Avodat

Contending for Biblical truth
Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
It is said that [some] will be appointed [as] Levites in the millennial reign. Even so, there is no mention of animal sacrifice or feast. The priesthood and the king were completly removed when the Romans destroyed the temple in 68-70 AD. Jerusalem, the priesthood, and the king, they were not completly removed during the Babylonian captivity. In regards to the Romans: The Romans even carried off the contents of the temple to Rome. Every stone was over turned looking for gold and silver. I am very well studied, and if I say somthing that you do not agree with, you should delay in giving an answer and think twice.

That is really arrogant! Many on here are 'very well studied' but choose not to look down on others, lest they suddenly realise they need to look up to them! What are your qualifications for such a claim?

Last edited:
Reactions: mishkan
Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
That is really arrogant! Many on here are 'very well studied' but choose not to look down on others, let they suddenly realise they need to look up to them! What are your qualifications for such a claim?

Stating facts is not arrogance or looking down at others. Do you have anything contsructive to say? Can you prove with scriptures or history that I'm wrong? You can be sure that the Orthodox Jews are searching their scriptures to prove me wrong. When they think they may have found somthing, I'm sure they will post it. All I have to say to them is; good luck!

Upvote 0

Avodat

Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Stating facts is not arrogance or looking down at others. Do you have anything contsructive to say? Can you prove with scriptures or history that I'm wrong? You can be sure that the Orthodox Jews are searching their scriptures to prove me wrong. When they think they may have found somthing, I'm sure they will post it. All I have to say to them is; good luck!

I was referring to the comment that I highlighted in your post that I quoted:

I am very well studied, and if I say something that you do not agree with, you should delay in giving an answer and think twice

that is nothing but pure arrogance! (I have corrected your spelling mistake btw!)

What are your qualifications to support that you are 'very well studied'? A Doctorate? A Masters? First degree? Diploma? Certificate?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
I was referring to the comment that I highlighted in your post that I quoted:

I am very well studied, and if I say something that you do not agree with, you should delay in giving an answer and think twice

that is nothing but pure arrogance! (I have corrected your spelling mistake btw!) Caught by the spelling police again. Darn!^_^

What are your qualifications to support that you are 'very well studied'? A Doctorate? A Masters? First degree? Diploma? Certificate?

I'm sure you are familiar with the school of Hard Knocks and long hours.

Upvote 0

Avodat

Jul 2, 2011
✟21,427.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure you are familiar with the school of Hard Knocks and long hours.

No, but I'm not convinced that such education, unless tested objectively, is proof of accuracy. I have independent proof from Universities of the academic work I have done, as have many others on here, but I would not say to someone that I am so accomplished that they should think hard before posting against what I have said. That is the difference, with or without typos.

Back to the OP...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
No, but I'm not convinced that such education, unless tested objectively, is proof of accuracy. I have independent proof from Universities of the academic work I have done, as have many others on here, but I would not say to someone that I am so accomplished that they should think hard before posting against what I have said. That is the difference, with or without typos.

Back to the OP...

Quote: "I have independent proof from Universities of the academic work I have done"...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
GuardianShua said:
It is said that [some] will be appointed [as] Levites in the millennial reign. Even so, there is no mention of animal sacrifice or feast. The priesthood and the king were completly removed when the Romans destroyed the temple in 68-70 AD. Jerusalem, the priesthood, and the king, they were not completly removed during the Babylonian captivity. In regards to the Romans: The Romans even carried off the contents of the temple to Rome. Every stone was over turned looking for gold and silver. I am very well studied, and if I say somthing that you do not agree with, you should delay in giving an answer and think twice.

So you don't equate Ezekiel's Temple as being included in the Millennial reign? Or do you believe it was fulfilled already?

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
So you don't equate Ezekiel's Temple as being included in the Millennial reign? Or do you believe it was fulfilled already?
Understanding parables can be tricky sometimes. That temple was the old temple, but there will be another built in the future. The Orthodox Jews will not pay any attention to what I have said, and they will again find themselves in trouble with God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Judaism
Christianity has its roots in Judaism. We drink from the same well the Patriarchs dug. Judaic Christianity is not about sharing the same culture, customs, traditions and rituals; it is about the belief in the same God and keeping His commands. And for Christians that would also include the belief in the Messiah Yahshua.

