Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Harold Camping made this prophecy. If you read his interpretations of scripture, you will realize that he is delusional and incompetent. I would say this is on the level of the Hale-Bop Comet spaceship that was coming to pick up those cult followers.
I don't know how the Mayans came up with their date but we shall see.

Upvote 0

The Templar

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.A.
✟4,004.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
God hardened Pharaoh's heart.

Romans 9:17-18
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

We have no idea who is saved and we are commanded to share the Gospel.

So you believe God commands us to do that which is unprofitable? The God of all creation who teaches that His Word does not return void? What would be the purpose? The one true God is not a God of futility, He is the God of purpose and order.
Address the others I listed please, do not dodge. Answer plainly.

There is no quote-unquote elect. It is from the Bible. There's also a difference between foreknowledge and predestination.

I am well aware that the term "the elect" is in the Bible, I am questioning if you understand what the term means.
While you are correct that there is a difference between foreknowledge and predestination, do you understand the difference? Do you understand order and placement in scripture? Sentence structure reveals the order of events such as those He foreknew He also predestined. Why are there any "elect"? Because of Gods foreknowledge, because God knows everything you or I will ever do, say, think, eat or smell. God knows. When "predestination" and "the elect" are thrown around without understanding people get hurt because they feel there is no hope, no chance to repent, no chance to experience the love of God. Yeshua said "I stand at the door and knock", but what you have presented so far tells the seeker "don't bother answering that because everything has already been decided and you are either going to heaven or hell, we're not sure which."

Romans 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinateto be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I. Foreknow
G4267
προγινώσκω
proginōskō
prog-in-oce'-ko
From G4253 and G1097; to know beforehand, that is, foresee: - foreknow (ordain), know (before).

2. Predestinate
G4309
προορίζω
proorizō
pro-or-id'-zo
From G4253 and G3724; to limit in advance, that is, (figuratively) predetermine: - determine before, ordain, predestinate.

I'm so impressed that you have a Strongs!
However, again, you need to consider the order of the sentence presentation before you limit God, His knowledge or His power.

2. The preaching of May 21st, 2011 being the rapture did not divide the church. That's been going on for a while now with the myriad of false doctrines, including free-will salvation. By the way, congregational churches do not equal the Body of Christ. There can be no division of the Body of Christ.

No, not this date in particular but many in general. Do you not know the signs? Has the Good News reached the ends of the earth? Have all men been given the chance to repent?
You may want to consider what God says about prophets whose prophecies do not come true...
My conscience is clear before God despite your accusation of spreading false doctrine. Choice aligns to Gods Word far better that the rat maze theory you have presented as being predestination. Otherwise Eve would have never been deceived and we would not be suffering the effects of the fall.

3. That's an odd statement, because you do that very thing you warn about.

Really? Care to quote where you feel I have done this?

4. You did not provide one bit of Scripture to address your doctrine. Find a verse that says we must accept Christ by our own free-will. You will never find it, because it isn't there. What your doctrine does is take the responsibility of God and imply it to yourself. It is a works based doctrine.

Do you also feel there is no need for confession or repentance? So just to prove there is no such implication, as you have accused, here are a few, but not all, of some scriptures calling for our belief and seeking our trust - from the beginning...
Genesis 15.6:

And he believed the Lord; and the Lord reckoned it to him as righteousness. NRSV

A choice to believe was clearly made here.

Exodus 4.31:

The people believed; and when they heard that the Lord had given heed to the Israelites and that he had seen their misery, they bowed down and worshipped. NRSV

Another choice made.

Exodus 14.31:

Israel saw the great work that the Lord did against the Egyptians. So the people feared the Lord and believed in the Lord and in his servant Moses. NRSV

Another choice!

Numbers 14.11:

And the Lord said to Moses, ‘How long will this people despise me? And how long will they refuse to believe in me, in spite of all the signs that I have done among them?

Not all choices are the right one, people have been known since the very beginning to make bad choices. Eve comes to mind... but in your world of "the elect" and predestination God designed man to be evil and there is, therefore, no fall. That is not what God says in His Word.

2 Chronicles 20.20:

They rose early in the morning and went out into the wilderness of Tekoa; and as they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, ‘Listen to me, O Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem! Believe in the Lord your God and you will be established; believe his prophets.’

If we are, as you claim, simply predestined, why does God call His Prophets to cry out for the people to believe? Everything is fixed, right? It cannot be changed, right?

