Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Almost everything you perceive is a judgement, every belief and opinion. It is all yours, there is only one reality, one truth which does not differ from person to person.

“ 'If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them.' Luke 6:32"
Jesus qualified that statement:

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” (Luke 6:36-38)​

If you judge someone according to a certain standard, you will be judged by it. If you want to be forgiven, you must forgive. If you want to be treated with mercy, you must be merciful.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
United States
✟20,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
And how do you know this, exactly?
My knowledge comes from God itself.
Yes, and? Simply doing what, exactly?
Forgiving.
Sure it matters. We can't know if a passage has been misinterpreted if we don't check an interpretation against what the Bible says.
But your interpretation is still a misinterpretation no matter how many times you check it.

Says who? The Bible reveals ultimate reality to us. You ignore it at your peril.
Indeed.

Says who? How do you know this?
I'm not in the realm of belief.

??? Who in this thread has said that they don't believe evidence?
You're questioning me, arn't you?

Again, says who? And how do you know this is correct?
I do, one who has experienced evidence.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but who says? How do you know any of what you've said here is true?
Because it is, death merely takes your body, not your free will.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My knowledge comes from God itself.

How do you know it does?

Forgiving.

It doesn't follow that because people are avid readers they don't forgive. You've set up a false dichotomy.

But your interpretation is still a misinterpretation no matter how many times you check it.

Yes, but you'll know that it is. That's what a fixed point of reference does - and why it is so important.

I'm not in the realm of belief.

This is an answer that is not an answer.

You're questioning me, arn't you?

Yes, and so? How does questioning you equate to not believing evidence? And, of course, not all evidence is good evidence; some evidence isn't really evidence at all and so it doesn't warrant being believed.

I do, one who has experienced evidence.

I know you do, but this response hardly answers my question: Who says "the whole purpose of faith is to find evidence"? I know many who have faith quite apart from evidence and they are content to remain so.

Because it is, death merely takes your body, not your free will.

Making another unfounded statement to justify your earlier unfounded statement does not actually justify it. You're just stringing together assertions for which you can't - or won't - offer good warrant. This approach isn't making your case; it is exposing how little good reason you have for your statements.

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
United States
✟20,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
How do you know it does?
How do you know the sky is blue?

It doesn't follow that because people are avid readers they don't forgive. You've set up a false dichotomy.
How would you know what is true or false? This is a common problem, if you think you know God better than God then you will always hold your own fabricated reality in higher regard than God's, in effect, blinding yourself.

Yes, but you'll know that it is. That's what a fixed point of reference does - and why it is so important.
The bible is only a history book. A lot of things have happened before and since it was written.

This is an answer that is not an answer.
It is.

Yes, and so? How does questioning you equate to not believing evidence? And, of course, not all evidence is good evidence; some evidence isn't really evidence at all and so it doesn't warrant being believed.
I can't give you evidence, only teach you how to obtain it. If you do not believe me you will not try, if you do not try you will not gain anything.

I know you do, but this response hardly answers my question: Who says "the whole purpose of faith is to find evidence"? I know many who have faith quite apart from evidence and they are content to remain so.
Jesus was here to teach people to be like him, which would include evidence once obtained, therefore it is the soul purpose of faith. If you do not have evidence then you should not be content, that will only lead to death.

Making another unfounded statement to justify your earlier unfounded statement does not actually justify it. You're just stringing together assertions for which you can't - or won't - offer good warrant. This approach isn't making your case; it is exposing how little good reason you have for your statements.

I am preaching the truth, nothing more.

" 'There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.' (Proverbs 14:12)."

See now I had no idea that was in the bible, but matches something I had already written in this post. I do not read the bible and form opinions from it, I use it to see what it says about things I already know. I am giving you the truth, untarnished by the endless webs of misinterpretation. It is very unfortunate how many have become stuck in those webs.

There is only one truth, one reality and any judgement is a deviation from it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0