Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally Posted by Floatingaxe Even those with the prophetic gift make mistakes. It doesn't mean they are false prophets.

They do?

Who says? They do.

And who gives them permission to "make mistakes"? Personally, I think we are ill taught about the whole prophetic thing and do not realize how serious this gift is, especially when it presumes to give life directions or predicts things.
20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?’22 When a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him. (Deut. 18)
~Jim

Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would disagree.
Have you never heard of people being "slain in the spirit" who were determined to not go down?
Or people being healed who didn't believe.

Yes, I know a Southern Baptist friend named Mickey.

He suffered from depression for the longest time and battled with lots of Satan's devices. He almost killed himself, because once he was going to drive his car off the road, which he told me about later.

Well, Mickey went to this minister's conference, and he went up for prayer, and he held his body very firm so that he couldn't be "pushed down". He said the guy barely touched his forehead, and he said he felt this sensation as if someone had laid him down very slowly and gently, like onto a pillow. He laid there, and he said it was like God took a spoon or something and scooped out all the awful things he'd gone through and he was completely healed.

This guy is a staunch Southern Baptist. He's one of those guys you know would never make this up, because he has a beef with Pentecostal theology and its excesses and emotionalism yada yada yada so on and so forth.

It was really cool to hear him tell that story. I knew he was telling the truth.

Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That prophecy seems to indicate that this person will be from Michigan, a VP then because of impeachment, become president.

Okay that sounds like Gerald Ford to me.

Maybe Kim is prophesying from his subconscious memories.

Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, the problem here is how do you determine if a prophecy doesn't come to pass?

I remember reading through the Old Testament prophets, and noticing that some of the prophecies had dual fulfillments. An immediate literal partial fulfillment, then a more figurative apocolyptic future fulfillment. Then, as other posters have shown in this thread, God can suspend the fulfillment of a prophecy if the people repent or heed Gods instruction. How can we see now, if a prphecy has been suspended for a future generation? As far as we are concerned within our present view, it has not happened.

The best post I have seen in this thread is when some one said they like Kim Clement, and take what they can, and leave the rest. That should be our attitude to all of Gods servants. God can judge His own. We don't need to do it for Him.

In regards to the statement someone made about it being dangerous to not know someone is a false prophet, I say this. It is only dangerous if you are looking to the prophet to guide your life. If you are being led of the Spirit, then prophets don't guide your life. They confirm what God is already showing you. This is the only real difference between Old Testament and New Testament prophets.

Under the Old Covenant, only the prophet had the Spirit. So people needed guidance from the prophet. In the new Covenant we all have the Spirit. We don't need guidance, but we can receive confirmation. A false prophet is only dangerous to someone looking for guidance. Someone looking for guidance needs to mature in Christ, and learn to be led of the Spirit, not be scared of false prophets.

Peace...

This whole post is so rich with wisdom and insight!! I especially love the highlighted portion!!!

Amen to one and all of your words!!!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟246,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know someone who received a gospel tract, received Christ, will be with the Lord in eternity but is not capable of being a church member. There may be many folks in society who have accepted Christ but not the trappings of Christian religion. We will meet them in time on the day of the Lord. Not every revival shows up in the pastor's tithe bowl.

Upvote 0

bithiah2

Jah is my strength and song!
Jun 12, 2006
metro
✟18,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i believe that he is, and i enjoy his preaching.
in the past months he has been singing a lot of traditional songs along with the innovative ones i love to dance to, and also to me is much clearer in what he says and more foundational, because he is being careful. there is a video i was watching where he was talking about the Holy Spirit not being about"... acting like idiots and barking up the wrong tree":p...it was so funny. but he is aware of the foolishness that has gone on in God's name and wants to distance himself from that unseemly mess.
he is a blessing and i hope he keeps preaching.

Upvote 0

GrapeGirl

Freakin' ray of sunshyne
May 7, 2008
Nacogdoches, TX
✟17,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I

The major problem with Clement is, he prophesied that at this time America would be in it's greatest time of prosperity. Instead what we have is the greatest recession since the Great Depression.

Hence the "hack" comment. I used to listen to Kim Clement regularly. I stand by what I said.

Upvote 0

divine137

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,234.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hence the "hack" comment. I used to listen to Kim Clement regularly. I stand by what I said.

Not to mention...Obama was supposed to had been attempted to be assasinated around Easter...never happened...and Obama was supposed to have a conversion experience by mid year...NEVER HAPPENED based on what Obama has been spewing...:doh:

Upvote 0

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was trudging through the prophecies of Kim Clement yesterday, and came upon this from an interview he had on TBN a couple of years ago. Found here

Well, so far from what I can tell from my lowly vantage point, not much has changed. According to Clement, we should be in the middle of one of the greatest revivals ever. Instead, things seem pretty much unchanged.