Isaiah 43.10:

You are my witnesses, says the Lord , and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.

Please explain this comment.
If you stand firmly on predestination this makes no sense, if everything is set by God then you must ask why. Wait, let me check something...all my scripture quotations are in context!

Jonah 3.5:

And the people of Nineveh believed God; they proclaimed a fast, and everyone, great and small, put on sackcloth. NRSV

God sent Jonah to the "evil city" of Nineveh to teach them the truth, why would God do that if all were predestined?

Matthew 9.28:

When he entered the house, the blind men came to him; and Jesus said to them, ‘Do you believe that I am able to do this?’ They said to him, ‘Yes, Lord.’

Why did Jesus bother to ask these men if they believed and what if they had said "no"?

Mark 1.14-15:

Now after John was arrested, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God, and saying, ‘The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God has come near; repent, and believe in the good news.’ NRSV

There is that clear choice again, and from Jesus this time.

Mark 9.23:

Jesus said to him, ‘If you are able!—All things can be done for the one who believes.’ NRSV

Mark 11.23:

Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, “Be taken up and thrown into the sea”, and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe that what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. NRSV

Mark 16.16:

The one who believes and is baptized will be saved; but the one who does not believe will be condemned. NRSV
John 1.12:

But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God, who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God. NRSV

Let me guess, you don't see the clear order of things here do you?
Receive, believe, become a child of God(also known as salvation)

John 3.11-20:

‘Very truly, I tell you, we speak of what we know and testify to what we have seen; yet you do not receive our testimony. If I have told you about earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you about heavenly things? No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven, the Son of Man. And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
‘For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. NRSV

Here is a clear message of choice, otherwise this would have been worded quite differently. We read that everyone who believes is saved while those who do not believe are condemned based upon their choices. Either believe or not, that's it.

John 4.41:

And many more believed because of his word. NRSV

Why did they believe? Did God know they would make the choice to believe? Yes. Did God "plan" their lives? No. They heard and believed.

John 5.24:

Very truly, I tell you, anyone who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and does not come under judgment, but has passed from death to life. NRSV

John 5.44:

How can you believe when you accept glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the one who alone is God? NRSV

These are the words of Jesus to the priests, He says not to seek glory from one another, but He does say to seek glory from Him!

John 6.29:

Jesus answered them, ‘This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.’ NRSV

John 6.35:

Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. NRSV

Clearly a call to a choice, and you said Jesus never called us to believe in Him? What does Jesus say here happens if we do believe in Him? And you said?

John 6.40:

This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.’ NRSV

Care to repeat that claim that Jesus never called people to believe?

John 6.47:

Very truly, I tell you, whoever believes has eternal life. NRSV

Who has eternal life?

John 8.24:

I told you that you would die in your sins, for you will die in your sins unless you believe that I am he.' NRSV

John 8.31:

Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, ‘If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.’ NRSV

John 11.15:

For your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.’ NRSV

John 11.25:

Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this? NRSV

Here Jesus asks directly, do you believe this?

John 11.40:

Jesus said to her, ‘Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?’ NRSV

How do you see this? You asked for where it is said that to believe is required, have you seen enough yet?

John 20.31:

But these are written so that you may come to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through believing you may have life in his name. NRSV

If this is not enough there never will be enough to prove anything to you outside of that which you have chosen to believe already.

quote=Parables;57200458]Romans 3:11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.[/quote]

Speaking of out of context...Read all of Romans 3.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nothing.

We should be living as if any second is our last .

Nothing? That's not what the Bible says about time and judgment:

Jonah 3:3-5

3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Upvote 0

The Templar

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.A.
✟4,004.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Nothing? That's not what the Bible says about time and judgment:

Jonah 3:3-5
3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Was this recorded for us to see an example of time and judgment or as an example of Gods great mercy?
This event has been preserved to demonstrate the great grace and mercy available to all who will believe God and trust in His word.
If you would look at the very text you quote you would clearly see God using the prophet Jonah to warn the people on Nineveh, the people repenting and God showing His mercy.
Odd that you would choose this scripture as it stands in opposition to that which you expound so freely. Clearly there was a choice to be made, and in fact was made in Nineveh on the day Jonah speaks of in this record.

Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you believe God commands us to do that which is unprofitable? The God of all creation who teaches that His Word does not return void? What would be the purpose? The one true God is not a God of futility, He is the God of purpose and order.

