• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

keeping employment

St. Paul

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
✟9,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a fear of public speaking. It's easier for me to deal with one person at a time. You'll be fine. Chances are, you'll only deal with married couples at a time. So that means two people at a time. Chances are they already know what they want so the focus won;t be on you.

Upvote 0

St. Paul

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
✟9,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
do you guys also have problems in large groups of people? I was just wondering if this was common. I can't think about facing people.. my brain goes a bit nutty in large group settings. That's the only time I experience problems.. is in public.
Dealing with large groups are tough. But you have to get used to it. I have trouble with public speaking but if you place yourself in the situation it helps make things much easier. It's the "dwelling" on public speaking that makes it tough. :)

Upvote 0
Aug 5, 2010
Pennsylvania.
✟7,957.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
do you guys also have problems in large groups of people? I was just wondering if this was common. I can't think about facing people.. my brain goes a bit nutty in large group settings. That's the only time I experience problems.. is in public.

I'm on disability. I don't have the drive to work. I have no problem with being in large groups. I just can't function as an employee for anyone. My medications are half the problem as they do all sorts of wierd things to my mind. But I'm SchizoAffective so I have loss of energy and will because of it. My disorder keeps me from functioning on the job so I just don't work. Instead I collect a check every month and live off that plus I live with understanding parents who haven't given up on me.

It is common for Schizophrenics to develop a whole bunch of different kinds of fear, both rational and irrational. Fear and paranoia is a common symptom to the disorder. What really helps to manage such fear is some psychotherapy.

Upvote 0
K

kittyc

I usually 'attach' myself to someone I am comfortable with in attending functions with large groups of people like a fellowship or work parties. But then that person would get annoyed or dominate over me, and then I would feel like the odd one out. I find it hard to start conversations with people I don't know very well. It's just so hard. When I actually do, I feel like being watched and criticized by those around me, as if I was doing something wrong, it's really a strange feeling!

Upvote 0

tsk351

Feb 11, 2011
✟7,618.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When I actually do, I feel like being watched and criticized by those around me, as if I was doing something wrong, it's really a strange feeling!

I'm with you. I constantly feel as if all eyes are on me. Every time someone laughs, I always think they're laughing at me. I can't function in public at all. I completely melt down.

Upvote 0

blue fire

Dec 22, 2011
✟15,124.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I had to turn jobs because the negative symtoms and well others. I applied for disability ayear ago have to go to court hopefully soon. I have several jobs waiting if I get better union and non. But it became clear even working with and understanding friend that my funtioning was very limited. I was devastated when I realized I had all the work I wanted work so hard for just to be limited by a disease and not able to do even 10% of what I used to. Just hope I get disability soon I had to have my mom help me do the paper work just to apply for it. I accepted it I wish my family would do the same. I should of applied for disability years before I did. I couldnt hold any job do to the severity of my symtoms. It hurts me deep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't really have a problem with large groups. Being in front of lots of people has just been part of life. I have been known to walk away from a large social group to get a moment of alone time. I've also been very much an outsider to some social groups. And I don't like being in the audience gathered together to focus on a stage. For example, movie theatres, rock concerts, church, sporting events, lecture halls, etc. I have very much avoided social scenes lately and become much of a hermit.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yeah i have a problem around large groups or with people that i don't know well. but I know that that can be either a curse or blessing from God, which ever I think God made it to be for me. and I believe it to be a blessing, because I believe that God loves me and that God orders all things for my good. so i rejoice in my weaknesses, because I know God will use all of them to be a powerful witness for others to see that God Loves all His creatures.

just that i know without God I can do nothing right. but now when I put my trust fully in him and forsake all other things, i know that all is pure in Christ. and all things are made new in Christ.

rejoice all of you! because God loves to use our weaknesses to slap the world in the face, to wake them up out of their delusions.

but nothing is right without God, and nothing is ordered or makes sense without God. but have courage and take up faith and be humble and desire God all the more and seek His face like a crazy woman after her husband that seems to have went away.... seek after God, keep knocking for.. to be free from all evil, but more so to be full of the Spirit of God. the Consuming Fire. just keep seeking out God for His spirit to fill you... until all the sudden you know and understand that, God is no respecter of persons. and that, God will burn in you a Love so strong that you will think "wow I was only a shadow of who i thought I was in Christ until I felt this burning of Gods spirit"

because, there is spiritual water of God, and then there is spiritual fire of God. and the fire destroys everything bad and makes all things pure in Christ and you see that God is your father and that he is your husband. and you never want to not think of God and you never want or desire to hurt others but only help them the best you can with God as your head.

it is as if, i was only a little baby trying to fight off monsters until the fire of God came and now I am an adult and can slay monsters with the breath of my mouth, since God is with me. the only thing that matters in this life, is to be as close to God as you can. as intimate with God as you can. God is my Mate. we all belong to God, let us seek out this overflowing life that God says in the gospels:

John 5:26 (ESV)
(5:26) For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself.

we need the Life of God, normal life is not enough. let us grow up in the spiritual man and see who we are in Christ! let us see how God will use our weakness that we kept seeking out God to heal us from, and see what God does with us when we are on fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums