Joshua Trump, 11, is changing his name over bullying at school

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Megan Trump Berto and Bobby Berto of Claymont, Del., say their son Joshua began having a rough time in the Brandywine School District when President Trump starting running for office. “They curse at him, they call him an idiot, they call him stupid,” Megan Berto, who is not related to President Trump, told Philadelphia news station WPVI on Tuesday.

“He was getting ridiculed and bullied for the fact that his last name was Trump,” said stepfather Bobby Berto. He was getting ridiculed and bullied for the fact that his last name was Trump,” said stepfather Bobby Berto.

Megan and Bobby reached out to WPVI because they believed that the Brandywine School District wasn’t intervening, despite previous meetings with Joshua’s teachers. “He said he hates himself, and he hates his last name, and he feels sad all the time, and he doesn’t want to live feeling like that anymore, and as a parent that’s scary,” Megan Berto told WPVI.

Joshua Trump, 11, is changing his name over bullying at school: 'They call him stupid'

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not surprised - but find it loathsome how people are toward each other. Kids can especially be cruel. Throw in politics and some really act irrational and lose any common sense. I don't think he should change his name, but I wouldn't let my child keep going to a school where he was so tortured. It's a shame if kids with the last name Trump aren't able to go to school in this country for the next few years. :doh:

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes you have no choice.

This is true, and if so, I feel bad for the kid because he will continue having more damage. I would be raising a fit and moving my kid, or homeschooling, if I had the choice.

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Poor kid. It's not his fault Trump's behavior has tarnished his family name.

Still, kids are mean and they would find anything to pick on regardless.
I was going to say it's not his fault that his classmates are as intolerant as their favorite actors or politicians, but I guess I should add that it's not Trump's fault that kids who fall on the opposite side of the political spectrum are terrorizing someone because they share the president's name.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I was going to say it's not his fault that his classmates are as intolerant as their favorite actors or politicians, but I guess I should add that it's not Trump's fault that kids who fall on the opposite side of the political spectrum are terrorizing someone because they share the president's name.

Let me guess, Soros and Hillary are now funding 11 year olds?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this discussion is about the wrong thing.

Alabama girl, 9, commits suicide after racist taunting, family says

A 9-year-old girl committed suicide last week after she was allegedly bullied by students at her Alabama elementary school.

The past week has been “an emotional roller-coaster” following the Dec. 3 death of McKenzie Adams, her aunt Edwinna Harris told The Columbus Dispatch.

Adams’ grandmother reportedly found the fourth-grader after she hung herself in their Linden residence.

The 9-year-old’s decision to take her own life came months after the alleged harassment by her classmates at U.S. Jones Elementary School in Demopolis began, her relatives told the outlet. Some of the tauntings stemmed from her being friends with a white boy, her aunt said.

I don't know exactly what has changed over the last 50 years, but something certainly has.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Kids are a bunch of jerks..... for the most part.

I was bullied in elementary school (Batesville Arkansas, Malvern Arkansas, Russellville Alabama) because I was a “Christ Killer” and “Hebe” until I started to lie and say that I was a Methodist (Cullman Alabama, Brookhaven Mississippi). Kids are jerks.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well darn, the media did such a good job reminding us that Trump is the worst human of all time on a daily basis. But all good deeds get punished in this world :(
Sadly Trump showed kids and grownups. It's okay to mock, bully , grab womens vaginas. He also incourged his supporters to beat protesters up. He shows hating people is fine. And you blame the media for doing their job.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm not one to side in too much with teenagers playing the victim card because a few people don't like them but I do see this case is different. What a sad thing that an innocent person is made to bear the blunt of such treatment. I know it can be said kids will be kids but it does draw me to thinking about some who claims mankind's nature has advanced to be more caring and compassionate. Where do we see evidence of that? I think it shows advancement in mere technology never makes mans fundamental nature different.

• Agree
Reactions: dgiharris
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was going to say it's not his fault that his classmates are as intolerant as their favorite actors or politicians
Honestly now... How many 11 years olds have a favorite politician? This is just silly. You give kids an easy target like the name Trump and they're going to go in on it. It doesn't make it right but it is a fact of life that kids will pick on others for any reason they find.

but I guess I should add that it's not Trump's fault that kids who fall on the opposite side of the political spectrum are terrorizing someone because they share the president's name.
Yeah. Nothing is ever Trump's fault. What else is new?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well darn, the media did such a good job reminding us that Trump is the worst human of all time on a daily basis. But all good deeds get punished in this world :(
I'd agree with you if they were just making stuff up about him but if they're reporting on what a terrible person the president really is well, that's hardly the media's fault.

If people thought ignoring the character of the person we're putting in charge of our country wouldn't seep into our society and poison us from within... well, here's proof that character really does indeed count.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not surprised - but find it loathsome how people are toward each other. Kids can especially be cruel. Throw in politics and some really act irrational and lose any common sense. I don't think he should change his name, but I wouldn't let my child keep going to a school where he was so tortured. It's a shame if kids with the last name Trump aren't able to go to school in this country for the next few years. :doh:

Most all kids in history are not born racist, sexist, or even "logical". Adults (often parents) do that.

This is much milder than the abuse one would receive naming their kid "Ahmed" or "D'Andre"; the hate and discord has always been there, it is just being moved around and passed off as novel. Better fix that within the children before it becomes a certainty of perpetuity.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think you're reading way too much into this.

Upvote 0