Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
For me, John 3.16 contains the heart of the Gospel. So many essential elements are there, and it affirms the great love of the Savior and the living hope of those who trust in Him!
I call it the Gospel of love..........

John 3:16 for God doth love/hgaphsen<25> the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave,
that every one who is believing in Him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

outwV gar hgaphsen o qeoV ton kosmon wste ton uion *autou ton monogenh edwken
ina paV o pisteuwn eiV auton mh apolhtai all ech zwhn aiwnion

This verse is pretty similar. He uses the word "love" 3 times in this verse. Nice

1 John 4:10 in this is being the love/agaph, not that we love/hgaphsamen God, but that He doth love/hgaphsen us,
and commissions His Son a propitiation for our sins.

agapao perhaps from agan (much) (or compare 5689); to love (in a social or moral sense):--(be-)love(-ed). Compare 5368.

#25 occurs 147 times in 109 verses........ Including 11 exact word forms of it.
1 each in Mark, Luke and John, the rest in the Epistles: 3 times each in Ephesians and 1John 4, and once in 2Peter 2, according to the ISA interllinear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I call it the Gospel of love..........

John 3:16 for God doth love/hgaphsen<25> the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave,
that every one who is believing in Him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

outwV gar hgaphsen o qeoV ton kosmon wste ton uion *autou ton monogenh edwken
ina paV o pisteuwn eiV auton mh apolhtai all ech zwhn aiwnion

This verse is pretty similar. He uses the word "love" 3 times in this verse. Nice

Scripture4All - Greek/Hebrew interlinear Bible software

1 John 4:10 in this is being the love/agaph, not that we love/hgaphsamen God, but that He doth love/hgaphsen us,
and commissions His Son a propitiation for our sins.

agapao perhaps from agan (much) (or compare 5689); to love (in a social or moral sense):--(be-)love(-ed). Compare 5368.

#25 occurs 147 times in 109 verses........ Including 11 exact word forms of it.
1 each in Mark, Luke and John, the rest in the Epistles: 3 times each in Ephesians and 1John 4, and once in 2Peter 2, according to the ISA interllinear.
Interesting...

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 3.16 is the greatest.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

AMEN
Well, exactly; looked at from various angles though the verse's various key words, its themes are inexhaustible!

Upvote 0

Katiedash

Apr 14, 2018
Salem
✟16,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
John is my favorite book in the NT......

The Gospel according to John 3:16
The Gospel according to John 3:16

Greek New Testament - Parallel Greek New Testament by John Hurt

Young's Literal Translation

3:16
for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

Stephens 1550 Textus Receptus
outwV gar hgaphsen o qeoV ton kosmon wste ton uion autou ton monogenh edwken ina paV o pisteuwn eiV auton mh apolhtai all ech zwhn aiwnion

outwV gar hgaphsen o qeoV ton kosmon wste ton uion autou
ton monogenh edwken ina paV o pisteuwn eiV auton mh apolhtai all ech zwhn aiwnion

This fits with the latest from the Pope. There is no hell....

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This scripture goes well with John 3:16

Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all [a]who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Winner
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HopefulHepatica

Beauty from Ashes
Apr 24, 2018
West Coast
✟20,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, thank you for sharing :) I agree, John 3:16 truly is the heart and is what has stayed with me all of these years, even before I gave my heart. There is true power in His word, but this line in particular is pretty much everything in one line.

• Winner
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, thank you for sharing :) I agree, John 3:16 truly is the heart and is what has stayed with me all of these years, even before I gave my heart. There is true power in His word, but this line in particular is pretty much everything in one line.
God's Word is wonderful, for His glory and our eternal benefit, by His grace. :)

Upvote 0