Of course, he could be right. Perhaps within a year and a half a giant harvest could come. The clock is ticking. :)

Here are the words of the prophet Jonah which did not come to pass...I have never heard of Clement. He might be off his rocker. But the fact that he spoke this and it did not come to pass does not prove he is a false prophet.

Sometime G-d changes His mind and things are conditional or delayed. The nation of Israel died in the wilderness and the next generation went into the promised land. There are many biblical examples.

Jon 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

Jon 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟836,588.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The benchmark for any manifestation of the Spirit, including prophecy, is whether it is consistent with the written Scriptures. There are a number of apocalyptic books in the Bible, including Daniel, Ezekiel, and Revelation. What do they say about the last days? Do the prophecies of this man line up with the principles outlined in these books of the Bible. Do they line up with what Jesus foretold about the last days?

I actually don't recall Jesus foretelling a great harvest of souls in the last days. The theme of what He was saying was that the last days were going to be very challenging times for Christian believers as the fury of Satan was going to be unleashed even more as he sees the time of his judgement approaching.

I wonder if prophecies of great harvests of souls, and golden years of the church to come is just wishful thinking instead of Holy Spirit inspired prophecy?

The only two predictive prophecies that I can see in the New Testament describe (1) a famine, and (2) Paul's imprisonment and suffering.

I wonder if some of these prophecies are having the effect of inducing some people to "wait for Father Christmas to come", instead of living for Christ now and getting the Gospel out to sinners and making disciples for Christ in the "now"?

Reactions: Alpine
Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was trudging through the prophecies of Kim Clement yesterday, and came upon this from an interview he had on TBN a couple of years ago. Found here

Well, so far from what I can tell from my lowly vantage point, not much has changed. According to Clement, we should be in the middle of one of the greatest revivals ever. Instead, things seem pretty much unchanged.

Of course, he could be right. Perhaps within a year and a half a giant harvest could come. The clock is ticking. :)

Actually, we are in the middle of the greatest revival ever in history, numerically speaking.

I know that this will bother some who don't like TBN, but the global spread of TBN has occurred in the past ten years. They went from a handful of national US stations to well over 10,000 distribution points (stations, cable, sattelite), throughout the world in the past ten years. This has made the gospel message available to virtually anyone anywhere in the world at any time.

Regardless of what you think about TBN, it has reshaped the world demographic. The effect of this is not seen in the post christian western world, which already had freedom of religion (relatively) and christian media. However, the other 75% of the planet has been impacted beyond measure. Entire nations in Africa have seen their christian populations grow from small minorities to puralities or even majorities. We haven't even begun to see the impacts within closed societies from which we receive little information, but there are certainly many watching.

Add the fact that there are more people on the planet than ever in history to the fact that nearly every person is exposed to the gospel for the first time in history, and the numbers are beyond comprehension. You may not like the way God chose to do it, or the tool He uses, but as Gamaliel told the Jewish leaders, "Watch what you do concerning these men, for if this work be not of God it will not prosper. But if it is of God, you cannot stop it, lest you find yourself fighting even against God." IMHO, there are many fighting against God, thinking they are doing Him a favour, that have quite an awakening coming.

Peace...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GrapeGirl

Freakin' ray of sunshyne
May 7, 2008
Nacogdoches, TX
✟17,953.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually a true prophet of God is usually proclaimed by others, because the one so gifted doesn't normally want the title. It is a terribly burdensome gift because along with it comes the disdain and misunderstanding of people.

Yes, and there is a difference between proclaiming yourself to be a prophet, and others proclaiming you to be a prophet without any encouragement or leadership to do so.

Upvote 0

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul declared himself to be an apostle on more than a few occasions in the scripture, which we believe was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

We can't take someone's self-declaration in a particular office as less or as untrue just because they were the ones declaring it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Paul declared himself to be an apostle on more than a few occasions in the scripture, which we believe was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

We can't take someone's self-declaration in a particular office as less or as untrue just because they were the ones declaring it.

This is very true. It is one of those many christian aphorisms that are only religious in nature, not scriptural. We have tons of them. We use them cause they "tickle our ears" by sounding oh so humble and religious when we say them, but they are usually just unscriptural garbage.

Like when someone says, "So and so layed hands and brother so-and-so and healed them". Don't you just love those super humble and religious christians who don't even comment on the healing (except mabey to ask if you can provide medical evidence of it) that jump right in and say, "So and so didn't heal anyone, God is the one that healed them", as if the rest of us don't understand that or something. The Bible usese this kind of terminology all the time, and we don't hear poeple correcting the apostles for their choice of words. We all understand that when the Bible says that Paul laid hands on Publius father and healed him, that it wasn't actually Paul that did the healing, but rather the Holy Spirit.

