Just a small prayer request

Sean524

Jun 25, 2003
West Virginia
Visit site
✟7,711.00
Faith
Christian
I've felt distant from God lately, and I've battled back some, but I fell hard tonight, and I fell deliberately. I really need a new beginning in my life for God, I need a complete turnaround and I'm having trouble breaking those chains and getting back in the right mindset. I just spent a long time repenting to God, and I think a new beginning is coming, but I still feel bad. Actually, it's kinda cool, my youth minister called me tonight and told me my church is starting a new class tomorrow for people who have become Christians in the past 2 years called "back to basics." I think that's just what I need.

I just wanted to ask for prayer that those chains be broken and that I really can get back to basics and get a fresh start in devoting my life to Him. I know God has forgiven me, but I just feel awful for hurting Him. Well, I should, really.

I'm a hypocrite, I'm proud, judgmental, dishonest, lazy, inconsistent, etc. etc. etc. and I need help breaking the cycle.

Thanks

God Bless You :)

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Sean524,
Sounds like you have made your start. "Confess your sins...." Now put on some uplifting worship music and get to a private place and worship Him. Sing, weep, croak, whatever you can do but worship Him for who HE IS, our risen Lord!
King David knew this was the key to opening the door to God's heart. The Davidic temple worshipped 24 hours a day, never ceasing to praise Him. Worship is the key to open the gates of Heaven. Use the key Sean524 and enter into His awesome presence with thanksgiving and praise!
We all fight these same battles. That's what is so wonderful about these forums, we can come together and lift one another up. Have you ever heard the story of the eagles when they lose their feathers? (molt -sp?) If not, and would like to hear it, let me know, I'll tell it to you. It will BLESS you. It is a picture of how the Body of Christ is to help one another!
Be blessed Sean534!
~DJ
~DJ

Upvote 0

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
Sean524 said:
I've felt distant from God lately, and I've battled back some, but I fell hard tonight, and I fell deliberately. I really need a new beginning in my life for God, I need a complete turnaround and I'm having trouble breaking those chains and getting back in the right mindset. I just spent a long time repenting to God, and I think a new beginning is coming, but I still feel bad. Actually, it's kinda cool, my youth minister called me tonight and told me my church is starting a new class tomorrow for people who have become Christians in the past 2 years called "back to basics." I think that's just what I need.

I just wanted to ask for prayer that those chains be broken and that I really can get back to basics and get a fresh start in devoting my life to Him. I know God has forgiven me, but I just feel awful for hurting Him. Well, I should, really.

I'm a hypocrite, I'm proud, judgmental, dishonest, lazy, inconsistent, etc. etc. etc. and I need help breaking the cycle.

Thanks

God Bless You :)

God I pray that You touch Sean524. Guide him in the right direction. Guide him on the path that You have intended. I humbly ask that You fill him with peace and relieve his pain.

It is relieving when a person can admit their faults. Sometimes this truth actually hurts. But, after the inital shock many times a person will feel renewed. Keep praying and heed the word of God.

My emoticons aren't working so I give you a hug!

Upvote 0
Sean,
it can be incredibly hard to cast off the chains of our past way of life, but remember that you are not alone when you are trying. Call upon God in your hour of need, His Spirit will fill you, uplift and hold you.
If you fail, remember you are only human and if you go to him with a contrite heart, God will forgive you, no matter how many times you have to go to him with the same problem.
It sounds like you are very contrite and have taken this to God and that is brilliant. He has heard and answered in the form of the group your pastor called about. Be strong, you can do it, we are all here on the boards to help if you need it, and no matter what happens remember God loves you.
I'll be praying for you as you move from your old ways to your new life in Christ.
Go with God always
Eve

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums