Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett paid 2 men to orchestrate assault, reports say
Police say 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett staged attack - St. Lucia News Online
Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to participate in alleged attack, source says

Okay, I am actually getting upset. I really wanted to believe this Jussie Smollett and I have posts on this forum condemning the "attackers". I understand that people may not agree with Donald Trump....but really? I really don't know what to think at this point. I am really curious as to how liberals are going to spin this into another excuse to hate Trump and his supporters.

Last edited:

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I live within walking distance of the area of the supposed attack. It didn't add up. It's an affluent neighborhood filled with young professionals. His story didn't fit the demographic.

Upvote 0

jkjk

초능력을 쓴다
Sep 28, 2018
Mombasa
✟27,043.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to participate in alleged attack, source says

Okay, I am actually getting upset. I really wanted to believe this Jussie Smollett and I have posts on this forum condemning the "attackers". I understand that people may not agree with Donald Trump....but really? I really don't know what to think at this point. I am really curious as to how liberals are going to spin this into another excuse to hate Trump and his supporters.
I wish this could be another lesson that we must always seek the truth and refrain from judgment until we know the facts. But I am not hopeful.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

I am sure that the people who are the maddest at him are those colored people who actually suffer from racial attacks.

He should have to pay for the trouble he caused police, and his credibility is propably tainted for the rest of his life.

But anyone who points at this and says "see, all liberals are untrostworthy" (and I dont say that you do so, jason) isnt much better.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sure that the people who are the maddest at him are those colored people who actually suffer from racial attacks.

He should have to pay for the trouble he caused police, and his credibility is propably tainted for the rest of his life.

But anyone who points at this and says "see, all liberals are untrostworthy" (and I dont say that you do so, jason) isnt much better.
I see where you are coming from. However, I am beginning to see a trend. How many people were labeled racists and homophobic bigots because they had the audacity of questioning this man's false claim? Smollett even cried to news reporters how he was "Angry with the attackers", meaning the people who were "attacking" the false claim. How many people were labeled "anti-woman" and pro-rape" for the audacity of questioning Kavanagh's accusers? How many people were called racists against Native Americans because they did not believe the false narrative to vilify a young boy with a MAGA hat? With things like this popping up, is there any question anymore where all the racial tension is coming from? Is the hatred for Trump that great that people are compelled to create a race war in this country in order to delegitimize him? Oh, an how quickly the media went into a frenzy about this whole thing. I apologize if I am venting. When people are having meltdowns as to why Trump is reelected in 2020, this is your answer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
With things like this popping up, is there any question anymore where all the racial tension is coming from?
I dont think that all of the racial tension comes from false flag attacks, misunderstandings and wrong behaviour by the supposedly oppressed. Maybe they are more visible for you because they feed into your bias.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think one of the main problems of our current society is that people have no more attention for simple, carefully researched news. Everything has to be breaking, everything has to be commentated, everything has to include a narrative. There needs to be a good guy, there needs to be a bad guy, there needs to be a story arc and action. The stakes need to always be high, be it geopolitics, a new discovery by scientists or the marriage of some minor starlett.

Basically, people are expecting an action thriller in every story, and when the real facts come out, the experts had time to deliberate and a clear picture presents itself, public attention has already shifted to the next story.

Personally, I blame MTV.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

It's to distract from what is to come.

This will provide months, even years of arguments between the prejudiced looking for a reason to be prejudiced, the ignorant, and the victimized (who now may look bad just from the mention of a hoax).

It even has you falling for the trap: going straight to the moniker of political division as a way to contextually drive the collective consciousness of those who share similar views. (This is unconscious for most people.)

There is no spin to it: your emotion and culture specially created just for you is being used to exploit your mentality through prejudicial activation.

When a similar thread was up, everyone talked about MAGA vs [insert alleged group here]. Will people ever learn that they are being exploited through all of their prejudices?

Btw... what Jussie did, if a hoax, is par the course for the world right now, although it would be diabolical and disgusting at the very least.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I think one of the main problems of our current society is that people have no more attention for simple, carefully researched news. Everything has to be breaking, everything has to be commentated, everything has to include a narrative. There needs to be a good guy, there needs to be a bad guy, there needs to be a story arc and action. The stakes need to always be high, be it geopolitics, a new discovery by scientists or the marriage of some minor starlett.

