Just for once let us all try to be honest.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,050.00
Faith
Pentecostal
In other words you like make believe.

there is no valid evidence at all that it was inspired by God. In fact its countless error, bad morals, self contradictions, etc tell us that it is a very flawed work of man.

But you are not "trusting God". You are trusting the relatively uneducated writers of the Bible. There is a huge difference.
You may keep scoffing if you wish. There is evidence of God all around you. But you will not see it. You are not seeking after God, but merely mock and scoff at those who do. Your heart is hardened. I don't know why, but it is. You find God with your heart. If you don't seek for him you won't find him.

But you may continue to mock and scoff. My soul is well.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Mobezom

Oct 30, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
✟17,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What evidence is this?

"I have all the evidence, I have the best evidence, no-one has more respect for evidence than I, all the evidences love me..." -- Trump

Also, "you're only doubting because you can't love" - is that really your sales pitch? *scoff*

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You may keep scoffing if you wish. There is evidence of God all around you. But you will not see it. You are not seeking after God, but merely mock and scoff at those who do. Your heart is hardened. I don't know why, but it is. You find God with your heart. If you don't seek for him you won't find him.

If that weak reply is all that you have then you should not complain if people mock and scoff. I have not done so yet. I have merely pointed out that you have no valid evidence for your beliefs. But then I have found that many people do not understand the nature of evidence.

And I never claimed that I was seeking after God, I have known those that did and were extremely earnest in their attempts and nothing happened.

But if there is supposed evidence for your God you should be able to list it here. I am betting that you will fail.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No the first Amendment doesn't say that. It says we cannot make a law for the establishment of a religion and cannot make a law to prohibit the free exercise thereof.

It's cute when people think the entirety of legal thought on a subject can be distilled to a verbatim reading of one half of one clause of one amendment.

The intent of the First Amendment is clearly established in the Christian references scriptures traditions and monuments that are replete within our government and withing the government buildings and property that were built and formed during the early years if this country.

I don't know where you're getting this part in bold (I suspect David Barton) but it could not be more wrong. None of the building and and monuments from the early years of our country survive other than the White House and parts of the Capital building.
- The White House doesn't have any overt Christian symbolism.
- The Capital dome, built in the 1860s, is a pagan Roman basilica.
- The Washington Monument, finished in the 1880s, is a Masonically inspired pagan obelisk.
- The Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, both from the 20th Century, are pagan Greek temples.
- The Supreme Court building, another pagan Greek temple, does have some Christian and Jewish imagery, but it has other images of Mohammed, Confucious and others.

I actually have the Constitution on my side as well as history.

Lemon v. Kurtzman says otherwise.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,572.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

So you do not have faith as you claimed? You have evidence instead?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We all know it is [even creationists know] but just how badly in your opinion is creationism damaging the USA?
short and long term.

The first thing that springs to mind is education.

What springs to mind for me, is a person's ability to put well evidenced reality in front of closely held religious beliefs.

Some can, some can't, depending on their psychological makeup. In some, it is far too painful to acknowledge their personal faith belief is wrong, so they need to use defense mechanisms; denial, confirmation bias etc. to protect their belief, even in the face of overwhelming objective evidence.

Some get to the point of acknowledging reality and some don't and I find it highly interesting to observe on this site.

Upvote 0