Dallas
✟947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To be precise, I’m not comparing the vaccine to Nazi Germany. I’m expressing concern over the social and psychological effects of this entire pandemic, and how vaccination status is being used to vilify, exclude, hate on, or fire people, on both sides of the debate. People have been fired for getting vaccinated if their employer was against the vaccines, and they’ve been fired for refusing the vaccine, too. It’s getting weird, and overly emotional. Both sides are hiding data, giving worst-case scenarios, and refusing to respect others’ choices and concerns. I blame the media for this.

It's not overly emotional, it's bad for business. There is nothing to respect about not getting vaccinated. Even the biggest conspiracy theory believer, Trump, said to get vaccinated.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not overly emotional, it's bad for business. There is nothing to respect about not getting vaccinated. Even the biggest conspiracy theory believer, Trump, said to get vaccinated.
It’s a choice.

• Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are over-spiritualizing and over-moralizing a bit of fluid shot into the arm, which is not even as effective as we were told it would be. We are allowing the media to convince us to turn on each other, vilify each other, and ostracize each other over a personal medical choice. That is stupid.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,016,111.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So is killing someone.
Oh wait.

Media hype has stirred up hatred towards the unvaccinated.

I myself have elected not to get the jab, yet. My choice.

I work in a very public place. Have handled goods, money etc since the start of the pandemic. I may have already had Covid! Almost everyone i meet has been jabbed. Some, like me, prefer not to, yet.

No animosity shown towards me where i work. Its seems like its the media that stirs people up to become inhuman and uncaring.

We dont live in a dictatorship. God gave us free will too.

Stop hurling nasty words etc at those that have made a choice that goes against 'your' choice.

Be kind. Be Christian.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

SacredHorseGhost

Aug 31, 2021
Dallas
✟947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We are over-spiritualizing and over-moralizing a bit of fluid shot into the arm, which is not even as effective as we were told it would be. We are allowing the media to convince us to turn on each other, vilify each other, and ostracize each other over a personal medical choice. That is stupid.
Not getting vaccinated against a horrific disease is. What possible reason could you have for not getting vaccinated despite the overwhelming evidence of it being beneficial? Are you worried it's going to mutate your DNA? ITS A SHOT INTO THE ARM.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,016,111.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Not getting vaccinated against a horrific disease is. What possible reason could you have for not getting vaccinated despite the overwhelming evidence of it being beneficial? Are you worried it's going to mutate your DNA? ITS A SHOT INTO THE ARM.

ITS A CHOICE.

• Winner
Upvote 0

SacredHorseGhost

Aug 31, 2021
Dallas
✟947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I work in a very public place. Have handled goods, money etc since the start of the pandemic. I may have already had Covid! Almost everyone i meet has been jabbed. Some, like me, prefer not to, yet.

No animosity shown towards me where i work. Its seems like its the media that stirs people up to become inhuman and uncaring.

That is how sin entered the world. I like your use of the word yet. I have no idea what goes on in your head. What are you attempting to accomplish? You need the freedom to not get vaccinated until you need hospitalization and take care away from other patients and expose others? How does that make sense?

Stop hurling nasty words etc at those that have made a choice that goes against 'your' choice.

I am not using nasty words.

Be kind. Be Christian.
Be vaccinated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am concerned about how our media has manipulated this pandemic into a bizarre, Nazi-esque narrative seeking to turn people against one another and slowly but surely strip away our rights. Our right to assemble, worship, travel, breathe fresh air, and make choices about what medications we do and do not take. All over a virus which is 98-99 % survivable. It’s silly, and disturbing how aggressive some people get.

Eternal life matters more than whether you do or do not get a vaccine. People have a right to be vaccinated if that is what they want. Absolutely. But people also should have a right to decline this vaccine.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,016,111.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

What possible reason could you have for not giving up alcohol or drugs despite the overwhelming evidence of them being detrimental and harmful to the person taking them or the public on the recieving end of car fatalities and innumerable crimes and murders?

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Be kind. Be Christian.

If not hatred, at the very least, it may not have caused friendships to be breached, however, it is causing the vaccinated friends to stop hanging out with their unvaccinated friends for health reasons.

Friend A: "Hey, want to hang out?"

Friend B: "Sure, are you vaccinated?"

Friend A: "No"

Friend B: "okay, you plan on wearing a mask?"

Friend A: "No, I have confidence in my immune system...namaste."

Friend B: Sorry, it's not a good idea unless you can do either.

Friend B is being a mindful friend to that of the unvaccinated. They are like "Call me when you can do either", but you may not get the call.

The "Namaste" reference is kind of poking fun at their holistic approach to the virus.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is how sin entered the world. I like your use of the word yet. I have no idea what goes on in your head. What are you attempting to accomplish? You need the freedom to not get vaccinated until you need hospitalization and take care away from other patients and expose others? How does that make sense?

I am not using nasty words.

Be vaccinated.

