Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
David Gordon (estranged brother of Tim Gordon) has been employed with CM for a few years as a copy editor and host to some of their programming and podcasts.

Apparently today a handful of more people were laid off from CM and something like 10 more walked off the job in solidarity with them. Gordon posted this video on his YouTube channel promising a follow up tonight. Essentially he's going to come forward on everything having to do with what he calls deep corruption and rot at CM, that the board did nothing about Voris for 15 years. He wants to expose it all, including what Voris was actually dismissed for.

Here's the video Gordon posted around 8am pacific:

I'm not sure how I feel about it. This is seems like a real about-face for Gordon, and it's also putting the shoe on the other foot for CM.

• Informative
Reactions: mourningdove~

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Been expecting this.

Anthony Stine (Return to Tradition podcaster) advised listeners 5 days ago to 'brace themselves' for the information that is going to come out about Michael Voris and the Church Militant situation. (Stine has connections close to the CM operation.)

Stine didn't know how soon the info would start coming out ... but appears it will be soon now ...

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So much for those promises, the CM/SMM board must've intervened with some kind of legal injunction to stop Gordon from talking. Or maybe they hit him with an NDA.

Or maybe it's just taking him longer to put things together than expected...I would definitely be interested to know the details.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it is inevitable that we will learn more, eventually ...
but it can also be a big decision, for one to decide to go public with what they know.
Because sometimes, in doing so, other persons involved in the story may be harmed by the disclosure ...

There are probably more persons than David Gordon who have information about the situation.
So, if he decides to remain quiet, others may not.

It is unfortunate that because this is an RC issue, mainstream media has 'latched onto' the story and isn't about to let it go.
The media just loves a story involving the fall of a pastor, priest, or influentional Christian person. (I'm sure the devil delights in it, too!)
So, I don't think this story is just going to 'go away', at least not anytime soon.

Now that the story is out, it would probably be best for further information to be released. To clarify some things, at least.
Until it is, I think the media is going to remain in 'hot pursuit' of more information ...

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,786.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been following Church militant - as far as that goes the only Catholic website I regularly visit is this one - and I'd never heard of Michael Voris till this stuff started hitting the fan.

Nor do I go looking for sites to justify anti-Francis sentiments - I'm not interested.

But I was told a long time ago by my old pastor that if you're stressed, then it's a good idea to sleep on it before you make a major decision.

It seems that is what Mr. Gordon might be doing.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
FOLLOW UP:

After giving it some deeper thought David Gordon made his expose video public, detailing the corruption at CM including the board protecting Voris for 10-15 years leading up to his ouster a couple weeks ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟245,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
David Gordon did post the promised video but then withdrew it giving this explanation.

He would have done well to take his own reservations more seriously. What David Gordon did is deeply immoral, and it is remarkable that he was able to talk himself into such a thing. He claimed that what he is doing "is not detraction," and only those "deserving a good name" have a right to a good name. :swoon: Sorry, this guy is a joke. He thinks he's God. Maybe when his anger and exhaustion work themselves out he will realize his error.

Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

zippy2006

Dragonsworn
Nov 9, 2013
✟245,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If there is financial mismanagement then Gordon should go through the proper channels and perhaps, at the end of that process, go public with the financial problems (but non-profits require a large degree of financial transparency so this should not be so difficult). This has nothing to do with Vorris' private sins, especially given the fact that as a fellow employee Gordon assumes fiduciary responsibilities to Vorris. There may even be potential grounds for a lawsuit against Gordon.

Upvote 0