This was a response to a reply about the purpose of sharing the Gospel when God already has a elected His saints. It's a good question. I do not believe that God's Word goes in void, some are saved by the Word of God and some are judged by it. The example of this is the picture of a two-edged sword:

In the book of Hebrews and Revelation the Word of God is compared to a twoedged sword:

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Revelation 1:16
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

It has the power to save or condemn someone.

I am well aware that the term "the elect" is in the Bible, I am questioning if you understand what the term means.
While you are correct that there is a difference between foreknowledge and predestination, do you understand the difference? Do you understand order and placement in scripture? Sentence structure reveals the order of events such as those He foreknew He also predestined.

Elect:

G1588
ἐκλεκτός
eklektos
ek-lek-tos'
From G1586; select; by implication favorite: - chosen, elect.

I understand what elect means, it means being chosen by God.

Do you understand order and placement in scripture? Sentence structure reveals the order of events such as those He foreknew He also predestined.

How in the world does this support your doctrine? Regardless of the order, the word predestination is there. It means your destiny of salvation was predetermined. Before you and I were born, God knew and also determined who will be saved. It was, is, and will be His choice.
When "predestination" and "the elect" are thrown around without understanding people get hurt because they feel there is no hope, no chance to repent, no chance to experience the love of God.

When God opened my spiritual eyes to His sovereignty, it trumped the day I "accepted" Christ into my life. There is every bit of hope, because God is a merciful God. What is hope if you are so sure that you accepted Christ in your free will? Do you doubt yourself? We must hope in our salvation:

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

1 Peter 1:13
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

1 Peter 1:21
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

No, not this date in particular but many in general. Do you not know the signs? Has the Good News reached the ends of the earth? Have all men been given the chance to repent?

Yes the Gospel has reached the ends of the earth. The signs are in the Bible, so yes we are given many signs that already have taken place. Here's an interesting question you proposed:

Have all men been given the chance to repent?

No. Not all men have been given a chance to repent. How do you deal with this? How do you deal with the fact that there are some tribes and heathens out there that have not had the chance to accept Christ on their own free-will?

Once you answered that, answer this: How do infants accept Christ in their own free-will if they died too early to understand anything? If you're going to use the "age of accountability" argument, I want you to post Scripture to back that claim up.

I'll show you how the order of things truly works with the verses you posted.

Genesis 15:6
And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Exodus 4:31
And the people believed: and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel, and that he had looked upon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshipped.

Exodus 14:31
And Israel saw that great work which the LORD did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant Moses.

2 Chronicles 20:20

And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Jonah 3:5
So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Matthew 9:28
And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.

As well as ever verse that you searched for the word believe. This is answered in Romans.

Romans 10:13-15
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

It is the Word of God that saves men's souls. It is not because they believed with their own free-will. "How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed?"

Speaking of out of context...Read all of Romans 3.

You tell me what Romans 3:10-11 means.

Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was this recorded for us to see an example of time and judgment or as an example of Gods great mercy?
This event has been preserved to demonstrate the great grace and mercy available to all who will believe God and trust in His word.
If you would look at the very text you quote you would clearly see God using the prophet Jonah to warn the people on Nineveh, the people repenting and God showing His mercy.
Odd that you would choose this scripture as it stands in opposition to that which you expound so freely. Clearly there was a choice to be made, and in fact was made in Nineveh on the day Jonah speaks of in this record.

It's not odd, because it is the Word of God that saves. If it wasn't for Jonah sharing to them the Word of God, they would not have been saved. God imputed unto them righteousness through Christ from the Word of God.

Let me ask you a question. If Jonah did not go, would they have repented? If they did not hear about God whatsoever, would they have a choice in salvation?

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Do not let the Non Believers fool you

May 21st is the day.

All Christian non judgment day believers will join their dirty souled brethren in the fire pits of hell

You can believe in that

All Christians believe in a judgment day. We just don't know when it will be. Only the Father knows. Some Christians are wise and cling to the words of Jesus Christ as opposed to the words of man.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
That's not the attitude we should have for anyone.

Matthew 22:36-39
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

I'm not concerned because I am not saved by man's interpretations of God's words. I am saved by the blood of the Lamb, the Son of the Most High God, the only One which I claim!

Upvote 0

The Templar

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.A.
✟4,004.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
This was a response to a reply about the purpose of sharing the Gospel when God already has a elected His saints.