Basically, people are expecting an action thriller in every story, and when the real facts come out, the experts had time to deliberate and a clear picture presents itself, public attention has already shifted to the next story.

Personally, I blame MTV.

This is called a psychological operation (psyop). It isn't conspiracy theory; it is declassified in several Western nations as a way to target entire groups of people for the purposes of shaping their thinking.

Psyop like these are good for distracting from legislation passed, or impending "doom". As long as there are humans, there will be a psychological exploitation of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If the allegations are true, and it looks like they are, this itself is a hate crime, against our society. It bred more racial animosity and distrust into a society that cannot afford it. And it is not victimless. The bitterness will come out one way and/or the other.

This Smollett guy is a friend of Kamala Harris. She is running for president. She also has introduced "anti-lynching" legislation in the Senate. As soon as the alleged attack broke news, Harris put out a statement about it being a "modern-day lynching". Was this a coordinated effort by them to get the legislation passed on sheer momentum and to advance the perception of Harris' leadership? Why did Smollett resist giving his phone to the authorities?

Conjecture at this point, but the number of false hate crimes against minorities in recent years is very large indeed, and each time a complicit Big Media runs with the ball for maximum yardage, and it seems they increasingly care less about facts. I'm glad that in the case of the Catholic pro-life kids, they have a lawyer that is attempting to sue the pants off those who liabled the kids and refused to timely recant. Maybe hitting pocketbooks is the only way we have of fighting back against what ironically are hate crimes against the nation itself.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
If the allegations are true, and it looks like they are, this itself is a hate crime, against our society. It bred more racial animosity and distrust into a society that cannot afford it. And it is not victimless. The bitterness will come out one way and/or the other.

This Smollett guy is a friend of Kamala Harris. She is running for president. She also has introduced "anti-lynching" legislation in the Senate. As soon as the alleged attack broke news, Harris put out a statement about it being a "modern-day lynching". Was this a coordinated effort by them to get the legislation passed on sheer momentum and to advance the perception of Harris' leadership? Why did Smollett resist giving his phone to the authorities?

Conjecture at this point, but the number of false hate crimes against minorities in recent years is very large indeed, and each time a complicit Big Media runs with the ball for maximum yardage, and it seems they increasingly care less about facts. I'm glad that in the case of the Catholic pro-life kids, they have a lawyer that is attempting to sue the pants off those who liabled the kids and refused to timely recant. Maybe hitting pocketbooks is the only way we have of fighting back against what ironically are hate crimes against the nation itself.
Most attacks are not fake, do you have any evidence that most hate crimes are hoaxes? Yet again people make hyperbolic statements without any evidence. Please provide the data that shows the "large" number of false hate crimes. A website with a list of hoaxes does not quantify anything, you need to provide the relative number of hoaxes to real crimes, then compare that to false reports for other crimes to make any of the argument valid.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Most attacks are not fake, do you have any evidence that most hate crimes are hoaxes? Yet again people make hyperbolic statements without any evidence. Please provide the data that shows the "large" number of false hate crimes. A website with a list of hoaxes does not quantify anything, you need to provide the relative number of hoaxes to real crimes, then compare that to false reports for other crimes to make any of the argument valid.

I agree that people do make hyperbolic statements. For instance, I did not say "most" hate crimes are fake. As for the data, since you're so interested in it, perhaps you should go hunt it down, because I don't "need" to do anything.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I agree that people do make hyperbolic statements. For instance, I did not say "most" hate crimes are fake. As for the data, since you're so interested in it, perhaps you should go hunt it down, because I don't "need" to do anything.
You're the one making the claim that number of false hate crimes is very large, how do you quantify that? If you're saying it's large, relative to what? You are making a statement about the quantity with no evidence. It is up to you to prove your claim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You're the one making the claim that number of false hate crimes is very large, how do you quantify that? If you're saying it's large, relative to what? You are making a statement about the quantity with no evidence. It is up to you to prove your claim.
Ah, so you have no culpability in blatantly misrepresenting what I said, and I have to do your research. I see. Feel free to ignore my posts if you wish.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
If the allegations are true, and it looks like they are, this itself is a hate crime, against our society.

