Keeping the Watch

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Me and a friend noticed, Keeping Watch (from midnight to 3 am), has the same effect as when Môsʰéʰ lifted up his staff in the air.

"Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim.

And Môsʰéʰ said unto Yəʰoshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of Alôhâyîm in my hand.

So Yəʰoshua did as Môsʰéʰ had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Môsʰéʰ, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.

And it came to pass, when Môsʰéʰ held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.

But the hands of Môsʰéʰ were heavy; so they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

And Yeʰoshua dismantled Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword." [Exodus 17:8-13]

"Then said he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: you wait here, and Watch with me.

And he comes unto the disciples, and finds them asleep, and says unto Peter, What, could you not Watch with me one hour?

Watch and pray, that you enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

Then comes he to his disciples, and says unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Adam is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that does betray me." [Matthew 26:38, 40-14, & 43-46]

Reactions: pinacled

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Me and a friend noticed, Keeping Watch (from midnight to 3 am), has the same effect as when Môsʰéʰ lifted up his staff in the air.

"Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim.

And Môsʰéʰ said unto Yəʰoshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of Alôhâyîm in my hand.

So Yəʰoshua did as Môsʰéʰ had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Môsʰéʰ, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.

And it came to pass, when Môsʰéʰ held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.

But the hands of Môsʰéʰ were heavy; so they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

And Yeʰoshua dismantled Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword." [Exodus 17:8-13]

"Then said he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: you wait here, and Watch with me.

And he comes unto the disciples, and finds them asleep, and says unto Peter, What, could you not Watch with me one hour?

Watch and pray, that you enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

Then comes he to his disciples, and says unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Adam is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that does betray me." [Matthew 26:38, 40-14, & 43-46]
Moses ordered Joshua to choose men to go and fight Amalek; Moses will STAND on the mountain with the rod of YHWH in his hand. Joshua began fighting Amalek as Moses ordered; Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the mountain. As Moses lifted up his hands Israel was winning, when Moses lowered his hands Amalek was winning. Moses hands grew tired, so Aaron and Hur put a stone under Moses so that he could SIT while they held up the hands of Moses one on each side until sunset; Joshua defeated Amalek with the edge of the sword. While the elders were on top of the mountain, Moses SITTING on a stone with his hands being held up by Aaron and Hur on each side the young man Joshua was fighting Amalek with the edge of the sword. On the contrary Yeshua ordered his disciples to "watch", his disciples fell asleep, so the Son of Adam was betrayed into the hands of sinners.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
When eyelids get heavy so does the rest of the body, the arms, the head..all get heavy.

The Watch is more convenient when kept regularly, the body's clock kicks in, but when a life is at stake, the drowsiness still comes unexpectedly, and with persistence, but it is fightable.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Moses ordered Joshua to choose men to go and fight Amalek; Moses will STAND on the mountain with the rod of YHWH in his hand. Joshua began fighting Amalek as Moses ordered; Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the mountain. As Moses lifted up his hands Israel was winning, when Moses lowered his hands Amalek was winning. Moses hands grew tired, so Aaron and Hur put a stone under Moses so that he could SIT while they held up the hands of Moses one on each side until sunset; Joshua defeated Amalek with the edge of the sword. While the elders were on top of the mountain, Moses SITTING on a stone with his hands being held up by Aaron and Hur on each side the young man Joshua was fighting Amalek with the edge of the sword. On the contrary Yeshua ordered his disciples to "watch", his disciples fell asleep, so the Son of Adam was betrayed into the hands of sinners.

The point being, there are battles, and there are (unconventional) means of turning a battle in one's favor, such as praying, fasting, etc., from firsthand experience, I am saying, Keeping the third Watch is quite effective.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Or you could say that not only witnesses but the power of two or three.

"And though a man might prevail against him who is alone, two will withstand him. A threefold cord is not quickly broken."

And

"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

Moses was told by the L-RD how to defeat Amekek, but he needed the support of the High Priest (Aaron- from the tribe of Levi) and Hur (from the tribe of Judah). When these three came together in unison to defeat amelek the L-RD was with them and he could be defeated.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
With Aaron and Hur, to establish the matter by two or three.

Likewise Yésʰûʷəʰ had Peter, James, and John.
A 4th watch likened to a Holy praise.
Though weakened, Mosheh had wise counsel to give him strength from the Lord.

With the same praise a person with Yeshua in his/her heart Loves with all their being while even at rest. And further loves their neighbor who fights the enemy while The Lord is hedged in their soul.
I see two men engouraging the soul of a man who has given hope to others who are the promised youth to overcome.
While Moshe grew tired, two witnesses held Mosheh upright with a strength of promise till he was exhausted ..

Then with a victorious shout I imagine Mosheh rested in the spirit of knowledge and understanding.

While a generation seperated apart vexed his authenticity. A new generation honored The Torah promise of the meek man who showed no fear.
The two men who recognised a need and offered more than charity. They encouraged others of victory.

I imagine while on that hill, a great shadow of wings gathered the entire camp to take comfort.

Blessing Always

• Friendly
Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
A 4th watch likened to a Holy praise.
Though weakened, Mosheh had wise counsel to give him strength from the Lord.

With the same praise a person with Yeshua in his/her heart Loves with all their being while even at rest. And further loves their neighbor who fights the enemy while The Lord is hedged in their soul.
I see two men engouraging the soul of a man who has given hope to others who are the promised youth to overcome.
While Moshe grew tired, two witnesses held Mosheh upright with a strength of promise till he was exhausted ..

Then with a victorious shout I imagine Mosheh rested in the spirit of knowledge and understanding.

While a generation seperated apart vexed his authenticity. A new generation honored The Torah promise of the meek man who showed no fear.
The two men who recognised a need and offered more than charity. They encouraged others of victory.

I imagine while on that hill, a great shadow of wings gathered the entire camp to take comfort.

Blessing Always
Moses ordered Joshua to choose men and fight Amalek; Moses promised Joshua that the next day he would STAND with the rod of YHWH in his hand on top of a hill. Moses hands grew tired, so Aaron and Hur put a "stone" under Moses so that he could SIT on the "stone" ,this "stone" served as the "seat of Moses". Aaron and Hur held up the two hands of Moses one on each side; YHWH wrote his holy law onto two tablets of "stone" with his finger. Moses sat or rested on a solid foundation (stone) while Aaron and Hur held up his hands one on each side. Yeshua speaks about a wise builder who built his house on a rock (Matthew 7:24).

Last edited:
Upvote 0