Visit site
✟193,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dr Jordan Peterson's wife just recently converted to Christianity and was Baptized and Confirmed
in the Catholic Church.

I watched the entire series "Exodus," which Jordon Peterson created and put on The Daily Wire, which
you have to pay to subscribe to.

The series is excellent! There is a panel of experts in religion and history, including Denis Prager and
a couple of episodes with Ben Schapiro as well, who are both Jews. Denis Prayer is an expert on the Torah
and both he and Ben Schapiro gave their Jewish interpretations on the Book of Exodus, Numbers
and Deuteronomy. Dr Peterson gives a psychological explanation on the readings which are spot
on.

Also, Oz Guiness is one of the members on the panel and I read his book, "The Magna Carta of
Humanity." Every American should read it, as the founding of the United States was based on the
book of Exodus and the Jewish Republic. Franklin and Jefferson proposed the national seal for the
United States and it depicted the children of Israel fleeing Egypt where they were held in slavery.

As far as becoming a Christian, I've been following Jordan Peterson for a while now, and he
is moving toward Christianity, I have no doubt. If anything, he has a better interpretation on
the Crucifixion that I've heard from many clergymen.

Watch the video:

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟385,749.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dr Jordan Peterson's wife just recently converted to Christianity and was Baptized and Confirmed
in the Catholic Church.

I watched the entire series "Exodus," which Jordon Peterson created and put on The Daily Wire, which
you have to pay to subscribe to.

The series is excellent! There is a panel of experts in religion and history, including Denis Prager and
a couple of episodes with Ben Schapiro as well, who are both Jews. Denis Prayer is an expert on the Torah
and both he and Ben Schapiro gave their Jewish interpretations on the Book of Exodus, Numbers
and Deuteronomy. Dr Peterson gives a psychological explanation on the readings which are spot
on.

Also, Oz Guiness is one of the members on the panel and I read his book, "The Magna Carta of
Humanity." Every American should read it, as the founding of the United States was based on the
book of Exodus and the Jewish Republic. Franklin and Jefferson proposed the national seal for the
United States and it depicted the children of Israel fleeing Egypt where they were held in slavery.

As far as becoming a Christian, I've been following Jordan Peterson for a while now, and he
is moving toward Christianity, I have no doubt. If anything, he has a better interpretation on
the Crucifixion that I've heard from many clergymen.

Watch the video:

Thanks for posting this - most helpful.

I hope you are right and it is a good time to pray for him to see the light.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟385,749.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The insidious think about Jung however is that his disciples will agree with your faith because faith is good for mankind.

If Jordan becomes a true believer, what would be the appropriate sign of there being a genuine transition of the soul to the Kingdom of Light ?

A public book burning maybe ???

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟501,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I am not convinced that he has moved on from his Jungian philosophical base which is subtly deceptive and dismisses the heart of the Gospel.

As far as I am aware, this is still his position. He is interested in Jungian philosophy, which is closely related to Gnosticism, indeed Bishop Stephen Hoeller of the Ecclesia Gnostica venerates Carl Jung as a saint and a prophet in their liturgical calendar.

Indeed they have a feast day for him on June 6th, the propers of which are in their Lectionary (which is interesting as Bishop Hoeller tried to fuse the traditional Catholic lectionary he grew up with in Hungary with various Gnostic apocrypha; he is trying to be a Christian, but the problem is that Gnosticism just doesn’t work and turns into what is basically a different religion. Indeed one of the big disappointments of my life was, in my youth, naively hoping that the “newly discovered Gospels” that received so much hype in the media might contain more stories about Jesus, and then discovering that actually, all of the Gnostic material is incompatible with the Gospel in which I believed and is also really very strange. Fortunately God made up for this disappointment by causing me to realize that the canonical material we have is sufficient, especially once one understands, as per the ending of the Gospel of Luke, that the Old Testament is also about our Lord. And the other consolation is that we can hope to learn the other details of His incarnation in the Parousia.

We can only hope that his interest in Soren Kierkegaard and Eastern Orthodox Christianity draws him away from a religious use of Jungianism.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟501,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
The insidious think about Jung however is that his disciples will agree with your faith because faith is good for mankind.

If Jordan becomes a true believer, what would be the appropriate sign of there being a genuine transition of the soul to the Kingdom of Light ?

