Joe Biden proposals for banning some firearms, high capacity magazines, immunity changes

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And own them in any numbers without the knowledge of government authorities?

What business is it of the government to know what someone does or does not own, especially when the ownership of that object is constitutionally protected?

I've already posted previously my "solution" to all of this: National Firearms License (with training mandate and background check) to purchase any firearm and/or ammo in exchange for repealing the NFA, GCA, and implementing federal constitutional carry in all 50 states. Blocks felons from legally acquiring firearms and ammo for those acquired illegally, but ensures that any law-abiding citizen who wants a full-auto belt-fed suppressed M240 can order one and 1000 rounds of ammo and have it shipped to their door...with a signature of course ;)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People need to be trained; and with American children lacking fathers these days, that training needs to come from outside the home.
lol, mothers can't teach their children to shot? You obviously don't have any experience in the rural US.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If you'd like to make a case for larger munitions, I am all ears. I personally would like to own a rifled cannon, but they are really expensive. While smoothbores are legal, rifled ones are not (hmmm back to that "accuracy" argument).
That's an interesting point about the rifled guns and I don't actually know the answer. The reenactment unit I belong to owns an original Parrot tube and we have always assumed that it fell under the 1898 rule.

In my mind, this comes down to multiplication of force: What tool has the greatest force multiplication factor with the lowest amount of collateral damage? A small arm. Anything beyond that, I can make a case for legal ownership but there's obvious need for a significant amount of proper training. I believe this extends to small arms as well. People need to be trained; and with American children lacking fathers these days, that training needs to come from outside the home.
That's what the NRA was originally founded to do. Too bad they moved on from it.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
lol, mothers can't teach their children to shot? You obviously don't have any experience in the rural US.

Being from the rural South, our fathers and grandfathers taught us to shoot. Sure, a mom can teach their children to shoot, but firearm knowledge is disproportionately held by males.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That's an interesting point about the rifled guns and I don't actually know the answer. The reenactment unit I belong to owns an original Parrot tube and we have always assumed that it fell under the 1898 rule.

That's what the NRA was originally founded to do. Too bad they moved on from it.

NRA instructors handle the concealed carry training here in NC.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you'd like to make a case for larger munitions, I am all ears. I personally would like to own a rifled cannon, but they are really expensive. While smoothbores are legal, rifled ones are not (hmmm back to that "accuracy" argument).

In my mind, this comes down to multiplication of force: What tool has the greatest force multiplication factor with the lowest amount of collateral damage? A small arm. Anything beyond that, I can make a case for legal ownership but there's obvious need for a significant amount of proper training. I believe this extends to small arms as well. People need to be trained; and with American children lacking fathers these days, that training needs to come from outside the home.

I was asking to see where you would draw the line.

My position is simple: To defend my home, I don't need an AR-15 with a 30 round clip. If I do, then I probably have no business owning a firearm.

There is no place in civilian society for such weapons IMO. The "collateral damage" these weapons can do has been demonstrated over and over.

• Agree
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being from the rural South, our fathers and grandfathers taught us to shoot. Sure, a mom can teach their children to shoot, but firearm knowledge is disproportionately held by males.
Thank you for clarifying.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

My position is simple: To defend my home, I don't need an AR-15 with a 30 round clip. If I do, then I probably have no business owning a firearm.

There is no place in civilian society for such weapons IMO. The "collateral damage" these weapons can do has been demonstrated over and over.
What 'collateral damage"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,673.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Shot placement is everything.
It is, and a well placed .223 could take down an elk (as I recall .22 is the favorite of poachers), but being charged by a stamped and going spray and pray is antithetical to shot placement.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,673.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Why would you say a .223 is not going to help you?

Because a rifle will generally not help you in a stamped situation. Your odds of turning the stampede are low and you definitely are not going to kill them in time to save yourself. Getting out of the way is your best option.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

AR15s don't accept clips, they accept magazines

clip-versus-magazine-300x264.png

Civilian society has a constitutionally guaranteed right to firearms, including AR15s and other military-style assault weapons. I've already provided court proceedings to prove this. If a person doesn't want to use an AR to defend themselves (in or outside the home) then that's their liberty to choose, but who is anyone to say what another person should defend themselves with?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is, and a well placed .223 could take down an elk (as I recall .22 is the favorite of poachers), but being charged by a stamped and going spray and pray is antithetical to shot placement.
Unless you shot an elk in the eye it's very unlikely you're going to kill one with a .22.

It's not going to make any difference if you've got a .223 or a 7mm you're out of luck if they actually stampede. Fortunately for us, there were trees to get behind.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What business is it of the government to know what someone does or does not own, especially when the ownership of that object is constitutionally protected?

I've already posted previously my "solution" to all of this: National Firearms License (with training mandate and background check) to purchase any firearm and/or ammo in exchange for repealing the NFA, GCA, and implementing federal constitutional carry in all 50 states. Blocks felons from legally acquiring firearms and ammo for those acquired illegally, but ensures that any law-abiding citizen who wants a full-auto belt-fed suppressed M240 can order one and 1000 rounds of ammo and have it shipped to their door...with a signature of course ;)

M240?!! Wow planing on doing some landscaping? :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Statement by the President Three Years After the Parkland Shooting | The White House

This Administration will not wait for the next mass shooting to heed that call. We will take action to end our epidemic of gun violence and make our schools and communities safer. Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now.

All I see are infringements on our liberty. Welcome to the gestapo.

• Agree
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0