Tyler Childers and Kelsea Ballerini are making country music the latest victim of the LGBT agenda

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A culture based on Judeo-Christian values is fundamentally at odds with a culture committed to hyper-individualism and total personal liberation, and the culture wars are a result of this tension.

(LifeSiteNews) – Earlier this year, I was contacted by a journalist for Society, a biweekly print magazine about culture, society, and politics based in Paris that has become one of the best-known print magazines in France. The writer wanted to do an interview on a few columns I’d written on the culture war being waged within the country music scene, where younger performers are beginning to push the progressive agenda that their peers are advocating elsewhere. The journalist was clearly skeptical of my thesis that country music has become a part of the culture wars.

“According to you, why is country music, historically rather conservative, evolving currently towards more progressive values?” he asked. My response: “Country music was a conservative genre because it primarily celebrated the ordinary (albeit in a uniquely American context): faith, family, and freedom. Rock and other genres were intentionally transgressive, and country music stood out by contrast. But as the sexual revolution has thoroughly transformed culture and the digital age and entertainment industry have done much to eliminate regional cultural distinctions, the transgressive views of an elite few on sexuality and human relationships are becoming increasingly ordinary, and country music is beginning to reflect that.”

Continued below.