MParedon

Yahweh-nissi
Jan 20, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Catholic
I don't even know how to begin to explain my situation. I did get some good crying out last night and this morning. Unfortunetly my eyes are swollen now and I'm running late for work :help: . Maybe lot's of eye shadow?

Last night was a very low point for me. My parents are both alcoholics and sometimes can become irate and a bit irrational. I'm at a point where I'm going to change my phone number and look into finding a new place.

Today my mother and I talked and she said she repented but I can't take the arguementative nature she has anymore, I can't take her constant calling and knocking on my door. I can't take the constant lament and martyrdom she places on my head about her sorrows.

It's like a cycle, once or twice a month it happens and then she acts like gold...just enough for me to forget and forgive. I'm just so eager for things to be 'normal' that I pretend stuff doesn't happen. I don't know if I should really post this on the net, but I gotta get some of this off my chest. I think I'm going to ask for a user id change after this though. I may be paranoid but it's really easy for people to 'google' my email addy and find this stuff.

I really told her off this morning though and it felt good. I have more to say too. Some habits/comments/etc. of hers are going to have to stop totally (even when she's sober) or she's just going to have to deal with me out of her life. Same goes for my dad, he can't just be passive in this whole thing.

Sigh! I'm sorry! It's really not as bad as it can seem. I am healthy, have a really wonderful boyfriend, have a medium income that can always be supplemented with a second job, and I have Christ! :)

Maggie893

It is what it is.
Sep 13, 2004
Maine
✟28,951.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
:hug:

I'll be praying for you and your family. Sometimes in these situations the kind of love you show looks hard and not very compassionate but many alcoholics need a critical catalyst in their lives to instigate change. The important thing is that you continue to love them but you don't have to be abused to show love.:hug:

Upvote 0