Referencing the bolded....those here that choose not to vaccinate are part the problem of filling up the hospital beds to those who need hospitalization (not sure that's the right way to phrase that though, but you get the idea), ie cancer treatments, cardiac events, snake bites, etc.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,016,111.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If not hatred, at the very least, it may not have caused friendships to be breached, however, it is causing the vaccinated friends to stop hanging out with their unvaccinated friends for health reasons.

Friend A: "Hey, want to hang out?"

Friend B: "Sure, are you vaccinated?"

Friend A: "No"

Friend B: "okay, you plan on wearing a mask?"

Friend A: "No, I have confidence in my immune system...namaste."

Friend B: Sorry, it's not a good idea unless you can do either.

Friend B is being a mindful friend to that of the unvaccinated. They are like "Call me when you can do either", but you may not get the call.

The "Namaste" reference is kind of poking fun at their holistic approach to the virus.

I have lots of vaccinated friends and work colleagues who dont act like that!

Why should a vaccinated person be so scared?

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Referencing the bolded....those here that choose not to vaccinate are part the problem of filling up the hospital beds to those who need hospitalization, ie cancer treatments, cardiac events, snake bites, etc.
This is what the media is telling you. However. Locally, I know of a Delta outbreak at a nursing home. Every single one of those people, both staff and residents, was fully vaccinated. Now the entire facility is under quarantine. The local media is not talking about this. Not a word.

Not everything we are told by the news is true, gives the right impression, or gives enough information for us to get a clear picture of what is happening. Almost everything the media has told us about this virus and the vaccines have had to be corrected, walked back, or revised by the same media.

I am deeply sympathetic to those folks who have just decided that our media can not be trusted anymore, which is sad, because we need reliable, helpful information right now. So, I’m going to rely on my senses, experience, face to face information gleaned from neighbors, and convictions to guide how I behave from here on out. Not the news. Not any media outlets. Unfortunately, we are very much on our own with this.

• Winner
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have lots of vaccinated friends and work colleagues who dont act like that!

Why should a vaccinated person be so scared?

Because I don't want a friend to wind up in the hospital if I should pass it on to them. I am doing it for them.

Also, I don't to be laid out for a week, should I get it. It's also a dating dealbreaker for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is what the media is telling you. However. Locally, I know of a Delta outbreak at a nursing home. Every single one of those people, both staff and residents, was fully vaccinated. Now the entire facility is under quarantine. The local media is not talking about this. Not a word.

Not everything we are told by the news is true, gives the right impression, or gives enough information for us to get a clear picture of what is happening. Almost everything the media has told us about this virus and the vaccines have had to be corrected, walked back, or revised by the same media.

I am deeply sympathetic to those folks who have just decided that our media can not be trusted anymore, which is sad, because we need reliable, helpful information right now. So, I’m going to rely on my senses, experience, face to face information gleaned from neighbors, and convictions to guide how I behave from here on out. Not the news. Not any media outlets. Unfortunately, we are very much on our own with this.

It's not coming from the media, it's coming from personal friends that are front liners and nurses. I don't need the media to know this.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Referencing the bolded....those here that choose not to vaccinate are part the problem of filling up the hospital beds to those who need hospitalization (not sure that's the right way to phrase that though, but you get the idea), ie cancer treatments, cardiac events, snake bites, etc.
I read this morning about another unnecessary issue filling up hospital beds in Oklahoma. People overdosing on Ivermectin livestock dewormer. Many, many Ivermectin ODs are preventing others from getting the emergency care they need. It's sad how people are not considering the implications their actions have on our entire American society. There seems to be no unity in a fight against the common enemy coronavirus. People would rather worry about themselves than how to help America recover from the pandemic sooner. If Americans still felt like one team we wouldn't need to have mask mandates or vaccination mandates. Neighbors would be willing to get vaccinated to help each other instead of this polarized, defensive backlash we see. I mean unhinged nutbuckets are shooting people and creating violence over the very suggestion to wear a mask please.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read this morning about another unnecessary issue filling up hospital beds in Oklahoma. People overdosing on Ivermectin livestock dewormer. Many, many Ivermectin ODs are preventing others from getting the emergency care they need. It's sad how people are not considering the implications their actions have on our entire American society. There seems to be no unity in a fight against the common enemy coronavirus. People would rather worry about themselves than how to help America recover from the pandemic sooner. If Americans still felt like one team we wouldn't need to have mask mandates or vaccination mandates. Neighbors would be willing to get vaccinated to help each other instead of this polarized, defensive backlash we see. I mean unhinged nutbuckets are shooting people and creating violence over the very suggestion to wear a mask please.

I was on a coffee date with one of those holistic nutjobs....We were having a good time talking, and she said "I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist....so what do you think about....<conspiracy theory>"

The question wasn't Covid related though, but it did raise an eyebrow for me to think she's ADMITTED tobeing a conspiracy theorist. lol

Later on, she told me she was unvaccinated, and cancelled our 2nd date because she was afraid SHE'D kill someone....I was wondering if she was being sarcastic though. She later told me she's tired of talking Covid so I avoided the conversation...but, I can't help but bring it up on occasion....but each time I'd bring it up...she'd shut down (ghost).

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0