Chosen because He FOREKNEW them, the choices they would make, the lives they would live and the faith in Him they would have. Why do you choose to ignore and thereby limit Gods power to know, from the beginning, all people?

It's a good question. I do not believe that God's Word goes in void, some are saved by the Word of God and some are judged by it.

By your own example there is shown choice.

The example of this is the picture of a two-edged sword:

In the book of Hebrews and Revelation the Word of God is compared to a twoedged sword:

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Revelation 1:16
And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

It has the power to save if people will hear, again - CHOICE.

Elect:

G1588
ἐκλεκτός
eklektos
ek-lek-tos'
From G1586; select; by implication favorite: - chosen, elect.

I understand what elect means, it means being chosen by God.

Good, now why do you ignore the why of Gods choice?

How in the world does this support your doctrine? Regardless of the order, the word predestination is there. It means your destiny of salvation was predetermined. Before you and I were born, God knew and also determined who will be saved. It was, is, and will be His choice.

Order, God is a God of order. All things happen in His order. Sentence order tells us in which order things happened.

When God opened my spiritual eyes to His sovereignty, it trumped the day I "accepted" Christ into my life. There is every bit of hope, because God is a merciful God. What is hope if you are so sure that you accepted Christ in your free will? Do you doubt yourself? We must hope in our salvation:

1 Thessalonians 5:8
But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

1 Peter 1:13
Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

1 Peter 1:21
Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

You have failed to understand these verses and the meaning of biblical "hope". The hope spoken of in scripture is not this weak, "gee, I hope everything will turn out".
No, this hope is defined in Greek as a verb (used with object)
1. to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.
2. to believe, desire, or trust.
When hope is viewed in the proper context your argument comes to nothing.

Yes the Gospel has reached the ends of the earth. The signs are in the Bible, so yes we are given many signs that already have taken place. Here's an interesting question you proposed:

No sir it has not. Would you like to speak to Bible translators who are working to translate Gods Word into newly discovered languages! New peoples are often found in remote areas of our world, and yet in your personal pride you claim that The Gospel has reached the ends of the earth? How many missionaries do you work with? Which outreach ministries do you have contact with to get such false information?

No. Not all men have been given a chance to repent. How do you deal with this? How do you deal with the fact that there are some tribes and heathens out there that have not had the chance to accept Christ on their own free-will?

By supporting outreach ministries, that is how. What do you do? Rant?

Once you answered that, answer this: How do infants accept Christ in their own free-will if they died too early to understand anything? If you're going to use the "age of accountability" argument, I want you to post Scripture to back that claim up.

Do I detect deflection? Was this the original topic? Or do you feel this is how you get out of answering any of my questions to you?
Have you ever read the book of Job? Psalms? Proverbs?
I have given you scripture to support truth and you still refuse to hear, why should I continue?

I'll show you how the order of things truly works with the verses you posted.

Genesis 15:6
And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Exodus 4:31
And the people believed: and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel, and that he had looked upon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshipped.

Exodus 14:31
And Israel saw that great work which the LORD did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the LORD, and believed the LORD, and his servant Moses.

2 Chronicles 20:20
And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Jonah 3:5
So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them.

Matthew 9:28
And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.

As well as ever verse that you searched for the word believe. This is answered in Romans.

You got it! A simple word search of a single word has derailed your argument, yet I see you continue...

Romans 10:13-15
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

It is the Word of God that saves men's souls. It is not because they believed with their own free-will. "How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed?"

Choice, why do you refuse to see the choice that has to be made?
In these verses alone is the proof of choice, but continue.

You tell me what Romans 3:10-11 means.

More deflection? I said read ALL of Romans 3, not just the parts you like.

Better yet, read the whole Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It matters not. The end is nigh

Have fun in hell

Hell is not a place to "have fun" in. Hell is where the souls of all who have not believed, who have been misled, who have chosen to follow Satan go for all eternity. If we accept God, His Son and Holy Spirit and are obedient to His commands; if we choose to live our lives for Him rather than for Satan's ends, Jesus promises with His own blood that He has prepared a place for us in heaven. Hell is not that which Christian Brothers and Sisters wish for anyone any more than God wants any to perish. The condemnation of false teachers has long been hanging over them not because they were predestined to be false teachers and prophets but because God, the Father of all creation, is in all times at all times and He foreknew all of their choices. Peter tells us that no prophecy of Scripture comes by man's own interpretation of it. If we buy into the false "doctrine of the elect" we must accept then that God was predestined as well. Who or what would have predestined God? God is the Alpha and the Omega and we are to be like Him. If He was not predestined then neither are we. If we buy into man's last day predictions rather than accept the words of Jesus Christ, those being that only the Father knows, we condemn ourselves. I, like the Father, have no desire for any to perish and that is why it matters.

