Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So then, you also believe that the Gentiles will be under the authority of the Levitical Priesthood; and that the wealth of the nations will be brought to the temple in Jerusalem. Anything else?

Well it's a rather large jump from Zech 14 and attending the feast of tabernacles to the whole earth being under the "authority of a Levitical Priesthood".

Here's an interesting verse:

Heb 8:4 For if he{Yeshua} were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

It just may be said that any "Levitical Priesthood" will have to answer to someone who is impartial between Jew and Gentile.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Well it's a rather large jump from Zech 14 and attending the feast of tabernacles to the whole earth being under the "authority of a Levitical Priesthood".

Heb 8:4 For if he{Yeshua} were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

It just may be said that any "Levitical Priesthood" will have to answer to someone who is impartial between Jew and Gentile.

It seems that there are a number of Jews who believe, that the feast and animal sacrifices will continue after the temple is built. Did you read some of the other page post?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking about commenting, however, on another thread, you put "but" after "everlasting" and "eternal". So, what's the point?

Don't read more into it than the obvious. The rules of the forum prevent us from replying.

It seems that there are a number of Jews who believe, that the feast and animal sacrifices will continue after the temple is built. Did you read some of the other page post?

Now I'm not sure what to make of all this, other than to be sure that God does not show partiality.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Book of Enoch. Chapter 40.

1 And after that I saw thousands of thousands and ten thousand times ten thousand, I saw a multitude 2 beyond number and reckoning, who stood before the Lord of Spirits. And on the four sides of the Lord of Spirits I saw four presence's, [different from those that sleep not], (The difference between those that sleep not, is those that need sleep) and I learnt their names: for the angel that went with me made known to me their names, and showed me all the hidden things. 3 And I heard the voices of those four presences as they uttered praises before the Lord of glory. 4,5 The first voice blesses the Lord of Spirits forever and ever. And the second voice I heard blessing 6 the Elect One and the elect ones who hang upon the Lord of Spirits. And the third voice I heard pray and intercede for those who dwell on the earth and supplicate in the name of the Lord of Spirits. 7 And I heard the fourth voice fending off the Satan's and forbidding them to come before the Lord 8 of Spirits to accuse them who dwell on the earth. After that I asked the angel of peace who went with me, who showed me everything that is hidden: 'Who are these four presences which I have 9 seen and whose words I have heard and written down?' And he said to me: 'This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.' 10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days...
Phanuel is a variant of Peniel.

For what ever the reason they have not made public the Mystery Scrolls from the Dead Sea. This here is from the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The words of the book that Michael spoke to the angels [messengers] of God after he had [[[ascended]]] to the highest heaven. He said "I found troops of fire ( Fire means judgement. ) there...... Behold, there were nine mountains, two to the east and two to the north and two to the west and two to the south. There I beheld Gabriel the angel.....I said to him, .......and you render the vision comprehensible. Then he said to me......It is written in my book that the Great One, the Eternal Lord........ the sons of Ham to the sons of Shem. Now behold, the Great One, the Eternal Lord..... when.....tears from......Now behold, a city will be built for the name of the Great One, the Eternal Lord......and no evil shall be committed in the presence of the Great One, the Eternal Lord..... Then the Great One the Eternal Lord, will remember His creation for the purpose of good.......Blessing and honor and praise be to the Great One, the Eternal Lord. To Him belongs mercy and to Him belongs.....In distant territories there will be a man .........he is, and he will say to him, behold this...... to me silver and gold........

I wonder why God would have the world keep that feast? There must be some significance to it for Gentiles also. Perhaps it has something to do Gabriel instructing Michael about building a building, with booths for Gods people in the last days. See: Dead Sea Mystery Scrolls. Anyone care to venture a guess?

Zechariah 14:16-19
New International Version (NIV)

16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The LORD will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

If any should want to, send a PM.:wave:

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith

I have been told that the Jews plan to offer animal sacrifices again when the temple is built.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
In 70 Ad the temple was not removed. The contents were removed by the Romans. The temple, although distroyed, remained. And the entire city of Jerusalem was not plowed like a field. In the future, when this happens the temple will be damaged.
Zechariah 14:4
On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Originally Posted by GuardianShua
In that day, the Jews will again find themselves in trouble with God, for not paying attention to the prophets warnings. In the end the temple will be torn down and carted off, And Jerusalem will be plowed like a field. This is the reply that I got from one Messianic.

Quote: ""Not according to Moses though 'all these things come to pass' both blessing and cursing. It's interesting that restoration includes 'You will again obey the LORD and follow all his commands I am giving you today'. This comes after all the blessing and curses come to pass. Getting off the topic and probably should be a topic in itself.""

