Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
These two posts show very clearly that the talent, experience or quality of the nominee doesn't matter, but the ideology. .
Well, we know for a fact that this isn't so. Look at the testimony of the Senators from both parties during the hearings on any or all of the three nominees advanced to the Supreme Court since the election of 2016 and it's perfectly obvious that experience and quality matter a great deal. And it's not just the nominees of the current president who demonstrate that.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I wasn’t too concerned about the new Justice until she picked Clarence Thomas to swear her in. Not a good start...I still hope she will grow in the job.
One has to admire her ability to irritate the elites and globalists on such a grand scale while simultaneously endearing herself to those who think the constitution is something worth holding onto.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
One has to admire her ability to irritate the elites and globalists on such a grand scale while simultaneously endearing herself to those who think the constitution is something worth holding onto.
She can't even enumerate the rights in the first amendment, cute to say she would think the constitution is something to hold on to. She's probably the least qualified justice we have had since revolutionary times.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At least her spouse won’t be drunk dialing at 3:00 am.

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't consider that admirable in someone meant to be an impartial justice, so no, one doesn't.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Odd that you didn't use this argument when Obama was trying to fulfill his Constitutional responsibility and fill a Supreme Court seat back in 2016.

Was that a travesty of justice back then?
Obama did his duty and nominated a candidate. The conservative controlled Senate was not going to approve that candidate and rather than put that candidate through the kind of ordeal that Kavanaugh was subjected to and then vote him down they refused to consider him. That is much more kind and reasonable than the fiasco that the liberals elected to try.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obama did his duty and nominated a candidate. The conservative controlled Senate was not going to approve that candidate and rather than put that candidate through the kind of ordeal that Kavanaugh was subjected to and then vote him down they refused to consider him. That is much more kind and reasonable than the fiasco that the liberals elected to try.

Wrong, try again. He was not brought to a vote because McConnell could not risk some Republicans breaking ranks (particularly those in tough reelection battles) and the fact that the hearings would have shown him to be a good and centrist judge, who was extremely qualified. Enough Republicans were likely to have broken ranks to approve him.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wrong, try again. He was not brought to a vote because McConnell could not risk some Republicans breaking ranks (particularly those in tough reelection battles) and the fact that the hearings would have shown him to be a good and centrist judge, who was extremely qualified. Enough Republicans were likely to have broken ranks to approve him.
And how could you possibly know that for certain. Let me know what your picks are for the next lotto jackpot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By the way, being extremely and exceptionally well qualified did not get Amy Coney Barrett even one liberal vote, did it? So much for that theory.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, we know for a fact that this isn't so. Look at the testimony of the Senators from both parties during the hearings on any or all of the three nominees advanced to the Supreme Court since the election of 2016 and it's perfectly obvious that experience and quality matter a great deal.
I'm not seeing it. For example - Amy Coney Barrett is the least-experienced Supreme Court nominee in 30 years

Until President Trump nominated her to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2017, she had never been a judge, never worked in the government as a prosecutor, defense lawyer, solicitor general, or attorney general, or served as counsel to any legislative body—the usual professional channels that Supreme Court nominees tend to hail from. A graduate of Notre Dame law school, Barrett has almost no experience practicing law whatsoever

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess they weren't impressed with her nearly 3 years as a judge.
Never confuse experience with capability. People can make the same mistakes over and over again throughout their entire career.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What demonstrated capabilities most impressed you during the hearings? I mean, I'd hate to think that this empty platitude is just that.
Funny thing she is highly respected by those who are experts in the law as well as those who know her well. What is it that you see that those who know her and the law best are not seeing?

Upvote 0

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
It is funny to hear about the elites and globalists when Trump has a Golden Toilet as well as bank loans, properties, and business dealings all over the, umm, globe.

You can be international without being globalist or transnational.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Funny thing she is highly respected by those who are experts in the law as well as those who know her well.

Citation needed.

What is it that you see that those who know her and the law best are not seeing?

What I'm not seeing is evidence for the empty assertions in your past few replies to me. I have a pretty good idea why.

Upvote 0