Upvote 0

The Templar

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.A.
✟4,004.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It's not odd, because it is the Word of God that saves. If it wasn't for Jonah sharing to them the Word of God, they would not have been saved. God imputed unto them righteousness through Christ from the Word of God.

Let me ask you a question. If Jonah did not go, would they have repented? If they did not hear about God whatsoever, would they have a choice in salvation?

Definition of REPENT

intransitive verb
1: to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life

2a : to feel regret or contrition
b : to change one's mind

transitive verb
1: to cause to feel regret or contrition

2: to feel sorrow, regret, or contrition for

— re·pent·er noun

To repent is to make a choice.
You have now come full circle, sort of.
Before you said there was NO choice,
everything is predestined,
now you pick a story that says there is a choice.
But wait, you aren't really willing to admit the obvious choice the people of Nineveh made in this biblical record now, are you?
Interesting.
However, you cannot have it both ways.
There either is choice or there is not,
let your yes be yes and your no be no.
When the Bible shows you people making the choice to repent why do you deny it?

The answer to your question is no, they would not have repented.
Is it your assumption that this was predestined? If it is, provide proof.

You claim I don't support "choice" by scripture, yet I do.
You simply choose to ignore what the scriptures say in favor of your own belief.

Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is my last reply to our conversation, because we are now entering into a debate format which is contrary to the Word of God.

Romans 1:28-30
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Speaking of Romans 1:28

Romans 1:28

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Chosen because He FOREKNEW them, the choices they would make, the lives they would live and the faith in Him they would have. Why do you choose to ignore and thereby limit Gods power to know, from the beginning, all people?

Yeah, I agree with this. God does foreknow everything. I'm not limiting God's power to not foreknow anything at all. You are ignoring the fact that He chose the elect, He predestined the elect. He set aside who will be saved and who will not be saved.

It has the power to save if people will hear, again - CHOICE.

There is no choice in that. In fact, let me give you an example that is entirely contrary to what you believe in:

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Where in the world is the choice these people have when God sends them a delusion so they will believe a lie? This destroys any notion of free-will anyone has in regards to salvation. You can cry "out of context" all you want, but I encourage everyone here to read this chapter.

Good, now why do you ignore the why of Gods choice?

God does not base His decision on the will of man because he foreknew. If that were the case, none of us would ever become saved:

Romans 3:10
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Romans 9:15-16
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Read this carefully.

Verse 16: "So then it is NOT of him that willeth..."

Your free-will has nothing to do with salvation. The elect believe because God allowed them to believe, because God has chosen to show mercy.

No sir it has not. Would you like to speak to Bible translators who are working to translate Gods Word into newly discovered languages! New peoples are often found in remote areas of our world, and yet in your personal pride you claim that The Gospel has reached the ends of the earth? How many missionaries do you work with? Which outreach ministries do you have contact with to get such false information?

Revelation 14:6
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Where does it say the Bible must be translated into every language? It says it must be preached to everyone.

Question: No. Not all men have been given a chance to repent. How do you deal with this? How do you deal with the fact that there are some tribes and heathens out there that have not had the chance to accept Christ on their own free-will?

Answer: By supporting outreach ministries, that is how. What do you do? Rant?

You evaded my question. You did not account for all those people who did not have a chance to accept Christ according to their own free-will. In order for your soteriological doctrine to work, everyone must have an equal chance. Instead, you give me a snide comment.

Question: Once you answered that, answer this: How do infants accept Christ in their own free-will if they died too early to understand anything? If you're going to use the "age of accountability" argument, I want you to post Scripture to back that claim up.

Answer: Do I detect deflection? Was this the original topic? Or do you feel this is how you get out of answering any of my questions to you?

The original topic was May 21st, 2011 being the rapture. So you're right, we did get sidetracked. For good reason though; its important to understand what the Word of God says about salvation. Yet, still, you evaded my question. I've answered your questions. Do you have an answer to these two?

Question: You tell me what Romans 3:10-11 means.

Answer: More deflection? I said read ALL of Romans 3, not just the parts you like.