What are your thoughts about these scriptures below? If Messianic and Orthodox Jews can not justify keeping the Holidays, in light of what is written, then perhaps they shouldn't.

Psalm 40:6
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Psalm 51:16
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:11
“The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

Isaiah 1:14
Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

Zephaniah 3:18
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals, which is a burden and reproach for you.

Lamentations 2:6
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget her appointed festivals and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

Hosea 2:11
I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

Amos 5:21
“I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me.

And he said to them, "You know very well that you reject the commands of God, so that you may keep your own traditions" (Mark 7:9.)

Upvote 0

Gerat_Tzedek

Old Newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Yucaipa, CA
✟7,729.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
I would like very much to hear from any Orthodox Jews in regards to post #1. What do your Rabbi's teach about those verses? Do your scriptures have a different way of translating those verses?

Can't. In my experience, if I try to clarify the teachings of Judaism, the mods remove the post and ding me for promoting Judaism. If you have a specific question, you are welcome to PM me so that we don't disrupt the forum.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
That's one feast accounted for. I wonder why God would have the world keep that feast? There must be some significance to it for Gentiles also.

Originally Posted by GuardianShua
There are two kinds of sacrifices, Personal sacrifices, and animal sacrifices for sin. In regards to the 1000 year reign, I do not find any mention of animal sacrifices for sins. I have yet to find any mention of the feast being observed either.

CrystalB. Quote: In Zechariah 14:16-19, it says that everyone will go to Jerusalem every year for the Feast of Tabernacles.

Zechariah 14:16-19

New International Version (NIV)

16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The LORD will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Understanding parables can be tricky sometimes. That temple was the old temple, but there will be another built in the future. The Orthodox Jews will not pay any attention to what I have said, and they will again find themselves in trouble with God.

What's the new future Temple look like and entail?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
What's the new future Temple look like and entail?
That question is complex, because we are the temple being built. But there will be a Earthly temple built before the time of the Two Witnesses. And also the Temple of God will be seen overhead, it is of immense size, it will be seen during the Millenium Reign. The wealth of the nations are carried up into it. Or something like that!
Revelation 21:22
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That question is complex, because we are the temple being built. But there will be a Earthly temple built before the time of the Two Witnesses. And also the Temple of God will be seen overhead, it is of immense size, it will be seen during the Millenium Reign. The wealth of the nations are carried up into it. Or something like that!
Revelation 21:22
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

It's not really complex if we go to scripture. Does scripture give a description of the Millenial Temple and it's worship?

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
It's not really complex if we go to scripture. Does scripture give a description of the Millenial Temple and it's worship?
If I start explaining the complexity of things, this whole place would go nuts. For example, there is additional info in the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Book of Enoch. Michael recieves instructions about building a place from Gabriel, But Yahshua instructs in the bible that it would not be completed. So it would be best not to discuss the subject. What is most important is you, being the temple built.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If I start explaining the complexity of things, this hole place would go nuts. For example, there is additional info in the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Book of Enoch. Michael recieves instructions about building a place from Gabriel, But Yahshua instructs in the bible that it would not be completed. So it would be best not to discuss the subject. What is most important is you, being the temple built.

We can't discuss the aspects of the Millenial Temple FROM scripture? Or you don't believe in a physical Millenial Temple/Age? I'm confused?

I like a lot of Ariel ministries teachings and leave the dispensational thinking behind. Alot would be surprised today although the AMC is somewhat off the 'beat and track' Ariel I think is totally in line with a lot of stuff.

http://www.ariel.org/dlc/dlc-wg-43.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
We can't discuss the aspects of the Millenial Temple FROM scripture? Or you don't believe in a physical Millenial Temple/Age? I'm confused?
There is no info in the bible about a temple on Earth during the Millenial Reign. There is an overhead temple in the sky spoken of.

Upvote 0