US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For me, John 3.16 contains the heart of the Gospel. So many essential elements are there, and it affirms the great love of the Savior and the living hope of those who trust in Him!
Beautiful verse :)

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For me, John 3.16 contains the heart of the Gospel. So many essential elements are there, and it affirms the great love of the Savior and the living hope of those who trust in Him!

Yes; however, there may be good reason to believe that, "whosoever," in John 3:16, is a direct reference to Christ, which would move, "faith" in Ephesians 2:8 from the believer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes; however, there may be good reason to believe that, "whosoever," in John 3:16, is a direct reference to Christ, which would move, "faith" in Ephesians 2:8 from the believer to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

And, "hast not denied my faith," in Revelation 2:13 may support this contention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16 amen. But the gospel is

Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

They had no NT. "according to the Scriptures" Paul knew where it was written ..do you? Christ buried and raised 3rd day according to the Scriptures? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
But I think it is just a starting point. Once saved, the Lord wants us to mature. In maturity we will discover peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟301,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
earth-and-son.jpg

Upvote 0