Deuteronomy 30

1 When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come on you and you take them to heart wherever the LORD your God disperses you among the nations, 2 and when you and your children return to the LORD your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today, 3 then the LORD your God will restore your fortunes[a] and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. 4 Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the LORD your God will gather you and bring you back. 5 He will bring you to the land that belonged to your ancestors, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors. 6 The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live. 7 The LORD your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you. 8 You will again obey the LORD and follow all his commands I am giving you today.

The problem with Deuteronomy is that it is not a book of Moses. It was introduced by the Hellenist between 167 BC and 133 AD. It is of uncertain origin and contradicts other scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seeker30

Mar 27, 2012
✟7,634.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Originally Posted by GuardianShua
In that day, the Jews will again find themselves in trouble with God, for not paying attention to the prophets warnings. In the end the temple will be torn down and carted off, And Jerusalem will be plowed like a field. This is the reply that I got from one Messianic.

Quote: ""Not according to Moses though 'all these things come to pass' both blessing and cursing. It's interesting that restoration includes 'You will again obey the LORD and follow all his commands I am giving you today'. This comes after all the blessing and curses come to pass. Getting off the topic and probably should be a topic in itself.""

Deuteronomy 30

1 When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come on you and you take them to heart wherever the LORD your God disperses you among the nations, 2 and when you and your children return to the LORD your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today, 3 then the LORD your God will restore your fortunes[a] and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. 4 Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the LORD your God will gather you and bring you back. 5 He will bring you to the land that belonged to your ancestors, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors. 6 The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live. 7 The LORD your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you. 8 You will again obey the LORD and follow all his commands I am giving you today.

The problem with Deuteronomy is that it is not a book of Moses. It was introduced by the Hellenist between 167 BC and 133 AD. It is of uncertain origin and contradicts other scriptures.

So which books of the Bible ARE the books of Moses?

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
I know I am jumping in a little late in this thread but, didn't G-d command that the festivals (at least some of them) be celebrated?:confused:

So far, the only feast mentioned for the millinium is the feast of booths. As for sacifices and offerings, that seems to be on a personal level. All the people of the world are to take part in it every year. I can see how that would be doable at first, but towards the end of the millinium it could be difficult. The temple will be seen overhead up in the sky, but there will be no temple on earth in Jerusalem. The new temple to be built will be removed. The entire land of Jerusalem will be excavated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here is one point of view below for the Orthodox Jews. If there are anymore, send a PM and I will repost it here.

The Mosaic covenant was given to the children of Israel for all generations. That means the the nation of Israel is obligated to the Mosaic covenant.

The Levites are the priesthood of the Mosaic covenant. There will be a regathering of the Jewish people into the land, and the Temple will be built; which means the Levitical priests will be serving in the Temple. In the future, all the children of Israel who are alive and see the Messiah will believe, and come under the New Covenant.

The Levitical priest in the New Covenant will make these sacrifices in Jerusalem, in the Temple, and it will be done by the Levitical priests.

You shouldn't put forth that which came to you in a PM (unless permission was given). After all the "P" in PM stands for "Private." (If permission was given, ignore this post.) :)

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
You shouldn't put forth that which came to you in a PM (unless permission was given). After all the "P" in PM stands for "Private." (If permission was given, ignore this post.) :)
Some Orthodox Jews here believe they will get in trouble for posting their comments on this thread. I said if they send me a PM I could repost it for them if they like. No need to mention names. The question here is, what feast are we to keep, taking into account the negetive comments God made about the feasts; according to what is written in scriptures.

Upvote 0

Qnts2

Jan 31, 2012
✟2,056.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
So which books of the Bible ARE the books of Moses?

There are five books of Moses. In Judaism and Messianic Judaism, the five books of Moses are contained in a separate book/scroll called the Torah.

The books are (first English/Christian name and second Hebrew/Judaism names)

Genesis - Bereshit
Exodus - Shemot
Leviticus - Vayikra
Numbers - Bamidbar
Deuteronomy - Devarim

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
There are five books of Moses. In Judaism and Messianic Judaism, the five books of Moses are contained in a separate book/scroll called the Torah.

The books are (first English/Christian name and second Hebrew/Judaism names)

Genesis - Bereshit
Exodus - Shemot
Leviticus - Vayikra
Numbers - Bamidbar
Deuteronomy - Devarim

The book of Deuteronomy is not a book of Moses. Study that before you reply.

Upvote 0

Qnts2

Jan 31, 2012
✟2,056.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I have been told that the Jews plan to offer animal sacrifices again when the temple is built.

Most Jewish people do not believe in Jesus. And in the Torah, God gave the Mosaic covenant to the Jewish people. The Jewish people promised to do all that God said (Mosaic law/Mosaic covenant), for their entire lives and for all generations.

The Mosaic law requires the Temple, and the sacrifices. So, yes, when the Temple is built, and since the Jewish people are obligated to do all that God said when He gave the Mosaic covenant, those obligated to the Mosaic covenant (the Jewish people) are required to offer the prescribed animal sacrifices.

Upvote 0