The same with decalring oneself to be an apostle or prophet. Many in the Bible declared themselves such, and others didn't. Neither action provides any independent precedent for determining the validity of their claim.

Whether or not Kim is a prophet or not I do not know, I don't regularly follow his ministry. I only know that prophecy can and is interpreted. Just because ones personal interpretation of a prophecy seems to contradict the facts, doesn't mean the person is or is not a prophet. I would be careful who I judge as false though, and leave that card up to God.

Peace...

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I met KC back in 1991 ... he was a very powerful spiritual person with a great testimony of being saved and born again after a knife attack that almost took his life in South Africa many years ago.

But that ole devil isn't going to leave you alone after you call yourself a prophet or an apostle of all things.

What if the devil whispers in your ear an event that he knows is going to come about, because he knows it is going to come about, because he is the very one in fact that is going to cause it to come about?

I'm speaking of KC's prophecy 7 years before it happened that planes would come in low over long island for the purposes of destroying America for example.

The devil planned it and knew it was going to happen and it was just a matter of whispering to KC and sounding like God in his ear.

KC also managed to prophesy the train bombing in Spain on TBN right before it happened, but again who rigged the train in Spain to explode?

The devil did and knew exactly when to stir up KC that something big was fixing to happen.

As far as revival is concerned the next great revival may very well be the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Jesus did say something (more than once) that he would come back like a thief in the middle of the night and that we should be ready and waiting for him.

:clap:

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I met KC back in 1991 ... he was a very powerful spiritual person with a great testimony of being saved and born again after a knife attack that almost took his life in South Africa many years ago.

But that ole devil isn't going to leave you alone after you call yourself a prophet or an apostle of all things.

What if the devil whispers in your ear an event that he knows is going to come about, because he knows it is going to come about, because he is the very one in fact that is going to cause it to come about?

I'm speaking of KC's prophecy 7 years before it happened that planes would come in low over long island for the purposes of destroying America for example.

The devil planned it and knew it was going to happen and it was just a matter of whispering to KC and sounding like God in his ear.

KC also managed to prophesy the train bombing in Spain on TBN right before it happened, but again who rigged the train in Spain to explode?

The devil did and knew exactly when to stir up KC that something big was fixing to happen.

As far as revival is concerned the next great revival may very well be the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Jesus did say something (more than once) that he would come back like a thief in the middle of the night and that we should be ready and waiting for him.

:clap:

What??????????????????????

Do you read what you post?

What if the devil is giving Kim his prophecies? Where do you get that from, and why? I mean, what if Billy Graham is a pedophile? What if Oral Roberts robbed liquor stores? What if Obama was gay? This is the type of thing that Paul warned that we should not do, spending time with fables, and strife over questions that mean nothing.

I do not understand the purpose of your post. How do you get from saying he had a great testimony to saying his prophecies come from the devil? Or am I misunderstanding and you are being sarcastic?

Peace...

Upvote 0

therebelprophet

Apr 21, 2007
✟16,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been paying attention to Kim Clement over the last several years and other "prophets" that are prominently featured, particularly on the ElijahList. I will not be so bold as to say that they are false prophets, but I WILL say that from what I've seen and heard and know to be true based on the Bible and on what I have heard from God myself...the outlook is not as rosey as they make it out to be.

NOWHERE do I see in the Bible that there would be a HUGE harvest of souls before the end times. In fact, it says that in the end "the love of many will grow cold" and that people "will not endure sound doctrine, but will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears". Sound doctrine such as "unbelievers are under the wrath of God" and "without repentance there is no remission of sins". I'm hearing a lot of health and wealth and a lot of "Jesus loves everybody" but very little of what I would call Truth, sound doctrine, or even remotely biblical.

There is only ONE "word from God" that I know to be true concerning the USA: "Without repentance, you have NO future, America."

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
There is only ONE "word from God" that I know to be true concerning the USA: "Without repentance, you have NO future, America."

America has a rather romanticized past, going far back before the Europeans arrived when the natives and buffalo roamed the land. When you say that "America has no future", what exactly does that mean?

No future as a Superpower? No future as 50 states united? Or will the entire land from coast to coast be one big smoking crater? Because as you know, unless it's the last of these three options, somebody's going to get called a false prophet for saying that. America will most probably have a future of some sort or another.

Rome had a future, the Roman Empire fell. A prophecy speaking to Rome as the symbolic head of the Empire in 350 ce. saying that: "Rome has no future", would not be accepted today as a true prophetic word. We would simply assume that God knew the city of Rome would still be around in a few thousand years, and would word things differently in the prophecy to stand the test of time. While the people listening might have understood perfectly that the empire was going to fall, Rome itself has indeed had a future.

Upvote 0