then went on nature trails (5). So I believe it was the 5th date :cool:

But I would have kissed you after the second date if you had not been so keen on keeping your promise to not kiss me the first day you were here :p

Upvote 0

EternalWealth

Jan 1, 2009
✟153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand what your point is. Is kissing on the first date a really loose thing to do? Is that what you mean by "so critical on purity one moment, but then talk about kissing on the first date the next"?

Frankly I take my good, sweet time to kiss anyone, so I'd never kiss someone if we were only in the "going on dates" stage.

Well, I'd never go on dates to get to know someone, so I guess that point is moot.

Point is, I kiss after commitment is made and we have a relationsip. It's just how I roll.

Nooo not at all. The actual topic on hand has nothing to do with this.

Im sorry for even saying that.

Upvote 0

EternalWealth

Jan 1, 2009
✟153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
lol, okay. Are you having an okay day? :hug:

thanks very much for the nice question and the hug

but i am skeptical to receive such generosity and comfort. i dont think it would be illogical to be skeptical that if everyone was involved in the drama earlier, that id receive no hugs :p

Not like I need them or anything. It takes a lot more than a fighting an entire society to get me down ^_^

hahaha, im already cheering up...thanks, this did a lot more than I thought it did :kiss:

o_O hmm i actually find it strange now that I think about it...

I can fight against an entire society or world, hundreds of people or what not- and it doesnt even affect me at all. Makes for some fun sometimes too :p

But a SINGLE person can have the opposite affect. When it's just one person that punches you, it hurts, despite the fact earlier a thousand punched you and you were invincible. :confused: as a psychologist i find that odd

Upvote 0

EternalWealth

Jan 1, 2009
✟153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What drama? I just kind of float around, I don't pay much attention to stuff that's going on. Did the thread that spawned this one devolve into drama or something? I guess I could go read for myself.

I agree with you, it's so strange and yet so wonderful how just one person can affect you if it's for the positive... But if it's for the negative, I've always been told, "You can have a thousand people tell you how wonderful you are, and you will only hear the voice of the single nay-sayer". And, well... I'm not immune to that. :sorry:

Please dont waste your time looking, and PLEASE continue to float around.

The singles forum is a brood of vipers slithering around waiting for prey to fall in its grasp.

Poor little sheep :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ernest_theweedwhackerguy

Hello, I'm Ernest P. Worrell
Jun 1, 2004
New York
✟16,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm curious to see if there is a big difference between men and women in their views regarding kissing on the first date. Poll coming...

Honestly, it all depends on how the date went.
If it went perfectly, and we clicked right off the start, yeah. I'd go for a kiss.
Anything but, I highly doubt it. Hugs are fine for me in this scenario. :)

Upvote 0

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Deja vu all over again. When the mods cleaned out this thread, they still left a page 4. So when I click page 4, it takes me to page 3. I did it like three times before I realized there is no page 4... yet.

LOL whenever that happens it confuses me so much, first I think I must be insane because I swore I clicked in 4, then I try it again and again... haha.

Upvote 0