Just how special are we to God?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure you be heard it before. We are called, we are chosen, we were loved by God before he formed anything and made his plan to save mankind. When we were finally born into the world the angels sung and God watched over us...etc. But just HOW special are we to God? Obviously God loves us because he sent his son to die for us. But just how special are God's children to God? Me personally? I know deep down in my heart that God loves me and that I am CLEARLY special to him. But I couldn't even begin to understand just HOW special. Maybe its a question that can only be answered by God himself. But I'm hoping someone can answer the question now instead of making me wait to know the answer. Just how special are God's children to God? How does he show us that we're special?

Reactions: Call me Nic

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
For me, I just notice how He's "right here" with me. How much more special do I need?

Well, God is everywhere so he obviously watches over believers and makes sure they're safe and secure and the Holy Spirit works in us to guide us down the proper road in life. So I guess we're pretty special. I mean God knew we would be born and would accept him from the beginning of time. Well actually that's kind of a lie God is outside of time right? God has ALWAYS existed and is Eternal. So it must be that God has always known that we would accept him. Idk its just mindblowing trying to imagine it all.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The key to being special in God's eyes is to repent so He sees Jesus's perfection and not ours sins. This complicates things for me in malls restaurants, and airplanes as I'm constantly on my knees praying for forgiveness ;)

I don't think anyone can tell you. You have to experience it yourself. You'll just have to wait like the rest of us :)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, God is everywhere so he obviously watches over believers and makes sure they're safe and secure and the Holy Spirit works in us to guide us down the proper road in life. So I guess we're pretty special. I mean God knew we would be born and would accept him from the beginning of time. Well actually that's kind of a lie God is outside of time right? God has ALWAYS existed and is Eternal. So it must be that God has always known that we would accept him. Idk its just mindblowing trying to imagine it all.
Yeah a dimension of reality without decay, sounds pretty awesome. That's why everything needs to be burnt and melted down, so that reality can be created here.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure you be heard it before. We are called, we are chosen, we were loved by God before he formed anything and made his plan to save mankind. When we were finally born into the world the angels sung and God watched over us...etc. But just HOW special are we to God? Obviously God loves us because he sent his son to die for us. But just how special are God's children to God? Me personally? I know deep down in my heart that God loves me and that I am CLEARLY special to him. But I couldn't even begin to understand just HOW special. Maybe its a question that can only be answered by God himself. But I'm hoping someone can answer the question now instead of making me wait to know the answer. Just how special are God's children to God? How does he show us that we're special?

Consider a question: Why would God want to create human?

He can do everything by Himself. He also creates a huge number of angels to work for Him. If so, why would He want human, and is doing so much for human? Is God soooo... bored to make us and eventually caused Himself a whole lot of trouble?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Special enough for Him to wait as long as He has to for you to come to your senses and turn to Him.....then He runs out and meets you saying "Welcome home my Son....enjoy the feast I've prepared for you......"

Honestly? That will be amazing. To one day hear God say "Well done my good and faithful servant" or "Welcome home". I mean our sins are no longer held against us because God only sees Christ's righteousness. So its like we were born sinless in God's eyes.

I mean it might not be a question that can be grasped by our finite mind just how much God loved us when he made the plan to save us and to come die for us.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Consider a question: Why would God want to create human?

He can do everything by Himself. He also creates a huge number of angels to work for Him. If so, why would He want human, and is doing so much for human? Is God soooo... bored to make us and eventually caused Himself a whole lot of trouble?

Didn't God create humans so that he could live with them for eternity and have another worshipping creation other than angels? I mean that's what Adam and Eve were created for and is our eventual destination when God comes back to earth to eradicate Satan and sin once and for all isn't it?

Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟24,854.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
We are ultra special cos The Bridegroom loves His Bride to be...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Didn't God create humans so that he could live with them for eternity and have another worshipping creation other than angels? I mean that's what Adam and Eve were created for and is our eventual destination when God comes back to earth to eradicate Satan and sin once and for all isn't it?

The Bible teaches us that human in the Heaven will be at higher level than angels. So, the power structure in the Heaven would be: God > human > angel.
Now the question becomes: WHY would God want another level of service to Him between Him and angel? Why is human better than angel in the Heaven? Why is human NOT better than angel on the earth?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Bible teaches us that human in the Heaven will be at higher level than angels. So, the power structure in the Heaven would be: God > human > angel.
Now the question becomes: WHY would God want another level of service to Him between Him and angel? Why is human better than angel in the Heaven? Why is human NOT better than angel on the earth?

Because unlike angels we sin right? The problem of sin needs to be eradicated before we are higher than the Angels. At least I'm guessing.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Well, Would you give your life and die for a bunch of losers who hate you??
That is how much He loves us.

Its true that I would lay down my life for God but I see your point. Most of the human race rejects and despises God and God died for all humanity. So that shows Gods love for us because God hates sin and yet he was willing to come down from heaven to eradicate sin once and for all instead of give them the punishment they deserve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

John 17:21

21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

I mean WOW! To have the same loving relationship with Almighty God (creator of everything - knowledge of the entire universe) like Jesus has ... I can't imagine .... I can't imagine ;o)

To experience True Love ... and everyone being that way? I can't imagine!

1 John 4

8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.

Yes, I want to experience and live in His love ... for eternity. Amen.

No more pain ... no more sorrow .... that I can imagine ;o)

God Bless all.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Screenshot_20190222_084816.png

Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Because unlike angels we sin right? The problem of sin needs to be eradicated before we are higher than the Angels. At least I'm guessing.

Not really. Angels sin too. They are called fallen angels.
In different from us, they are put in the "fallen" category for just committed sin ONCE. And there is no redemption (Salvation) for them. God treat His angels much much harsher than us. This is the first thing that shows God loves us much much more than loving His angels.

However, I think there are more reasons for the fact that God loves us so much. For example, WHY do we have Salvation, but angels do not? God knows Adam will sin. But God still creates Adam. Why does He want to create a being who is so easy to sin, and so hard for Him to deal with (so He has to DIE for us, that is too serious). Why would God want to do that? What benefit can God have by taking that kind of trouble? Did God over-do it? If you were God, would you want to create a being like human?

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Not really. Angels sin too. They are called fallen angels.
In different from us, they are put in the "fallen" category for just committed sin ONCE. And there is no redemption (Salvation) for them. God treat His angels much much harsher than us. This is the first thing that shows God loves us much much more than loving His angels.

However, I think there are more reasons for the fact that God loves us so much. For example, WHY do we have Salvation, but angels do not? God knows Adam will sin. But God still creates Adam. Why does He want to create a being who is so easy to sin, and so hard for Him to deal with (so He has to DIE for us, that is too serious). Why would God want to do that? What benefit can God have by taking that kind of trouble? Did God over-do it? If you were God, would you want to create a being like human?

I didn't really count the fallen angels because they're not typical angels. The angels that live in heaven with God right now have NEVER sinned and never will sin. We are different from those angels because we are plagued with sin and they are pure, holy, righteous.

But you are right we are above the fallen angels because God died to save us and not the fallen angels. So God must love us more and consider us still pure like the angels. I guess. I really dk.

Upvote 0