Joe Biden promises to cure cancer!

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, but I'm not the one attacking the President either.
Who is "attacking" the president? Apparently asking a question about a campaign promise is now "attacking" the president. The bar is so low. I should have asked, "Hey Joe, what icecream are you eating today?"

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone want to talk about when Biden is planning of keeping this campaign promise?
Biden had a son who died of cancer. He's optimistic about making a difference in the war against cancer.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden had a son who died of cancer. He's optimistic about making a difference in the war against cancer.
And yet there has been no steps made towards curing the disease that killed his son. At least that I am aware of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And yet there has been no steps made towards curing the disease that killed his son. At least that I am aware of.
He's been president for 6 months.

And ... we have been seeing advances in the fight against cancer. Genetic-based cancer treatments, for instance ...

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He's been president for 6 months.

And ... we have been seeing advances in the fight against cancer. Genetic-based cancer treatments, for instance ...
I will make a deal. If Biden cures cancer before 2024, I will vote to have him reelected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone want to talk about when Biden is planning of keeping this campaign promise?
Would it be considered a campaign promise to cure cancer, all cancer?
Or would this be deemed a BHAG rather than a SMART goal?

A BHAG is a long term exciting and compelling target which shows an audacious intent but does not promise on timely results or even on the target result. It's kinda like a moon shot, but if you miss, you are amongst the stars anyway, so it was worth shooting for.

A SMART goal promises on specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely goals.

If his promise was of the BHAG form then I assume that means he was going to fund and put attention towards this audacious intent.
If his promise was of the SMART form, then it is quite a thing to promise on.

I wonder if anyone voted for Biden thinking that his administration was definitely going to have cancer cured within his 4 year term?

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I will make a deal. If Biden cures cancer before 2024, I will vote to have him reelected.
Define "Biden cures cancer", last I heard Biden isn't a scientist and isn't likely to submit a scientific paper penned by himself and backed by his own research and work in this field.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Look, fat! Joe's gonna cure fatness as well.
Hopefully we can work on that again. Since a ultra right Republican isn't the president.
I think Michelle Obama already tried that and failed miserably.
Michelle Obama didn't fail. Trump, ultra right Conservatives Christians and media didn't like idea. That a Democrat came up with the idea. So they complained about it , and overaerated about it. And brained washed people to believe it was bad. All Trump or any president had to do was improve it. And encourage healthy life style.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
We'll have to see if Congress funds Biden's new proposal.

The United States stands at a moment of unprecedented scientific promise and is challenged to ask: What more can we do to accelerate the pace of breakthroughs to transform medicine and health? Toward that end, President Biden recently proposed to create a new entity, the Advanced Research Projects Agency for Health (ARPA-H), within the National Institutes of Health (NIH) “to develop breakthroughs—to prevent, detect, and treat diseases like Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and cancer,” requesting $6.5 billion in the fiscal year 2022 budget (1). The idea is inspired by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), which follows a flexible and nimble strategy, undeterred by the possibility of failure, and has driven breakthrough advances for the Department of Defense (DOD) for more than 60 years. To design ARPA-H, it is critical to understand what is working well within the biomedical ecosystem, where there are crucial gaps, and the key principles of DARPA’s success.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Define "Biden cures cancer", last I heard Biden isn't a scientist and isn't likely to submit a scientific paper penned by himself and backed by his own research and work in this field.
Listen, I am giving the man so much slack that it doesn't matter who is responsible or how a cure of cancer is discovered. If there is a cure...period, I will vote for him. Sounds fair?

Upvote 0