Kari Lake's election fraud case WILL go to trial--Hobbs attempt to stop trial fails

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟218,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you been watching the hearings? I was impressed with the polling testimony, that so many Republicans who they tracked and said they would show up that day -- a huge statistical anomaly. According to his testimony Lake would have won. But I think what needs to be there is to prove the machine breakdown was done deliberately, which is going to be tough.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,437,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you been watching the hearings? I was impressed with the polling testimony, that so many Republicans who they tracked and said they would show up that day -- a huge statistical anomaly. According to his testimony Lake would have won. But I think what needs to be there is to prove the machine breakdown was done deliberately, which is going to be tough.

I see you finally acknowledge what the judge instructed.

And yes, Lake should have won had she not attacked the non-MAGA Republicans in the state. The fact is, many Republicans voted for her opponent.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,437,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Awaiting the judge's opinion.....I

Kari Lake’s two-day election challenge ended Thursday without any evidence presented that election problems were engineered by Maricopa County officials and her opponent.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter Thompson, who oversaw the short trial, said after closing arguments by attorneys he would soon render his opinion but that it would not be before “five o’clock.” Legally, he has five days to decide whether Lake proved her case.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,437,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Summary of the "evidence" presented by Lake's attorney (from AZ Republic columnist Laurie Roberts):
  • A whistleblower from Runbeck Elections Services, the county’s election contractor, who didn’t testify but instead avowed to a Lake investigator that she saw fellow employees bring in 50 early ballots of family members and illegally add them to the vote total. Lake lost to Gov.-elect Katie Hobbs by 17,117 votes.
  • A partisan pollster calling himself the “People’s Pundit” – a guy whose polling firm, Big Data Poll, scored an F rating from the poll analysis website FiveThirtyEight – who did an exit poll of 813 Maricopa County voters and from that somehow concluded that 15,603 to 29,257 Lake supporters didn’t vote due to Election Day problems. “I believe it was substantial enough to change the leaderboard,” Rich Baris testified.
  • Sworn declarations from 200 voters who said they were impacted by Election Day problems. But only three of them, according to the county, didn’t vote and that was their choice. Declining to wait in line or put your ballot in a secure box, to be counted later, is not evidence of disenfranchised voters.
  • And finally, a cyber security expert who testified that the county’s printers were set up to spit out 19-inch ballots on 20-inch paper – ballots that then couldn’t be counted. Except, he conceded that they would have been counted. When a ballot can’t be read by a vote center tabulator, he acknowledged it’s sent to a bipartisan board of workers that transfers the voter’s choices onto a fresh ballot so it can be tabulated.

After the court Kari Lake told reporters: “We proved without a shadow of a doubt that there was malicious intent that caused disruptions so great it changed the results of the election,” ^_^

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,212,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Summary of the "evidence" presented by Lake's attorney (from AZ Republic columnist Laurie Roberts):
  • A whistleblower from Runbeck Elections Services, the county’s election contractor, who didn’t testify but instead avowed to a Lake investigator that she saw fellow employees bring in 50 early ballots of family members and illegally add them to the vote total. Lake lost to Gov.-elect Katie Hobbs by 17,117 votes.
  • A partisan pollster calling himself the “People’s Pundit” – a guy whose polling firm, Big Data Poll, scored an F rating from the poll analysis website FiveThirtyEight – who did an exit poll of 813 Maricopa County voters and from that somehow concluded that 15,603 to 29,257 Lake supporters didn’t vote due to Election Day problems. “I believe it was substantial enough to change the leaderboard,” Rich Baris testified.
  • Sworn declarations from 200 voters who said they were impacted by Election Day problems. But only three of them, according to the county, didn’t vote and that was their choice. Declining to wait in line or put your ballot in a secure box, to be counted later, is not evidence of disenfranchised voters.
  • And finally, a cyber security expert who testified that the county’s printers were set up to spit out 19-inch ballots on 20-inch paper – ballots that then couldn’t be counted. Except, he conceded that they would have been counted. When a ballot can’t be read by a vote center tabulator, he acknowledged it’s sent to a bipartisan board of workers that transfers the voter’s choices onto a fresh ballot so it can be tabulated.

After the court Kari Lake told reporters: “We proved without a shadow of a doubt that there was malicious intent that caused disruptions so great it changed the results of the election,” ^_^

That's pretty much what I was expecting the outcome to be.

