Joel Osteen claims the OT dietary laws are still binding in the NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Joel Osteen, the Evangelical Pastor of the largest Mega Church in North America, has exploded the popular Evangelical view that the dietary laws were done away with at the cross. He basically, takes the position that SDAs have had for over 100 years. You have to admire his courage for preaching this sermon in Houston, Texas, one of the most carnivorous cities in the North America.

Video link to unclean foods sermon:

YouTube - Joel Osteen on God's Food Laws

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bacon will surely contribute to the "killer", like in raising your cholesterol.

Definately, thats why I eat it in moderation, actually I make it at my husbands request, he USED TO say, "Real men dont eat quiche" ^_^

He dont say that no more ^_^

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Joel Osteen is a whack job so his credibility is shot try again.
I am not sure I would go that far, but Osteen is a really just a Christian motivational speaker.
I don't think he is any kind of expert in theology or Christian doctrines.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Joel Osteen, the Evangelical Pastor of the largest Mega Church in North America, has exploded the popular Evangelical view that the dietary laws were done away with at the cross. He basically, takes the position that SDAs have had for over 100 years. You have to admire his courage for preaching this sermon in Houston, Texas, one of the most carnivorous cities in the North America.

So what - bet ya he is raking it (money) in because of it. Money is what counts don't ja know?

I see you brought up a old self promotion thread.

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why is the OP creating yet another J.O. thread? :confused:

http://www.christianforums.com/t7271170/
Joel Osteen promoting SDA health message!
Because it promotes her church. Notice SDA in the title? She doesn't care about JO. BTW she already did a thread on the topic. Musta got deleted. It is just a cover or grease to make it easier to go down. Forgive me while I
vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-.gif

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why is the OP creating yet another J.O. thread? :confused:
Because the author of this OP doesn't rely on Scripture for his ideas. He is likely to fetch anything and everything he can to promote Adventism - except the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

That is the same gut that says in Luke chapter 1,when Zech was silenced,it was to prevent Zech,from making a "negative confession",that would have hindered the plan of salvation..

It also shows joel does not know his bible..:D

Pork was food.
Gen 6:20-21
Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them."

Genesis 9:3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Then it became unclean under ceremonial laws.

Lev 11:4-7
" 'There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you. 5 The coney, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you. 6 The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you. 7 And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you.

Now it is clean.

Mark 7:19 Ampliifed
Since it does not reach and enter his heart but [only his] digestive tract, and so passes on [into the place designed to receive waste]? Thus He was making and declaring all foods [ceremonially] clean [that is, abolishing the ceremonial distinctions of the Levitical Law].

That is also what Paul said.

Romans 14:14
14I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Romans 14:20
Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats.

And eat all the foods in the Corinth meat market,That would include shellfish,due to it’s location.And yes,pork was sold there too.

1 Cor 10:25 NASB
Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience’ sake;

Greek for eat..

esthio 2068...1) to eat
2) to eat (consume) a thing
2a) to take food, eat a meal
3) metaph. to devour, consume

Greek for meat..makellon 3111...1) a place where meat and other articles of food are sold, meat market

Eat the unclean food of unbelievers..it was also offered to idols.

1 Corinthians 10:27
If one of the unbelievers invites you to dinner and you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you without raising any question on the ground of conscience.

Cleansed through prayer,not abstinence.We know the truth.

1 Timothy 4:3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Luke 10:8
Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you.

Peter ate the unclean food of the Roman guard.

Acts 11:3 “You went to uncircumcised men and ate with them.”

Paul ate the food of a gentile guard.

Acts 16:34 Then he brought them up into his house and set food before them. And he rejoiced along with his entire household that he had believed in God.

And then there was gentile Lydia.Did they not eat?

Acts 16:14 One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul. 15 And after she was baptized, and her household as well, she urged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.” And she prevailed upon us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Because it promotes her church. Notice SDA in the title? She doesn't care about JO. BTW she already did a thread on the topic. Musta got deleted. It is just a cover or grease to make it easier to go down. Forgive me while I
vomit-boy01-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-.gif

bugkiller
927154.gif

oh my! that sprayed my new shoes!^_^ I guess dem boigers did not sit well you had for lunch?:D

Upvote 0

JamesAH

Aug 21, 2008
✟2,966.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not sure I would go that far, but Osteen is a really just a Christian motivational speaker.
I don't think he is any kind of expert in theology or Christian doctrines.

I wouldn't trust him to park my Gremlin if I owned one and he was a valet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.