South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am now at a stage in my life where wondering and reminiscing have become a part of my life. I just turned 43 and I realize that while there are things that I wish to do, there are parts of my life I wouldn't change for anything or anyone else. Is this common for those of us in our 40s?

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am now at a stage in my life where wondering and reminiscing have become a part of my life. I just turned 43 and I realize that while there are things that I wish to do, there are parts of my life I wouldn't change for anything or anyone else. Is this common for those of us in our 40s?
I am 30. I wonder and reminisce some. But mostly I think about the present moment and the future. I love getting older.

Upvote 0

Living Soul

Aug 28, 2017
New England
✟21,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm 41 and I find I need to bust out the 80s and 90s music periodically.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I'm currently 43 (turning 44 before this year is overwith), and I tend to agree with the OP, although the process can start pretty much at any age before or after 40, depending on the person. It seems as though it is a natural part of getting older, as these are mostly things I have not thought about when I was younger. With me, it seems like new possibilities are set to open up for me, as well as new ways of thinking on a variety of things while still holding on to the standards I grew up on (and will always seek guidance from the Lord for everything). Some believe these changes to be for the better; others, not so much. Some people have even been alienated by these changes due to misunderstandings, and often sadly beyond repair. People who have been a prominent part of my life for years have recently backed away while new people are stepping in, and there's pretty much nothing that can be done about it except try to make the best of the here and now, and realizing that God has placed each and every one of these individuals in our lives for specific purposes, some of which we will never know in this lifetime.

It is also natural to reminisce. I find myself doing that a lot. I was born in 1973, making me basically a baby of the '70s, youth of the '80s, and young adult of the '90s, so I was influenced by much of the culture spanning those decades. Especially music, having been intrigued by it from an early age, so I paid special attention to the music that was around me and soaking in the sounds. Now I listen to a variety of music, varying in style and spanning different eras. I reminisce about a lot of my old favorites, but always open to looking for things that are new, different, and even unusual in the realm of music. When it comes to that, I just can't get enough of it. There are other things, too, of course, but music is pretty much the main thing.

Upvote 0