So when you read all of Romans 3, tell me what verses 10 and 11 mean.

You got it! A simple word search of a single word has derailed your argument, yet I see you continue...

Read Romans 10:13-15, friend. It is clear that we can not call on Him because we have not yet believed in Him.

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
This is my last reply to our conversation, because we are now entering into a debate format which is contrary to the Word of God.

No Brother, the OP did that and you sought to further it!

Read Romans 10:13-15, friend. It is clear that we can not call on Him because we have not yet believed in Him.

Really? Is that what it means? No, I think that's an interpretative perversion of what it means.

I was raised in the church from the time I was born. I knew all along who God was, I knew all along who Jesus and the Holy Spirit were and I always believed what my Christian education taught me. Head knowledge, though, is not heart knowledge. I was not saved until fifteen years ago. Prior to that I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that my belief in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit was not going to get me into heaven. I needed to choose to believe in my heart what I had been taught in my head. When I did, my whole life changed. Thank you God for your love and patience!

Upvote 0

The Templar

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.A.
✟4,004.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yeshua said;

Luke 21:8,

And he said, ‘Beware that you are not led astray;
for many will come in my name and say,
“I am he!” and, “The time is near!”
Do not go after them. NRSV

And,

Mark 13:32-37,

‘But about that day or hour no one knows,
neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son,
but only the Father.
Beware, keep alert;
for you do not know when the time will come.
It is like a man going on a journey,
when he leaves home and puts his slaves in charge,
each with his work,
and commands the doorkeeper to be on the watch.
Therefore, keep awake—
for you do not know when the master of the house will come,
in the evening, or at midnight,
or at cockcrow, or at dawn,
or else he may find you asleep when he comes suddenly.
And what I say to you I say to all: Keep awake.’ NRSV

I choose to believe in and trust Yeshua, He has never lied.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I choose to believe in and trust Yeshua, He has never lied.

He surely hasn't.

Matthew 24:48-51

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
He surely hasn't.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; 49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

You sling Scripture? Where is the evil servant here? Who is smiting fellowservants, eating and drinking with drunken people? Scripture slinging is most definitely NOT of God. God's word is not meant to be so ill used!

Upvote 0

7he4uthor

7he 7rue he4RT of 7he CRE4TOR
Mar 16, 2011
7he he4RT of GOD
Visit site
✟16,942.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
#mmm

has this thread gone completely off-topic?
or am eye missing something?

has may 21st been definitively discarded as a rapture begin date?
on another site a ember sent me a conversion table which shows
[according2hymn] that this is the date noah entered the ark

is there still a member on this thread who believes in this rapture date?
who can explain the conversion table?

Upvote 0

The Templar

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.A.
✟4,004.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

May it be so...
Correction and rebuke are not contrary to the word of God, as seen in Jude.
Jude 1.3:

Beloved, while eagerly preparing to write to you about the salvation we share, I find it necessary to write and appeal to you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints.

Romans 1:28-30
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Speaking of Romans 1:28

Romans 1:28
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Your point here is what? That you didn't read what you quoted?
Your inability to read and accept Gods Word? Again, I charge you to read all of Romans and answer your own questions.

Yeah, I agree with this. God does foreknow everything. I'm not limiting God's power to not foreknow anything at all. You are ignoring the fact that He chose the elect, He predestined the elect. He set aside who will be saved and who will not be saved.

But why does God select who He does??? THIS is what you are refusing to see!

There is no choice in that. In fact, let me give you an example that is entirely contrary to what you believe in:

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Where in the world is the choice these people have when God sends them a delusion so they will believe a lie? This destroys any notion of free-will anyone has in regards to salvation. You can cry "out of context" all you want, but I encourage everyone here to read this chapter.

Read verse 12, slowly. "That they might be damned WHO BELIEVED NOT THE TRUTH, but had pleasure in unrighteousness." There is no way you can miss the reference to the obvious choice made by these people! Read it again! It's so abundantly clear the only way you can miss it is if you want to!
And by the way, as far as context goes, you are way off beat here.

If you understood what Paul is addressing here I doubt you would have picked this chapter or even this book! What Paul is addressing in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2 are people upsetting others about the day and time of Yeshuas' return, and warning us not to listen to them! Paul further states that these people are deceived by the evil one and this is why God sends the deceiving spirit!

Are you sure this is where you wanted to go with this?

