Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Based on what has been brought forth by a variety of witnesses I think Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the SCOTUS should be withdrawn by Trump. It should not even proceed to a vote. He is irredeemably tainted by his own testimony and that of others.

Does guilt or innocence even matter anymore?

Last edited:

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,183.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I disagree. What has happened to this judge was a political hit job because of his morals on abortion. Nothing else.

He believes the President should be above the law. Do you believe this also?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think he has lied several times under oath and not just in this last hearing. I think he lied about his knowledge of the memos. But we'll see what this investigation turns up.

Upvote 0

havevisions

Dec 24, 2010
Southwest Virginia
✟47,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After watching all of this for days, I have come to this conclusion. It is the only way to draw a final decision. I must say this - I was a math instructor and often taught logic in my general math classes, and I know this doesn't make me a final authority, but based on all the information, any other conclusion would be erroneous and illogical.

Judge Kavanaugh believes he is telling the truth. However, he is mistaken, and the reason for this is that he does not remember the sexual assault, because of a drunken state. It is very likely that he thinks he is truthful, when the facts given show that he is not.

Dr. Ford was telling the truth of what happened to her, without a doubt.

So in a nutshell. She is truthful. He thinks he is truthful, but facts show that he isn't

So, will he be confirmed. Yes.

• Useful
Reactions: CindyLR
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SCOTUS should be beyond reproach in order to make untainted judgements of others. I agree that he should be withdrawn.

The Supreme Court Justices are supposed to be making judgments in accordance with the US Constitution, not "making judgments of others."

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It looks like this issue is dividing politicians and people straight down political lines. If it was a moral issue both sides would see more division in their own ranks. It's all political-nothing else.
Given the current polarization in the US, lots of people see everything through the lens of their political tribe. Moral questions, historical questions, scientific questions. "Are humans causing the planet to get warmer?" is a purely factual, empirical question about physical reality, but people's answers align remarkably well with their political affiliation.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is SHAMEFUL that those who would claim the name of Christ would take political stances that support homosexuality and the murder of babies.
So because they are against Kavanaugh being nominated that means they are for abortion and homosexuality?
I think it's shameful to say such a thing. That's rather like Clinton's 'deplorables' statement.

Gorsuch is also pro-life and doesn't support homosexuality and I didn't have any objections to Gorsuch because I didn't find him to be a liar. Appears that Kavanaugh is willing to lie about little things that he doesn't need to lie about in order to be confirmed, so why do it?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kavanaugh was placed between a rock and a hard place. He didn't want to reveal the sex and drugs party culture that was/is pervasive in high school and college, and that he was part of. He was not only trying to protect his nomination, but his family, and possibly the nation, from this knowledge. In doing so he chose to lie.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I actually agree with OldWise. It's not a bad thing to want to protect your family or your nomination, but if there are skeletons in your closet,
a) don't lie about it,
b) we need to know about them before you sit in such an important position for life
Ringo

Upvote 0