That is extreme; it isn't like Jussie got the idea from a vacuum (if true): people have been falsely accused of much worse, with much less sympathy from the people. My female cousin can claim she got raped by a black man in America without people questioning her because the precedent has been set, and sustained.

It is definitely a crime, and egregious action.

It bred more racial animosity and distrust into a society that cannot afford it. And it is not victimless. The bitterness will come out one way and/or the other.

Racism has been birthed, bred and nourished in the States since its foundation. The animosity continues to exist because America as a nation fails to take the opportunities afforded to them to address and heal the racism itself. It is always ignored until an event happens such that the entirety of the racial weight can be placed upon "that thing". That isn't healing or dealing with problems; that is deflection of the problems.

People who are hyphenated, second-rate citizens of the nation for which they pay taxes should be bitter - they have the right to be. However, it is not often they are the bitter ones.

Do you know the joke is on you if you think that Republicans and Democrats actually oppose each other? Why even take bait of attaching this to a political facet?

You do know Jussie is gay; before it came out that there were holes, people were already calling it fake (for very sinister reasons the rules cannot allow me to post). Jussie is also a young, gay man. It isn't hard to understand why a gay celebrity male wouldn't want his phone to be in the hands of Chicago P.D. Chicago P.D. rivals the LAPD and NYPD in corruption - nothing uncommon considering it is the 3th largest city by population.

Conjecture at this point, but the number of false hate crimes against minorities in recent years is very large indeed, and each time a complicit Big Media runs with the ball for maximum yardage, and it seems they increasingly care less about facts.

The number of false hate crimes against minorities since they have been allowed to exist in public has been very large. Racism wasn't 10,000 years ago, it is still around today. In the 50s and 60s, black were getting hosed down and attacked by dogs in the streets. That means the "kids'" grandparents, and parents were alive during this time. Those parents taught their kids the same tactics of feigning ignorance, and denial until one cant deny anymore.

In 2001, blacks got a relief from their derision when the new bogeyman became Muslims, and anything that looks like them.

You think this is a bad thing because of politics - i.e. because it makes dems and their followers look bad? I hope not, because unfortunately you miss why this is all bad. It isn't about politics at all.

I'm glad that in the case of the Catholic pro-life kids, they have a lawyer that is attempting to sue the pants off those who liabled the kids and refused to timely recant. Maybe hitting pocketbooks is the only way we have of fighting back against what ironically are hate crimes against the nation itself.

The only hate crime against the nation is the degeneracy of the collective consciousness. The nation's psychology is so malleable and easy to manufacture that any worry about illuminaughty, or deep state is completely unnecessary. The nation would have to lose its superficial prejudices, and its LEFT-RIGHT paradigm in order to have a change at the real crimes against the nation.

That ain't happening any time soon.

Reactions: dgiharris
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Ah, so you have no culpability in blatantly misrepresenting what I said, and I have to do your research. I see. Feel free to ignore my posts if you wish.
You still have failed to provide evidence for your claim. You can try to play word games here, and attempt to change the subject, but it is quite evident you have no evidence to your false claim that a large number of hate crimes are false. Can you provide evidence that would demonstrate your argument is true or do you wish to run away from that statement?

The thing about this false argument is many posters like you make the claim, then refuse to back it up, it's a perennial argument in threads about hate crimes, but there is never any evidence provided to demonstrate the argument. It's not surprising, it's a baseless, false argument.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I really wanted to believe this Jussie Smollett

Why would you 'want' to believe it?

I mean, procedurally, the police have to take the claim seriously and investigate. They've done so, and although I haven't seen something definitive directly from a police source, it's definitely looking like the claim was false.

I am really curious as to how liberals are going to spin this into another excuse to hate Trump and his supporters.

I demand that, if the evidence supports it, the police charge Smollett with filing a false police report.

I have plenty of reasons already to dislike Trump. I don't need any more.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is called a psychological operation (psyop). It isn't conspiracy theory; it is declassified in several Western nations as a way to target entire groups of people for the purposes of shaping their thinking.

Psyop like these are good for distracting from legislation passed, or impending "doom". As long as there are humans, there will be a psychological exploitation of them.

Or as they used to say in the old days, the slight of the hand. Whenever the media is pointing to a leading story I always wonder what they're diverting our attention from. It's an old magician's trick that's still effective. Few question it.

Upvote 0