God does not base His decision on the will of man because he foreknew. If that were the case, none of us would ever become saved:

Romans 3:10
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Romans 9:15-16
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Read this carefully.

Verse 16: "So then it is NOT of him that willeth..."

Your free-will has nothing to do with salvation. The elect believe because God allowed them to believe, because God has chosen to show mercy.

Yes, but just a wee little bit earlier...
Romans 3:21-31,

But now, irrespective of law, the righteousness of God has been disclosed, and is attested by the law and the prophets, the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction, since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God; they are now justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a sacrifice of atonement by his blood, effective through faith. He did this to show his righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over the sins previously committed; it was to prove at the present time that he himself is righteous and that he justifies the one who has faith in Jesus.

Then what becomes of boasting? It is excluded. By what law? By that of works? No, but by the law of faith. For we hold that a person is justified by faith apart from works prescribed by the law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since God is one; and he will justify the circumcised on the ground of faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law. NRSV

See how much better understood things are when you view them as a whole?

Revelation 14:6
And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Where does it say the Bible must be translated into every language? It says it must be preached to everyone.

How can they understand if the truth is presented in a strange tongue?

You evaded my question. You did not account for all those people who did not have a chance to accept Christ according to their own free-will. In order for your soteriological doctrine to work, everyone must have an equal chance. Instead, you give me a snide comment.

Don't like it, do you? But yes, I gave an answer. I listed off books of the Bible where your answers are found. I didn't give you answers on a platter because if I did I doubt you would accept them.

The original topic was May 21st, 2011 being the rapture. So you're right, we did get sidetracked. For good reason though; its important to understand what the Word of God says about salvation. Yet, still, you evaded my question. I've answered your questions. Do you have an answer to these two?

Evasion is not something I do, I leave that up to you.
While we are on this subject,
let's take a look at
2 Thessalonians Chapter 2.

As to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we beg you, brothers and sisters, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as though from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord is already here. Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come unless the rebellion comes first and the lawless one is revealed, the one destined for destruction. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, declaring himself to be God. Do you not remember that I told you these things when I was still with you? And you know what is now restraining him, so that he may be revealed when his time comes. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who now restrains it is removed. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will destroy with the breath of his mouth, annihilating him by the manifestation of his coming. The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false, so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

But we must always give thanks to God for you, brothers and sisters beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the first fruits for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and through belief in the truth. For this purpose he called you through our proclamation of the good news, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by our letter.

What does this mean to you or to Harold Camping?

So when you read all of Romans 3, tell me what verses 10 and 11 mean.

Besides being a quote from Psalm 14:1-3 and Psalm 53:1-3, Paul is teaching that no one has any right to claim righteousness. These verses should not be taken out of the whole of the letter, to do so invites humanist interpretation which takes Gods Word completely out of its original context.

Romans 10:14
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

I see you "chose" to ignore Romans 10:13, how very convenient.
I choose not to ignore any of the word of God...

Ro
mans 10:5-13

Moses writes concerning the righteousness that comes from the law, that ‘the person who does these things will live by them.’ But the righteousness that comes from faith says, ‘Do not say in your heart, “Who will ascend into heaven?” ’ (that is, to bring Christ down) ‘or “Who will descend into the abyss?” ’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say?

‘The word is near you,

on your lips and in your heart’

(that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);

because if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved. The scripture says, ‘No one who believes in him will be put to shame.’ For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; the same Lord is Lord of all and is generous to all who call on him. For, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

Does this place Romans 10:14-15 in the proper context?

And how, exactly, do you view Romans 10:5-13?

As an exception to the rule of "the elect"?

Remember, when there is an exception to the rule - there is no rule.

God is fair, righteous and true - always.

You will find that individual verses can, and are, easily taken out of context. This is why many, including myself, fear that chapter and verse numbering may be one of the worse things to happen to The Bible. When you see those little numbers on each verse you have to remember that this verse belongs where you found it, it can't be unplugged from one place and placed elsewhere. While it's understood that the numbering system has made subject reference easier, we have folks quoting scripture to support whatever they want because many verses can be easily taken out of context. The word of God cannot be taught clearly if we are skipping stones through the Bible. Read the whole and allow Gods Word to stand on its own.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Templar

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.A.
✟4,004.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
He surely hasn't.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; 49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

Do you now see how wrong trying to pick a date is?
Also, do you see the choice made?
It is good to see you agree that Yeshua never lied,
now take Him at His word.

Upvote 0