Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He said, "They say, 'the noise (from windmills) causes cancer' but you tell me that one." So no, he did not claim windmills causes cancer. Rather, he said others are making that claim and he asked if that was true. Any suggestion otherwise is making a dishonest conclusion.
Who says windmills cause cancer, specifically? Where did he hear this from? Who’s the ‘they’ he’s referring to?

And he’s asking a crowd at his rally if it’s true? What would the people in the crowd know about windmills and cancer? Why bring it up at all if he doesn’t know?

Do you see the vagueness of that statement?

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
He said, "They say, 'the noise (from windmills) causes cancer' but you tell me that one." So no, he did not claim windmills causes cancer. Rather, he said others are making that claim and he asked if that was true. Any suggestion otherwise is making a dishonest conclusion.

Pull the other one, it has bells on.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who says windmills cause cancer, specifically? Where did he hear this from? Who’s the ‘they’ he’s referring to?

And he’s asking a crowd at his rally if it’s true? What would the people in the crowd know about windmills and cancer? Why bring it up at all if he doesn’t know?

Do you see the vagueness of that statement?
I have no idea who he was referring to. Any suggestion would be a guess. But that isn't the point. The point is that if you honestly assess what Trump said, he made absolutely no suggestions. He may have been referring to some "alternative science" walk jobs like these guys: 6 Signs You Have Windmill Cancer
No different than if he were to have said, "They say the earth is flat."

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have no idea who he was referring to. Any suggestion would be a guess. But that isn't the point. The point is that if you honestly assess what Trump said, he made absolutely no suggestions. He may have been referring to some "alternative science" walk jobs like these guys: 6 Signs You Have Windmill Cancer
No different than if he were to have said, "They say the earth is flat."
And you don’t see any problems with that?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you don’t see any problems with that?
I see a problem with people slandering the president by perpetuating lies about the things he said. This is on par with the false accusation that he suggested people should inject themselves with disinfectant when the truth is that Trump asked the doctor if anything exists that can work like a disinfectant for the body.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,965.00
Faith
Pentecostal
More like you have a nation full of kids who have grown up eating wildly unhealthy food that will result in their deaths likely coming at an earlier age than their parents. A genuine disaster for America's future. Yet the first person who tries to do something about it instead gets constant abuse and the kids are just shown that if they rebel their weak parents will immediately roll over and continue giving them the junk food that is killing them.

Yeah, good job America. Perish the thought that you might actual teach your kids some personal responsibility.

Nonsense. If you had to eat the stuff they served you would understand perfectly. Have you gone to these schools and eaten the food? If not, then you have no idea what you are talking about. I did and I get it. I didn't eat all if it either. It was terrible. All the program did was reinforce the idea that healthy food is gross.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Democracy? What kind? The kind of democracy we have already? If so, then you should have supported Trump.
No, there’s probably a million reasons why I never would have voted for Trump but his behavior throughout the last year and especially post election has cemented him in my mind as someone completely uninterested in the democratic process and the will of the people. You can’t have someone in charge of a system they clearly don’t trust and don’t believe in. The American president needs to defend American democracy, not put it down when things don’t go their way.

• Winner
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nonsense. If you had to eat the stuff they served you would understand perfectly. Have you gone to these schools and eaten the food? If not, then you have no idea what you are talking about. I did and I get it. I didn't eat all if it either. It was terrible. All the program did was reinforce the idea that healthy food is gross.

So was your instinct to try and improve the quality of the healthy food being offered or to just return to the old stuff?

Upvote 0

Sodafox

Jun 17, 2021
Denver
✟18,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Have you seen Conservative Christians lately ...
View attachment 301505
EnmYzfNW8AAtFCP

Ugh, please use spoilers for stuff like this. Almost lost my lunch.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's an English expression meaning "Your pulling my leg". In other words I'm not buying the sophistry trying to excuse Trumps claims.
Ah...I got it now. Thank you for explaining to a Yankee.

Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden had a son who died of cancer. He's optimistic about making a difference in the war against cancer.
I am sure he is. Now that he is president and in charge of the entire Healthcare system, you'd think he would have done something by now. Sad how he seems more focused on taking people's guns away than finding a cure for the disease that killed his son.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟261,122.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am sure he is. Now that he is president and in charge of the entire Healthcare system, you'd think he would have done something by now. Sad how he seems more focused on taking people's guns away than finding a cure for the disease that killed his son.
I might have missed something, but what steps has Biden done to take people's guns away?
I've heard a lot about infrastructure legislation, vaccination campaign, voting legislation, but nothing about confiscating guns.
If I missed something, please be precise.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think that Biden's in charge of the entire healthcare system ?

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL. If kids got thinner it was because they hated the food they got and didn't eat. I have kids and grandkids in school and they hate their lunches. They never eat it all cause it's terrible. I actually went to the school and are with them one day. The food was aweful. Oh it may have have been healthy, but it was terrible food. Yuck! I didn't eat it all either. I watched as kids threw half if it away. No wonder they are starving when they come home.
My wife serves those school lunches and can attest to what you say here. Michelle Obama's directives in our district were a complete disaster. Waste of money, food, and time.

• Agree
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Next Wednesday there should be an announcement.

Kids have always hated school lunches. If those kids a skinnier for not eating then chances are good that they weren't really hungry. That is far preferable to their wolfing down sugar and fat laden junk just because it tastes good.

Shame on Michelle Obama for not coming to your school to personally supervise the menu.
I'd rather see Michelle Obama come to our school and actually eat the food on a daily basis we are allowed to serve based on her initiative.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,680.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'd rather see Michelle Obama come to our school and actually eat the food on a daily basis we are allowed to serve based on her initiative.
You do realize that actual menus were decided by local school boards right? And that the new nutritional standards were set by Congress? Yes, Michelle Obama might have spearhead it as part of her anti-obesity campaign, but it's not like she dictated by fiat what the kids were actually getting served.

Upvote 0