Jan 31, 2010
✟15,205.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What does that mean? Where does the Bible say anything about "accepting Christ as your personal savior"?

How can you be a Christian, but not know what the Gospel is?

There's a lot of people out there who put their religion as "Christian" on ballots, but they have no clue what the Bible says about anything. Some don't even know what salvation really means or how to acheive it.

Upvote 0

Bro_Sam

Feb 27, 2006
✟8,312.00
Faith
Calvinist
There's a lot of people out there who put their religion as "Christian" on ballots, but they have no clue what the Bible says about anything. Some don't even know what salvation really means or how to acheive it.

Sadly, that accounts for about 90% of the people here.

Upvote 0

Mattsanity

Jul 24, 2004
Toronto
✟343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does that mean? Where does the Bible say anything about "accepting Christ as your personal savior"?

How can you be a Christian, but not know what the Gospel is?

I'm not gonna pay back evil for evil, but overcome evil with love. God bless. :clap:

Upvote 0

Bro_Sam

Feb 27, 2006
✟8,312.00
Faith
Calvinist
OhhhChung said:
I don't want to fight.

I'm not asking you to fight. I'm just asking you to answer what should be, for someone who claims to be a Christian, a very simple question.

I accept Christ as my personal savior

You said that already, but you still haven't explained what that means or where in the Bible we're told that it's up to us to "accept Christ".

How can one be a Christian without even knowing what the Gospel is?

Upvote 0

Mattsanity

Jul 24, 2004
Toronto
✟343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not asking you to fight. I'm just asking you to answer what should be, for someone who claims to be a Christian, a very simple question.

You said that already, but you still haven't explained what that means or where in the Bible we're told that it's up to us to "accept Christ".

How can one be a Christian without even knowing what the Gospel is?

Accepting Christ as my personal savior should be a fair statement to be considered a Christian, but you are obviously provoking me to an ungodly fight - which is not Christ-like, dont you think?

this is my last post towards you in this thread. peace.

Upvote 0

Bro_Sam

Feb 27, 2006
✟8,312.00
Faith
Calvinist
Accepting Christ as my personal savior should be a fair statement to be considered a Christian

How can we know, when you won't even tell us what that means?

but you are obviously provoking me to an ungodly fight - which is not Christ-like, dont you think?

I'm not provoking you. I'm asking you a question.

And, no, it isn't Unchrist-like at all. In fact, when you read Christ's interactions with others in the New Testament, one of the first things you notice is that He is constantly asking them questions.

Upvote 0