I don’t think a book burning would be ideal. Rather, I think if he is received into a Christian church such as the Eastern Orthodox church or a traditional Anglican church or a confessional Lutheran church, and it seems like Eastern Orthodoxy is on the table and so is confessional Lutheranism, via Soren Kierkegaard, as far as he is concerned, since he would not given his politics likely join a liberal mainline Lutheran church, that if he joined such a church, that would be a sign of conversion, since it would indicate that he had accepted Christian doctrine as supreme. One could not be received into the Eastern Orthodox or confessional Lutheran churches while professing the religious ideas of Carl Jung, they would simply not allow that. Likewise there are a few other denominations that have the same attributes, for example, conservative Baptists and Roman Catholic communities that use the Traditional Latin Mass, and also the Eastern Catholic churches.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟501,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
In my rebellious years I was afraid of total commitment to Jesus it equated to the ultimate freak out.

So I liberalized my faith...

This is what may be holding Jordan back.

The ultimate loss of control and reputation ???

Yet this step is essential to enter the Kingdom.

Could we invite him on as a guest for a week ???

Invite him on where? Maybe a pilgrimage?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟193,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

A book burning, which book?

Peterson's 12 steps is an excellent book and should be read by Americans.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟193,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah he started out very liberal. I watched his daughter's youtube channel in the last couple months and she admitted that her Dad was extremely liberal with her growing up. I can't remember what else she said about that, but that line stuck with me. So I see the internal struggle in her as well to submit to such a powerful authority as the Creator of the Universe. I think Jordan has a lot of regrets and a lot of demons who are wrestling with him. I am hopeful before he dies he will have a revelation that Jesus is real and he is King. For now it just seems like he's pushing the Christian storyline so that the world doesn't fall apart. It's as if he sees God as a way to control people's behavior, it's called moral therapeutic deism. Believe in a God to at least have a sense of morality. He said even if God isn't real you need to pray as a form of therapy. His wife's miracle seems to have put a dent in that belief at least.
Nothing wrong with being liberal.

What we're dealing with today are not liberals by definition, but leftist. See Denis Prager's description of what a
liberal is verses a leftist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟501,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Is that cup half empty?

There are also folks who might just bring the inspired Word he needs.

That’s true, although @Paidiske is right in that CF.com is a bit of a place of mixed messages, and there are even atheists on the forums who subtly critique Christianity. I love ChristianForums but its not ideal for someone who is in the position of needing to see authentic Christianity in all of its beauty, in order to free themselves from the religious embrace of Jungian philosophy.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟501,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
I was thinking more in terms of seekers.

The flesh looks for an alternative to the Gospel and principled humanitarian alternatives draw many away from the Truth.

This is true.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟200,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

I already answered this. He simply needs to say the resurrection of Christ actually happened. Not a psychological explanation of it, but that he actually believed it happened.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟501,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
I would say that if someone is moving towards Christ then we should not begrudge them neutral viewers. So for example, if lots of Christ-neutral people (neither Christians nor anti-Christians) are listening to Tony, is this good or bad? As a rule of thumb, it is good if Tony is moving towards Christ and bad if Tony is moving away from Christ. So then the question we must ask ourselves is the following: does Jordan Peterson seem to be moving towards Christ or away from Christ?

Indeed, so we must pray that he moves all the way into Christianity.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟193,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Remember, "in your face religion turns more people off than leads them to Christ."

Peterson is more likely to follow his wife into Catholicism.

One of his podcast on YouTube, he said that the Catholic Church had it right on the doctrine
of Original Sin. He explained why, but I forgot the details of what he said, so I won't say anything
more about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟193,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I already answered this. He simply needs to say the resurrection of Christ actually happened. Not a psychological explanation of it, but that he actually believed it happened.
Not going to happen, even if he converts.

Fact is, there is a lot of psychology within the Bible. He does a great job explaining much in the video I posted about the crucifixion.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟501,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate

Actually you raise a valid point. I would be satisfied if he confessed the Nicene Creed (since merely affirming the Resurrection does not exclude certain heresies such as Arianism; in that a Mormon and a Jehovah’s Witness could both say the Resurrection happened, yet they are not Christians. For full Christianity, one really needs to agree with the Nicene Creed - it is after all the Symbol of the Faith and is also part of this website’s Statement of Faith

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟458,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

If Jordan Peterson were to publicly profess that he is born again, and has been saved by faith in Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,496,033.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember, "in your face religion turns more people off than leads them to Christ."

Peterson is more likely to follow his wife into Catholicism.

One of his podcast on YouTube, he said that the Catholic Church had it right on the doctrine
of Original Sin. He explained why, but I forgot the details of what he said, so I won't say anything
more about it.
He's more likely to follow his wife than anything else.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,496,033.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jordan Peterson were to publicly profess that he is born again, and has been saved by faith in Jesus Christ.
That doesn't mean he has to make a point of confessing it to you. Or to me.

Reactions: dzheremi
Upvote 0