I touched on it in another thread (or maybe it was this one?)

Nobody is expecting any election to be 100% error free or 100% air tight. However, when it comes to something that would warrant overturning results or scrapping the results and calling for a mulligan, it needs to be sufficiently demonstrated that the volume of irregularities were so great, that it would've shifted the outcome.

Lake's case (and original gripe) fell way short of that.

It's always been well understood that there are always a few outlier irregularities, it's impossible for their not to be when dealing with counting massive numbers of votes with a lot of moving parts in the process. However, in these past few election cycles, it's become the GOP strategy du jour to claim that any irregularity that happens in an election where they lose, no matter how insignificant, is grounds for throwing the entire result away and having "Election Day 2".

In a state with 7 million people, where the difference in votes between the candidates is in the tens of thousands, a small scale exit poll and a person claiming they saw someone else improperly add 50 ballots to the totals, and a few others saying they didn't want to wait in line to vote hardly meets the criteria for any thing as drastic as a do-over.

That last one is particularly ironic the more I think about it...
Many GOP folks are often dismissive about it when Democrats bring up the fact that making large numbers of people in Black neighborhoods wait for hours in line to vote is a form of voter suppression/disenfranchisement. Often times with rebuttals in the theme of "well, if voting is that important to you, you'll make time and wait however long it takes", they don't even want people bringing them food or water while they wait.

Yet, 3 people on their side claim that happened to them, and now all of the sudden, not only is "having to wait a while" disenfranchisement, but apparently warrants throwing the entire result away, and dragging millions of voters back out to the polls again for a complete do-over.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well she had her day in court and it appears it was fruitless. She didn't present and clear and hard evidence that anything happened which would have affected the outcome of the vote.

She used her rights to challenge and failed. So be it. I didn't expect much of this anyway. I mean if some bombshell happened where the machines could have been proven to have switched votes or the ballots that didn't print right wouldn't have been counted etc well then she'd have something. But she didn't.

That's all folks.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,759,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

An Arizona judge on Saturday rejected Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake’s lawsuit attempting to overturn her defeat, concluding that there wasn’t clear or convincing evidence of misconduct, and affirming the victory of Democratic Gov.-elect Katie Hobbs.​
That is what I expected.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Well she had her day in court and it appears it was fruitless. She didn't present and clear and hard evidence that anything happened which would have affected the outcome of the vote.

She used her rights to challenge and failed. So be it. I didn't expect much of this anyway. I mean if some bombshell happened where the machines could have been proven to have switched votes or the ballots that didn't print right wouldn't have been counted etc well then she'd have something. But she didn't.

That's all folks.
It is now time to for Kari to get her straight grift on as election denial is now an occupation.
They have election denial tour circuits that probably rival the number of dates Taylor Swift performs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,437,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"[Judge] Thompson noted that real problems did affect the election, but election workers tried their best and performed their role "with integrity."

"Not perfectly,” Thompson continued, "as no system on this earth is perfect, but more than sufficient to comply with the law and conduct a valid election."

"Plaintiff Lake’s lawsuit was never about well-pled facts and evidence. Instead, it was the continuation of a made-for-TV tirade from a candidate who cannot or will not accept the fact that she lost," Gates said in a written statement.

...await the inevitable appeal and request for sanctions ( to recover our tax dollars for this fiasco).

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟375,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's easy to understand the disappointment of losing an election by a fairly close margin. But it's also way too easy for a loser to cry fraud and malfeasance with little to no supporting evidence. This goes for both Republicans and Democrats. Gotta say, I was impressed by how 2 unconventional candidates--Dr. Oz and Herschel Walker--accepted defeat and conceded to their opponents. They showed some class.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I love the smell of attorney sanctions in the morning.
BOOM:

MARICOPA COUNTY DEFENDANTS’
MOTION FOR SANCTIONS
AND APPLICATION FOR
ATTORNEYS’ FEES

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,437,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...instead:
But he ordered Lake to pay Hobbs $33,040.50 in compensation for expert witness fees and again reaffirmed the election of Hobbs, who will be sworn in on January 5.

Hobb's attorney's had sought nearly $700k in compensation. IMO, we the taxpayers of Arizona, should sue her....

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟835,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,212,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟246,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private