Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why did you bring up the color of their skin?

Guess the bigger question is why didn't you?

Why did you bring up constitutionally protected property in relation to how it makes you feel?

I didn't make any comments about the constitutional protection (Philando Castille had a license to carry so he was doing EXACTLY what he was supposed to. But apparently the mere possession of such a thing caused him to be summarily executed on the spot.

Meanwhile white guys were openly calling for the seizing of government officials and most of them lived to see the next day.

What's the difference? Oh, I know!

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Guess the bigger question is why didn't you?

Because there is no reason to; to do so either is, or leads to, racism. We are all equally deserving of rights and respect, regardless of the color of our skin.

I answered you, now please show me the same courtesy.

I didn't make any comments about the constitutional protection (Philando Castille had a license to carry so he was doing EXACTLY what he was supposed to. But apparently the mere possession of such a thing caused him to be summarily executed on the spot.

Yes, bad shoot. Happens to white people too:

Students protest Portland State police deadly shooting | kgw.com

Meanwhile white guys were openly calling for the seizing of government officials and most of them lived to see the next day.

Plenty of black people with concealed carry that don't get shot. This race baiting needs to stop.

What's the difference? Oh, I know!

Please stop.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship

Because there is no reason to; to do so either is, or leads to, racism. We are all equally deserving of rights and respect, regardless of the color of our skin.

We are but we don't see that in America.

Please stop.

Nope. Sorry.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are but we don't see that in America.

In America I see it every day...we have a very racially diverse neighborhood and we all get along, our kids play with each other. The divide is only purported by the media, including social media. We don't see color, we see just other people; our neighbors. Galatians 3:28 comes to mind.

Continuing to bring up race, like it divides us from our humanity, furthers the perception of division, but I refuse to give into that.

• Friendly
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
In America I see it every day...we have a very racially diverse neighborhood and we all get along, our kids play with each other. The divide is only purported by the media, including social media. We don't see color, we see just other people; our neighbors. Galatians 3:28 comes to mind.

Continuing to bring up race, like it divides us from our humanity, furthers the perception of division, but I refuse to give into that.

Good for you. Enjoy your privilege. It is a blessing to be able to not hear the cries of those who demand for justice.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Goid for you. Enjoy your privilege. It is a blessing to be able to not hear the cries of those who demand for justice.

I have no privilege. I am crying for justice as well, mostly unheard and if heard, dismissed.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have no privilege.

So you earned every single thing in your life? You didn't get help from ANYONE WHATSOEVER? You didn't have parents or a family? I actually feel quite sorry for you if that is the case. But I'm also quite impressed. I've never met a human who has no privilege whatsoever and who is purely self-made.

I am crying for justice as well, mostly unheard and if heard, dismissed.

So how do you think it feels to others when their cries are unheard?

(Also: note that in my original post I never mentioned race at all. I merely asked if Philandro Castile used his gun when he was shot and killed? It related DIRECTLY to the post I was responding to which asked if the insurrectionists actually "used" their various items.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you earned every single thing in your life? You didn't get help from ANYONE WHATSOEVER? You didn't have parents or a family? I actually feel quite sorry for you if that is the case. But I'm also quite impressed. I've never met a human who has no privilege whatsoever and who is purely self-made.

I come from a broken single-parent home of an alcoholic and a drug addict. Yes, I had people help me along the way, friends, extended family. If we have have individualized levels of privilege, as you say, why bring it up? It seems a rather moot point. I don't count that as "privilege" as that seems to be a misnomer, I'd call that God's Grace.

So how do you think it feels to others when their cries are unheard?

Feels like I need to work harder.

(Also: note that in my original post I never mentioned race at all. I merely asked if Philandro Castile used his gun when he was shot and killed? It related DIRECTLY to the post I was responding to which asked if the insurrectionists actually "used" their various items.)

Weirdest sense of dejavu right now.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I come from a broken single-parent home of an alcoholic and a drug addict. Yes, I had people help me along the way, friends, extended family. If we have have individualized levels of privilege, as you say, why bring it up? It seems a rather moot point. I don't count that as "privilege" as that seems to be a misnomer, I'd call that God's Grace.

See, that's the point. You come from very dire circumstances. Yet I believe you when you say that. But then you earlier made it sound as if the concept of race problems in America was something I was simply making up to "divide" people:

It is real for many millions of Americans and they tell us this explicitly and loudly.

So, yes, let us bring up race when it shows up as a problem.

Upvote 0