Just for Kicks - How come nobody posts pictures?

Southern Cross

Conservative Republican Hippy People Shooter
Oct 29, 2004
Sunny Central Florida, USA (woo hoo!)
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was floating around the forums this evening, and wow, do you realize the marriage forum probably has the least number of contributers that have thier pictures posted? I was wondering why. I mean, don't you like to know who you are talking to? Or, do you feel some comfort in remaining anonymous?

I've posted a lot of details about my marriage out there, and man, I think if I posted my picture, some schmo in my life would recognize it then know all about me. Or I'd be out at a restaurant and some nut would come up and start talking to me about my marriage, LOL!

So why don't more of y'all have your pictures posted?

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fruitrach said:

And what a cute picture that is!!

I have a picture of my kids posted. I had it as my avatar but my husband got freaked out when that woman was killed and her baby taken by the woman she met in an online chat forum. So he asked me to take it down.

I need to have my husband take my picture so I can replace the one of the kids, with one of myself.

Upvote 0

heartnsoul

Don't settle for less than God's best!
Nov 3, 2004
in the palm of God's hand
✟11,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Svt4Him said:
Because I'm just darn ugly. :cry:

:p
LOL!! You are too funny. :D Today has been a great day for laughs on this forum. It's wonderful to see people with a super sense of humor.

And even if you are ugly...remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. God thinks you're beautiful no matter what.:amen:

Upvote 0

Southern Cross

Conservative Republican Hippy People Shooter
Oct 29, 2004
Sunny Central Florida, USA (woo hoo!)
✟17,034.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Svt4Him said:
Because I'm just darn ugly. :cry: :p

Ouch! I sincerely doubt that! But, hmmm, lots of folks do have pictures posted. I think maybe I'll post one of mine tonight. I have to decide if I want Aragorn's head on my body first, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Agape4u

Jun 3, 2004
O.S., MS
Visit site
✟7,857.00
Faith
Christian
Redguard said:
My pic is in my sig, but I'm considering changing it to a 'non-picture' sig.

No don't change it...I think it's cool...kinda retro looking.

Southern Cross, Are you asking why we don't have a thread with all of us posting our pics? or why we don't have our pics in our profile?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GirlieGirl

Jesus
Feb 1, 2004
✟16,452.00
Faith
Christian
You'd all start hating me because I'm so beautiful.

Wahahaha!
rofl.gif
Just kidding. No I really think posting pictures is a bad idea. The internet is not a safe place. I'm surprised that CF allows it let alone has it's only sub forum for it! Anybody could be stalked based all the personal info that gets passed around here. And some sue-happy person would be bound to try collect from Erwin (CF founder) for whatever they could. Just a bad idea in my book.
naw.gif

Upvote 0

heartnsoul

Don't settle for less than God's best!
Nov 3, 2004
in the palm of God's hand
✟11,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I, too, am concerned about stalkers out there. I had a college ex-boyfriend stalk me for 10 years after we graduated and it took moving away to finally get him out of my life. No matter who I dated, he would send me flowers, call me and send me love letters all the time. So I would prefer to remain anonymous...and besides, just like GirlieGirl, you'd all hate me because I'm beautiful too! ...JUST KIDDING!! :p

Upvote 0