Just heard

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
Today at lunch I was told the end of the world will be May 21, 2011.
eyes.gif
10_small3.gif
What do you make of this hysteria promoted by Harold Camping? I was told it was all over the inter net. Apparently not because I had to make a second effort to find it. It is also being published in the Huffington Post. I see it hadn't made it to the Eschatology board. I don't have much respect for Harold Camping either. I think that it is promoting paranoia.
## I could say, but it would violate TOS.

It's on Youtube - as are re-actions to it. Some of them equally unTOSable.

HC has form - this is his third time, and he said nothing about compensating the gullible souls who spend money buying his absurd books. They're all as bad as each other, these prophecy harlots: they foretell the certain coming of Jesus, to the very day; write trashy books "proving" that the Almighty is behind their game; makes squillions from the gullible souls who swallow their drivel; their prediction is falsified; they start again.

The only coming they are fit for is that of the law, to take them away and bang them up where they can deceive nobody without the risk of having their faces re-arranged for them. They aren't disciplined by any, they aren't called to account, they make the Christian ministry another form of fraud & lying, loathsome to decent men who would never call themselves Christians.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hairy Tic

May 4, 2005
✟2,144.00
Faith
Catholic
I happened on his radio program last fall and listened to it then, A friend recently asked me if there were any signs on the end coming. The next day I drove past a large billboard, by Camping, which read, "I AM COMNG - JESUS". I suppose Christians really can't argue with that, but then . . .
## Is Jesus illiterate ? Most of us can spell "Coming".

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I happened on his radio program last fall and listened to it then, A friend recently asked me if there were any signs on the end coming. The next day I drove past a large billboard, by Camping, which read, "I AM COMNG - JESUS". I suppose Christians really can't argue with that, but then . . .
## Is Jesus illiterate ? Most of us can spell "Coming".

:)
I wonder how he would have spelled this word :p

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon
Strong's Number G3952 matches the Greek παρουσία (parousia), which occurs 24 times in 24 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Matthew 24:3 Of sitting yet of Him upon the Mount of the Olives, toward-came to Him the Disciples according to own saying "be telling to us when? shall these-things be and what? the Sign of the Thy parousiaV <3952> and the together-finish of the Age"
[Daniel 12/1Corin 15:23/Revelation 19:11]

Textus Rec.) Matthew 24:3 kaqhmenou de autou epi tou orouV twn elaiwn proshlqon autw oi maqhtai kat idian legonteV eipe hmin pote tauta estai kai ti to shmeion thV shV parousiaV kai thV sunteleiaV tou aiwnoV

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Matthew 24:3 Of sitting yet of Him upon the Mount of the Olives, toward-came to Him the Disciples according to own saying "be telling to us when? shall these-things be and what? the Sign of the Thy parousiaV <3952> and the together-finish of the Age"
LOL, lamb you scoundrel. We can't all the sudden have proper translations on the G.T. thread now can we? What would people think!

"I am PRESENT - Jesus"
:)
Fortunately the NKJV corrected the erroneous use of the greek word #165, as most Bible versions use "age" for that word from what I can tell. :wave:

Strong's Number G165 matches the Greek &#945;&#7984;&#8061;&#957; (ai&#333;n), which occurs 128 times in 102 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV
AV &#8212; ever 71, world 38, never + 3364 + 1519 + 3588 6, evermore 4, age 2, eternal 2, misc 5

Search for 'Genesis 1:1' in the version

KJV) Matthew 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

NKJV) Matthew 24:3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what [will be] the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today at lunch I was told the end of the world will be May 21, 2011.What do you make of this hysteria promoted by Harold Camping? I was told it was all over the inter net. Apparently not because I had to make a second effort to find it. It is also being published in the Huffington Post. I see it hadn't made it to the Eschatology board. I don't have much respect for Harold Camping either. I think that it is promoting paranoia.
i think his world will end May 21, 2011.:sorry:^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He will probably bring up an excuse, that he inadvertantly transposed the numbers :)

He did say that he'd miscalculated. Camping had done some very interesting work prior to this, showing a reasonable basis for thinking that the end of the age is much closer than most of us assume.

But when he went beyond that to set an actual date, it caused most people to think of him only as another guy who guessed at the date of the second coming and got it wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0