JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jordan Peterson is somewhat of a controversial figure of late with the publishing of his latest book.

And where the guy is Canadian and definitely not a traditional Christian for some reason he seems to attract many Christians.

But I do find this interview with a British Interviewer very interesting. Where she definitely is supportive of a Progressive Agenda. He nails her point blank on the subjects.

• Agree
Reactions: stevevw

Aaron_Bethlhm

Nov 20, 2020
New Jerusalem (destination)
✟2,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Near the end he says this is about setting boundaries.... That may or not be true.
I couldn't tell....
The reviews are mixed , (on amazon about the book),
but
this one sums it up for me concerning the video, from the start :
"So much of this book (video) felt painful(was hard to keep interested, seeing no point) to read because of how dull and pointless it was."

Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Jordan Peterson is somewhat of a controversial figure of late with the publishing of his latest book.

And where the guy is Canadian and definitely not a traditional Christian for some reason he seems to attract many Christians.

But I do find this interview with a British Interviewer very interesting. Where she definitely is supportive of a Progressive Agenda. He nails her point blank on the subjects.

He has a lecture series on Youtube about the psychological significance of the Biblical story, which I've found to be an interesting perspective, and the comments section has many posts of people coming to faith through it.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He has a lecture series on Youtube about the psychological significance of the Biblical story, which I've found to be an interesting perspective, and the comments section has many posts of people coming to faith through it.

The guy claims to be a Christian but only reluctantly believes that God may indeed exist. How that works is beyond me.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The guy claims to be a Christian but only reluctantly believes that God may indeed exist. How that works is beyond me.

The issue is that he has such a high standard for what it means to truly believe that God exists that it rules out almost everyone.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,076.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I think why Jordan Petersen is populr is summed up at around the 4.40 minute mark when he said he is not an idiologue but takes a middle ground position. He doesnt believe people are good or evil, he thinks their both, that culture is security or tyranny but rather its both, and he doesnt think nature is benevolence or castrophy but rather both.

I think a lot of people try to put him into the extremes because they are coming form the extreme. But when you listen to what is is actually saying it is quite balanced and gives good insight on what is actually going on.

That is why I think he is popular among Christians because he can speak about belief from a psychological perspective about what belief represents and not just take a one sided position which is motivated by ideologies of one sort or another. For me this gives good perspective and insight into human behaviour which brings understanding of self, others and humanity as a whole.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like him but it is pretty strange that he is controversial. It's proof of how fragile some people are and how they can't see other people's points of views even if those views are sane.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I like him but it is pretty strange that he is controversial. It's proof of how fragile some people are and how they can't see other people's points of views even if those views are sane.

He nailed the interviewer and she really didn't understand what he had done until she realized that the nasty taste in her mouth was her own foot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,076.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess he represents the truth and some people dont like that. As a clinical psychologist he understands human behaviour. He also feels he has a responsibility not to buy into the policitics and ideologies associated with some of the more controversial issues we face today that come with extreme views that can provoke reaction.

I notice Petersen maintains that middle ground but occassionally he can get a little irritated. Some try to project their own agenda into what he is saying but he is quick to make it clear what his position is which usually takes the middle ground and common sense. He is not afraid to speak out on a controversial issue as I think because he sees the bigger picture as a psychologist of many years and what the consequences will be which will have more of a cost for personal and human development.

This sort of sums it up

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jordan appears to be in pretty rough shape these days. his benzo addiction, and all other Troublesome things of his life seems to have aged him 15 years or more. I hope he won't go around lecturing anymore. he should have some common sense and just do podcast. Joe Rogan almost never has philosophers on his podcast nor theologians. hello, the opportunities are screaming out. also the guest Joe Rogan now has may start changing since he just made a hundred million dollars and has a deal with Spotify. it seems he's getting more celebrities now, though I don't bother with him because Spotify is too incompetent to make it easy to download his podcast.

even though I have liked Jordan since before he became popular i share suspicions that his enemies accuse him of because, really, the biggest market for books are self-help books and he's already done two of them. if he just wants to obtain money then he is trash. he claims to have an IQ of 145 or so. what a waste! nevertheless he has certainly done good in the world. I just think he could do something better with his remaining time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just listen to Jordan Peterson and his daughters podcast with Wim Hof. it's literally one of the most important things I think I've ever heard concerning this world.

S3 E35: Wim Hof and Jordan and Mikhaila Peterson | Jordan Peterson

wim hof developed a breathing exercise and has other techniques such as enduring the cold which triggers the body to create certain proteins that are beneficial for us just like how how heat like in a sauna also makes the DNA generate certain things that are good for our body. he learned how to trigger his body to activate a powerful immune system response. scientist have done many tests on him, one of them being that they injected his blood with e-coli and he didn't get sick. he has climbed Mount Everest barefooted. he has broken 26 records concerning various feats. he trained other people in some of his techniques for 10 days and they were injected with e-coli too and they didn't get sick. if you listen to the podcast make sure to do his breathing exercise along with them. combating stress and inflammation is such an unfathomable good thing for humans.

being able to do simple techniques that help our body to be all that it can be is vital in a world that is fearful of covid-19.

Upvote 0